Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    109,686

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    it's cool but... he makes $19 million and is overpaid. he knows he got a steal so he can afford to do it

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    109,686
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    it's cool but... he makes $19 million and is overpaid. he knows he got a steal so he can afford to do it
    you know i love you but this logic is stupid. Bill gates has 90 billion dollars as well so he should just throw his money away right? he is overpaid but dude come on

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    From 303 to the 614
    Posts
    8,923
    Crazy to see an outlet like TMZ reporting something positive. Shoutout to Crabbe tho, awesome gesture helping out the students, teachers and community that raised him

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,076
    The majority of professional athletes donate a lot of money and many a lot of their time too. I know of a few 7 digit donations in the last year by NBA players, and it's not about them feeling guilty for being over-paid.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    19,803
    well done!

    and since he basically stole that money from the league at least he is putting it to good use

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    13,393
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you know i love you but this logic is stupid. Bill gates has 90 billion dollars as well so he should just throw his money away right? he is overpaid but dude come on
    Itís not stupid at all. People that make that much money should be doing stuff like this. Quite frankly, I think youíre a huge douche if you donít.

    And yes, Gates should throw some of that coin my way.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    well done!

    and since he basically stole that money from the league at least he is putting it to good use
    Yup, basically my point. He's guilty of getting an overpaid deal and knows it. Does anyone think he makes the same donation if he got paid what he's really worth ($8 million range)? I don't think so. Obviously he doesn't have to donate but it's nice to know you've got money to blow when you basically don't deserve it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Itís not stupid at all. People that make that much money should be doing stuff like this. Quite frankly, I think youíre a huge douche if you donít.

    And yes, Gates should throw some of that coin my way.
    You should ask Bezos for that money. Dude is worth $140 billion in assets right now.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    12,956
    ****, that's a nice gesture. Does he have to do it annually? I'm just wondering because it says their funding was pulled, which likely means they need money every year. At least 8 teachers, principal, VP and admin staff, gotta be touching $300k a year.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Just read another article.. his grandfather founded that school.. So this is a family thing.. which makes me believe that some sort of fraud has been going on. Allen Crabbe donated to keep the school running because the local church stopped funding them due to low enrollment and fiscal quota numbers.. Someone or numerous individuals are pocketing the money and doing a poor job managing the school and likely has been for years. Just my guess but there is always an * these days. Even LeBron James foundation. It's positive for the community but there are so many loopholes where he can actually save more money than if he were to individually pay the taxes and then donate to another charity. These guys aren't stupid.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    45,606
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you know i love you but this logic is stupid. Bill gates has 90 billion dollars as well so he should just throw his money away right? he is overpaid but dude come on
    Bill Gates is the anti crabbe

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    45,606
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Just read another article.. his grandfather founded that school.. So this is a family thing.. which makes me believe that some sort of fraud has been going on. Allen Crabbe donated to keep the school running because the local church stopped funding them due to low enrollment and fiscal quota numbers.. Someone or numerous individuals are pocketing the money and doing a poor job managing the school and likely has been for years. Just my guess but there is always an * these days. Even LeBron James foundation. It's positive for the community but there are so many loopholes where he can actually save more money than if he were to individually pay the taxes and then donate to another charity. These guys aren't stupid.
    Stupid? Wong word there, they're evil if it's not charity

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    19,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Stupid? Wong word there, they're evil if it's not charity
    Stupid to whom? It's their money. They have a right to legally make the best decision for themselves financially if they choose to.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •