Kings get porter and kanter

With some picks thrown around is this realistic

Quote Originally Posted by timz-a-changin View Post
    Works in the trade machine...
    Ny gets ben and Randolph
    Wiz get wcs, shumpert and koufos
    Kings get porter and kanter

With some picks thrown around is this realistic
    Knicks would want more than just Ben + Picks.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss in 2017

My feeling is the Kings wont be trading WCS or Shump in a deal to get Kanter. I also don't expect Porter to get traded to the Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    My feeling is the Kings wont be trading WCS or Shump in a deal to get Kanter. I also don't expect Porter to get traded to the Kings.
    I hope the Kings don't give up WCS or Shump for Kanter. He's probably not as good as WCS and I wouldn't want to ruin our chemistry by losing Shump. Randolph and a 2nd would be what I'd offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    I hope the Kings don't give up WCS or Shump for Kanter. He's probably not as good as WCS and I wouldn't want to ruin our chemistry by losing Shump. Randolph and a 2nd would be what I'd offer.
    Jason Anderson is reporting that the Kings and Knicks are not close to a deal and may have already broken off discussions.

New York Daily News is reporting that the Kings want to trade Randolph and Koufos for Kanter but the Knicks want more like a 2nd round pick. It also said the Knicks want to trade for Jabari Parker but would have to trade Kanter first and the Bulls are not interested in Kanter.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    New York Daily News is reporting that the Kings want to trade Randolph and Koufos for Kanter but the Knicks want more like a 2nd round pick. It also said the Knicks want to trade for Jabari Parker but would have to trade Kanter first and the Bulls are not interested in Kanter.
    Kings have like 7 2nd rounders in the next few years. Surely they can afford to trade one of them.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss in 2017

Of course Dolan wants more in a package when he’s also chasing after more garbage in Jabari Parker!
    Just target Kanter for ZBo/Kosta and don’t even think about giving their dumpster fire tanking carcass anything like 2nd round picks.

My problems with Kanter is

whose minutes is he going to take?

Bad defense.

He was pouting in New York because he was a backup. Will he do the same in Sac if he isnt starting?

Kanter is only useful if we get rid of Willie, and I don’t see that happening.

Kanter doesn’t fit our run-n-gun style of play, and I’d rather just bump up Bagley & Giles minutes instead of acquire a player in Kanter who can’t even spell the word defense. He stinks. The Knicks stink. Keep that trash where it belongs in NYC.

With the rumor of Jeremy Lin I think if all we gave up is a 2nd round pick and some expiring contracts he would be a good depth pick up for us.

I would easily give up a couple second round picks to make the playoffs this season. I know we are unlikely to win the championship this season but making the playoffs is the first step and the experience would be invaluable, it would also show next years free agents that we are closer to a championship than past Kings teams.

I think Kanter and Lin would both definitely help us. Also, I don't think Kanter would pout in Sac. He's going to be a free agent. He'd have to be pretty stupid to be a problem on two teams in one season, it would kill his value in free agency. So, I'd be okay with either them them if it happened. That being said, I'd like to see us wait to see if any other opportunities pop up at the deadline. To me, Kanter and Lin would be fall back moves if nothing else pops up.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456