Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    So basically, because itís not a normal job, itís ok to toss around racial slurs. Got ya.
    Do you need some more straw?

Sure, I have fields on both sides of my house. I wouldnít mind propping up a couple of scarecrows.
    Last edited by One Nut Kruk; 07-05-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Sure, I have fields on both sides of my house. I wouldnít mind propping up a couple of scarecrows.
    That is Materialist... Why do you make the jump to scarecrows when you see straw? Can scarecrows not be made of or look like anything else?

Straw, hay, leaves, grass clippings, wood chips and rags are all acceptable stuffing materials but you see straw and just go right to scarecrows.... You disgust me.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 07-05-2018 at 08:47 PM.

Did I say I was only going to use straw? Or perhaps I only like to use straw? Guess youíll never know.

Tigers pitching coach Chris Bosio fired for racial comment

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post

And lets not play the game where we all pretend we haven't said some ****ed up stuff in our lives when around some buddies.
    Yeah. I guess I have, but in my head. Never out loud.

I think when someone pisses you off, thereís a tendency to 1. resort to name-calling, 2. attacking the person for a trait could be most humiliating to them, ďfatty, ******, shrimp, etcĒ. Or worse.

I donít think this makes someone who uses a racial slur specifically racist. Itís an immature tactic to gain power in a dispute.

Or - it could be because the person is racist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dugmet; 07-06-2018 at 03:51 AM.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I think they should. If I could hypothetically get fired for saying something like that, i would like to think that a guy like this who is making a million bucks would be held to the same or even higher standard.

It also doesnít help that he made the racially insensitive comments in a city thatís 80% Black - I believe the largest black population in s city in the country.
    the key to your post.

Doesn't mean anyone should be. If the guy had a long track record of these comments or attitudes I don't have a problem with getting him fired. However, if it is a one-off situation I just think it is to harsh.

If it is a one-off I hope all the people calling for his head accept that when they do something that is stupid and a one-off that this is new standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Yeah. I guess I have, but in my head. Never out loud.

I think when someone pisses you off, thereís a tendency to 1. resort to name-calling, 2. attacking the person for a trait could be most humiliating to them, ďfatty, ******, shrimp, etcĒ. Or worse.

I donít think this makes someone who uses a racial slur specifically racist. Itís an immature tactic to gain power in a dispute.

Or - it could be because the person is racist.

Shrimp! How evil!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I don't think I've ever sat there and called someone the 'n' word or called a black guy a monkey who wasn't a close friend at least. I just don't think saying one terrible thing in your life to someone is enough to blacklist someone from their profession. If he had a history of racism that's one thing. I would be more down with a one time wife beater getting blacklisted than someone who said a terrible thing once. Because when we REALLY break it down, this guy who he called a monkey is fine... The guy who called him a monkey is gone. Is the punishment really fitting the crime (if he does get blacklisted)?

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    I don't think I've ever sat there and called someone the 'n' word or called a black guy a monkey who wasn't a close friend at least. I just don't think saying one terrible thing in your life to someone is enough to blacklist someone from their profession. If he had a history of racism that's one thing. I would be more down with a one time wife beater getting blacklisted than someone who said a terrible thing once. Because when we REALLY break it down, this guy who he called a monkey is fine... The guy who called him a monkey is gone. Is the punishment really fitting the crime (if he does get blacklisted)?
    He doesnít have to be a PC, plenty of other jobs that he can apply for and get.

It took over 200 years of Jim Crow after making enslavement of black people illegal before this country started to make any real effort to live up to the equality enshined in our Declaration of Independence. And itís been another 50 years since then of slow incremental improvements that still falls far short of equality. But we whine about how unfair this situation is? Poor rich white people have it so hard in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    It took over 200 years of Jim Crow after making enslavement of black people illegal before this country started to make any real effort to live up to the equality enshined in our Declaration of Independence. And itís been another 50 years since then of slow incremental improvements that still falls far short of equality. But we whine about how unfair this situation is? Poor rich white people have it so hard in this country.
    If equality is the goal, we're not reaching it if ANYone is treated differently because of who they are, INCLUDING 'poor rich white people'.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    If equality is the goal, we're not reaching it if ANYone is treated differently because of who they are, INCLUDING 'poor rich white people'.
    Gotta expect some pendulum swing. Just saying this is mild considering how far the pendulum swung the other way.

Generalizing a group of people because they are white or rich or both.... I love how you throw stones in a glass house. I forgot only black people or poor black people can struggle

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    boom... my dude

Gotta expect some pendulum swing. Just saying this is mild considering how far the pendulum swung the other way.
    so we should be alright with the pendulum swinging in an unfair manner today because of what people what through before our time? I am suppose to be alright with NOW being treated unfairly because of what happened to black people years before i was born? seems legit. The logic is spot on. Let me go out and let a black guy belittle me because its only fair.

Love it though... Scream for equality while expecting things to swing in 1 races favor because of what they went through... completely defeats the purpose of equality

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast