Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    I think going into this season the hope was to use our cap room to take on a bad contract and get a pick or a prospect for our trouble. This is still a solid option. However, if we're still in contention for the 8th seed around the deadline, would you guys prefer to try to get an upgrade at SF? I'm not talking about a swing for the fences type trade. I'm thinking more someone like Jonathan Simmons or Kent Bazemore - someone that can provide solid minutes at SF. What would be more beneficial to the team longterm, a mid to late first rounder or the experience of a playoff push?
    A young SF with upside who can fit in and continue to grow with this team is the most ideal thing. Two birds with one stone.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

I think going into this season the hope was to use our cap room to take on a bad contract and get a pick or a prospect for our trouble. This is still a solid option. However, if we're still in contention for the 8th seed around the deadline, would you guys prefer to try to get an upgrade at SF? I'm not talking about a swing for the fences type trade. I'm thinking more someone like Jonathan Simmons or Kent Bazemore - someone that can provide solid minutes at SF. What would be more beneficial to the team longterm, a mid to late first rounder or the experience of a playoff push?
    We dont have our first round pick for 2019 and because of that we cant trade our 2020 first round pick unless we first get another 2019 or 2020 first round pick in return.

I would have no problem trading our 2021 first round pick if it meant making the playoffs this season. I just doubt a 2021 first round pick by itself would have that much value considering that is 3 drafts away.

Porter can probably be had for very little. I would guess a package of Z-Bo, Ben, and Skal gets it done. Porter could also be a very good fit on the Kings. Porter would be able to knock down the open looks created by Fox, Bjelica, and Bogi. Plus, he is a plus defender. On the other hand, Porter has 2 years and $56 million left on his deal after this year. That's a hefty price for Porter's production.
    I doubt Washington would trade for Ben, Zach, and Skal. Ben has already been around long enough his value is zero. Skal is getting no time with the Kings in his 3rd season, teams are likely looking at him as a low to zero value player. Zach likely have some use on a playoff contender. I think Washington would get more value from another team for Otto Porter than Ben, Zach, and Skal.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I doubt Washington would trade for Ben, Zach, and Skal. Ben has already been around long enough his value is zero. Skal is getting no time with the Kings in his 3rd season, teams are likely looking at him as a low to zero value player. Zach likely have some use on a playoff contender. I think Washington would get more value from another team for Otto Porter than Ben, Zach, and Skal.
    You are looking at it the wrong way. The value of these players is completely irrelevant. It's their expiring contracts that are valuable. This frees up a ton of cap space for them next season and would allow them to sign a max player.

There are very few teams with our cap space flexibility right now. In situations like this, sometimes teams are actually willing to give up a draft pick just to get out of a contract. I don't know if Washington is at that point with Porter yet, but they might be later in the season.
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

We dont have our first round pick for 2019 and because of that we cant trade our 2020 first round pick unless we first get another 2019 or 2020 first round pick in return.

I would have no problem trading our 2021 first round pick if it meant making the playoffs this season. I just doubt a 2021 first round pick by itself would have that much value considering that is 3 drafts away.
    Giving away future first round picks is insanity.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Giving away future first round picks is insanity.
    Good teams do it all the time. You just have to make sure your a good team. Making the playoffs would go a long way in attaining free agents.

You are looking at it the wrong way. The value of these players is completely irrelevant. It's their expiring contracts that are valuable. This frees up a ton of cap space for them next season and would allow them to sign a max player.

There are very few teams with our cap space flexibility right now. In situations like this, sometimes teams are actually willing to give up a draft pick just to get out of a contract. I don't know if Washington is at that point with Porter yet, but they might be later in the season.
    Like I said. I am sure if the Wizards chose to trade Porter they would get more in a trade than what is offered in this thread.

Like I said. I am sure if the Wizards chose to trade Porter they would get more in a trade than what is offered in this thread.
    I'd have to research what teams can take on that salary or what teams would be willing to take on that salary. That would narrow the field down quite a bit.

Any team that is in on KD, Jimmy, Kyrie, etc. probably isn't willing to take on Porter's contract under any circumstance. Then you have teams who literally could not afford his contract.

How many team's are left? And how many of those teams would be interested in him? When a non superstar is locked up long term for $28 mil per season, that changes his value significantly. So, I'm not sure you are correct in your analysis.

Remember, when Otto was an RFA, who was the one team that drove up his price? It was the Kings. I'm not sure anyone else offered a max deal. Washington matched the offer because they didn't wan't to lose a young ascending player heading into his prime years, but he hasn't ascended. It's entirely possible that the Kings are the only team that would even be willing to take on that contract or still view him as a player worth a max deal. Hell, we don't even know if the Kings still view him that way.
    Marmolololololol

Good teams do it all the time. You just have to make sure your a good team. Making the playoffs would go a long way in attaining free agents.
    It's a bad risk to take. Good teams do it from time to time, but we are not a good team yet. We need to prove that first. We need to be consistent for a full season and make the playoffs first. After we prove we can be a playoff team with our young core, then I'm all for doing what we have to do to get to the next level even if that means trading first round picks. But as of right now, it's a horrible risk to take.
    Marmolololololol

I'd have to research what teams can take on that salary or what teams would be willing to take on that salary. That would narrow the field down quite a bit.

Any team that is in on KD, Jimmy, Kyrie, etc. probably isn't willing to take on Porter's contract under any circumstance. Then you have teams who literally could not afford his contract.

How many team's are left? And how many of those teams would be interested in him? When a non superstar is locked up long term for $28 mil per season, that changes his value significantly. So, I'm not sure you are correct in your analysis.

Remember, when Otto was an RFA, who was the one team that drove up his price? It was the Kings. I'm not sure anyone else offered a max deal. Washington matched the offer because they didn't wan't to lose a young ascending player heading into his prime years, but he hasn't ascended. It's entirely possible that the Kings are the only team that would even be willing to take on that contract or still view him as a player worth a max deal. Hell, we don't even know if the Kings still view him that way.
    I agree that he is unlikely to be moved. He has 2 more years left at a hefty price. He also has a 15 percent trade kicker that adds almost 4.5 mil to his salary. I doubt the Kings are going to be looking to add Otto Porter at that salary. I think more likely he is moved in a situation where 2 teams are looking to change stars. TWolves for example may be willing to make a trade involving Butler for Porter figuring they will lose Butler in the off season and may not be able to compete in the off season free agent market.

Maybe Iím wrong, but I donít see Porter as a positive asset - neutral at best. I know itís early in the season, but heís only averaging 10 ppg and shooting a bad percentage on a bad team. Last season was his best season and he still only averaged 14 ppg. Heís a good defender, but itís not like heís an all-defensive team type guy. Heís an above average player, but heís getting all star money. I canít think of a team that would give up anything valuable for him.

I wasnít thinking of trading one of our future picks. I was wondering if it would be better to try to acquire a 1st rounder or to try to acquire an upgrade at SF.

What about a target being the Nets Caris Lavert? He is listed as a sg but is 6'7''?

Or Justice Winslow... or go all in on Brandon Ingram since he is struggling?

Maybe Iím wrong, but I donít see Porter as a positive asset - neutral at best. I know itís early in the season, but heís only averaging 10 ppg and shooting a bad percentage on a bad team. Last season was his best season and he still only averaged 14 ppg. Heís a good defender, but itís not like heís an all-defensive team type guy. Heís an above average player, but heís getting all star money. I canít think of a team that would give up anything valuable for him.
    I am not suggesting we trade for Porter.

I would prefer we let this early win streak play out before tinkering with this team.

I think Porter would be a rich man version of Justin Jackson for this team. I would only trade Z-Bo and Shumpert and Mason (that is just personally though) for him.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast