Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ersan probably gets some small ball center minutes as well. But we also have BroLo,Maker andHenson yet. Besides Zeller if he makes the team. I think Pat will get SF minutes. Like I said in other thread he plays above the rim catching lobs and can hit the three. I think we will be playing a lot of small ball across the board long as everyone can hit the three. It opens the lane for Giannis.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Ersan probably gets some small ball center minutes as well.
    Wood can do that too and perhaps with much more future potential than Ilyasova will ever be able to... Remember my comments on "modern basketball" with two athletic fast leg PFs playing together on the floor?

But we also have BroLo,Maker andHenson yet. Besides Zeller if he makes the team. I think Pat will get SF minutes. Like I said in other thread he plays above the rim catching lobs and can hit the three. I think we will be playing a lot of small ball across the board long as everyone can hit the three. It opens the lane for Giannis.
    That's more or less the plan after Buzz was waived alright, but it's still "3 guards always on the floor" tactics we play...

Well Henson doesn't fit Bud's schemes. Maker is okay if he's hitting threes and blocking shots but piss poor rebounder and bit of a twig even though he bulked up a little this year. Maker is so so. Zeller is so so. BroLo is okay but on cheap deal but lousy defender. Ersan is just quality depth to play ahead of Henson and Maker and Zeller.

Besides Henson and Maker could be on the trade block. Maker could just be a mild sweetener to dump a bad contract like Snell, Delly, Henson. Also with names like Brogdon or Bledsoe tossed around in Butler trade rumors. Seems Bud isn't in tune keeping either of them either. So both could be use to dump other players as well.

Well Henson doesn't fit Bud's schemes. Maker is okay if he's hitting threes and blocking shots but piss poor rebounder and bit of a twig even though he bulked up a little this year. Maker is so so. Zeller is so so. BroLo is okay but on cheap deal but lousy defender. Ersan is just quality depth to play ahead of Henson and Maker and Zeller.

Besides Henson and Maker could be on the trade block. Maker could just be a mild sweetener to dump a bad contract like Snell, Delly, Henson. Also with names like Brogdon or Bledsoe tossed around in Butler trade rumors. Seems Bud isn't in tune keeping either of them either. So both could be use to dump other players as well.
    IMO (and experience), teams are build on depth, you first build the starting roster, then you build the 2nd team, then the deep roster... All I'm saying is that Ilyasova is expendable if on Wood we have a 2nd team PF that can play SbC as well... You don't pay a "deep roster" 7M/per... do you?

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    IMO (and experience), teams are build on depth, you first build the starting roster, then you build the 2nd team, then the deep roster... All I'm saying is that Ilyasova is expendable if on Wood we have a 2nd team PF that can play SbC as well... You don't pay a "deep roster" 7M/per... do you?
    Well we don't have cap till 2020 anyway. Barring any salary dumping's of Snell,Henson,Delly. Also having Ersan just lets Giannis rest a little more. I know last year he was ran into the ground then he got the sore ankle and knee playing heavy minutes. Yeah I agree though save major money for stars.

But we broke them rules with Henson, Snell, Delly,Telly, Plumlee. We lucked into Plumlee traded and Telly forced to retire. Also signing Ersan is one less weapon on the enemies team like 76ers. We still could use both of Brogdon and Maker two dump like both of Delly and Henson. Or hang onto them since after this season they be one year deals then.

Bucks coach Mike Budenholzer plans to keep power forward Ersan Ilyasova in the rotation when he returns from a fractured nose that required surgery, Matt Velazquez of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports. Ilyasova, who suffered the injury during a December 16th practice, could return to action this weekend. Second-year man D.J. Wilson has played well in his absence. “Ersan’s somebody that we think we’ll find minutes for and then (with) those young guys, keep trying to figure out how we can keep them involved and growing and developing, but I guess for me it’s a couple days away,” Budenholzer said.
    https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/01/...va-parker.html

Ersan is having a pretty nice year. He is shooting 45 percent from the floor and is shooting 37.5 percent from 3. Per 36 he is averaging 14 and 10, he's drawn 21 charges tops in the NBA and he is on an affordable contract. Horst as GM has had a nice run on decisions lately.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12