Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 85
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    16,594
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Dumb but so is society... I can almost promise he wasnt trying to be racist but my god if you call any black person a monkey its as bad as calling them the N word in todays super sensitive world... Now clearly no names should be called but this shouldnt be career suicide like it will be all because instantly any and everything is racism.


    I really wish the dude he called a monkey was white or asian just to see the backlash or lack there of of course... Oh thats right there wouldnt be any because a monkey can only be a black person and the only racism that we put under a microscope in todays world is anything directed at a black person.


    That all being said hes an idiot. He ****ed up... His career is over because he made a stupid mistake in the heat of the moment even though there is 0 track record ever of anything racist from him.
    You can't really be that dense can you? Demeaning names or stereotypes have association with particular races that they don't have with others. Monkey, a noose, watermelons and big lips, those have been historically directed at black people, not whites, not asians, not hispanics - thats how racial degradation works
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    26,138
    Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    I know a white guy who’s nickname is Monkey because he actually does look like a monkey.
    Impossible

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    26,138
    Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Then how come nobody on the coaching staff fought for him whatsoever? Gardenhire agreed with the decision and flat out said they had no choice but to fire him. Tells me it was a lot worse than just a miscommunication
    Of course they had no choice and of course Gardenhire says he agreed. Imagine the backlash if he didn't say the politally correct thing?

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    10,726
    Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    I know a white guy who’s nickname is Monkey because he actually does look like a monkey.
    I have a friend who was given the nickname "Vanilla Gorilla" by a dark skinned latino. He's white and he's hairy as ****. He loved the nickname.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    92,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    You’re trying to spin this into something that it’s not. He didn’t call an asian person a monkey and youre getting mad at some nonexistent scenario.


    ONK is also right, nobody is sticking up for him, the reliever wasn’t aware of the nickname, etc. Bosio’s an idiot, that much we can all agree on but take this situation for what it is, not what you want it to be.
    There is nothing to spin this is society and how it is. Nobody is sticking up for him because nobody is that moronic to go down with the titanic. If this dude was being suspended for steroids/drunk driving etc the organization and everyone would back him and say how great of a guy he is and how mistakes happen but once you are tied to racism not even his mother would fall on that grenade. His career is over because he called someone a monkey and that someone happened to be black so its racism because blacks are the only race that someone can be racist against in todays age. Again if the dude he called a monkey was white/asian or any other skin color of any sort the players would have laughed. There is 0 chance his intent was racism.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    92,487
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    You can't really be that dense can you? Demeaning names or stereotypes have association with particular races that they don't have with others. Monkey, a noose, watermelons and big lips, those have been historically directed at black people, not whites, not asians, not hispanics - thats how racial degradation works
    I use to call my nephew a monkey all the time... Whos my little monkey etc He is white... My other sister my little sister just had her 2nd child with her amazing husband who is black and the baby is mixed... I guess I cant go around calling him monkey like I did my other nephew right? Some things I completely understand but he called someone a monkey that has been used many times by people saying it about other people who joke/play etc but because that person is black its racist. GTFO.

    This dude has 0 record of anything racist ever but because he calls someone a monkey while he is ranting or whatever and that someone whom they all knew is black its racist.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    16,594
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I use to call my nephew a monkey all the time... Whos my little monkey etc He is white... My other sister my little sister just had her 2nd child with her amazing husband who is black and the baby is mixed... I guess I cant go around calling him monkey like I did my other nephew right? Some things I completely understand but he called someone a monkey that has been used many times by people saying it about other people who joke/play etc but because that person is black its racist. GTFO.

    This dude has 0 record of anything racist ever but because he calls someone a monkey while he is ranting or whatever and that someone whom they all knew is black its racist.
    No, you probably shouldn't call your black nephew a monkey
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    92,487
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    No, you probably shouldn't call your black nephew a monkey
    I think monkey is an adorable name for a child.... Its ok to call one child monkey but not the other because society looks for racism everywhere and I might offend people by being adorable to a family member I love and cherish? Also I dont call him monkey but the point stands. I guess Equality only matters dependent on the situation?

    I wish we could get rid of racism/world hunger etc etc etc but when you have 7 billion people racism will always exist because hate and jealousy will always exist... I love that we are working on the problem at hand but we are also hurting people in the process by looking for racism around every corner instead of judging racism when there is actual racism... This guy didnt see color but everyone else does so he now gets burnt at the stake and forever be judged a racist. That seems oh so justifiable for a misuse of an everyday word... The same people that are up in the air over this are the same ones who hate any usage of the N word unless its from a black person in some type of rap lyrics.


    Do you think if this was Dusty baker who called this kid a monkey he would be fired? Double standard much?
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 06-30-2018 at 08:04 PM.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    18,409
    MTM I get the point you’re trying to make but you’re talking about what ifs rather than fact. Dusty never called somebody a monkey, Bosio didn’t call an asian a monkey, etc. I think you’re looking too much into this and are using this as a false example or as a platform to sort of rant about the double standard which wasn’t even here in the firstborn place.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    92,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    MTM I get the point you’re trying to make but you’re talking about what ifs rather than fact. Dusty never called somebody a monkey, Bosio didn’t call an asian a monkey, etc. I think you’re looking too much into this and are using this as a false example or as a platform to sort of rant about the double standard which wasn’t even here in the firstborn place.
    My biggest issue is the assumption by society..... He could very well be a racist or called him a monkey because he is black but its just not likely and instead of understanding that and weighing it we instantly go to monkey/black and that is a new found trend over the years... The guy has no track record of racism that we know of and was making a speech/rant whatever you want to call it and called someone a monkey and honestly if that person was white/asian id fully expect the same situation to have accrued and dont believe race had anything to do with it... It was 100 percent stupid because of the society we live in currently and people should be aware of these things... Of course this guy decided to lie afterwords and that was wrong as well but he was trying to save his career/livelyhood because he knew the mistake he made and he knew he would be made an example of and left on an island by his employers/employees...

    We need to stop looking for racism around every corner and actually start being smarter as a people because people are 100 percent stupid. He made a mistake with no real malicious intent and no background of racism yet that is the first thing we leap to and its not helping the problem and he shouldnt have been fired. He should have apologized if he hurt the persons feelings and it should be genuine... What he said was stupid nomatter how he meant it even if not meant in a racist manner but our first reaction shouldn't be thats racist/How dare you/Your career is over and everything you have worked for and done is now washed away because this guy has a family and bills and shouldnt be burned at the stake over an assumption of racism like he clearly has been.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    52,238
    You're going down a deep rabbit hole here, and it all starts with suggesting you know what his intent was. What is "likely" and what he "meant" is almost impossible for anyone here to say. Are you Chris Bosio? Do you know Chris Bosio intimately? Where you there?

    We're going off of what Bosio said he did, and second hand reports of what others say Bosio did. Ascribing intent here is really impossible.

    Bosio said "monkey". The Detroit Tigers thought it was serious enough that they immediately canned the guy. No one has come out to support Chris Bosio. If anything, that says volumes.
    We're From Philadelphia


    We. Fight.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    13,168
    You honestly think him calling a black guy monkey was not intended to be racist? Lmao

    And ******** nobody is defending him because they’re scared of the backlash. He clearly said a dumb racist comment. Doesn’t matter if he has a history of racism or not (although he apparently does have a history of saying somd stupid comments)

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    52,238
    Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    You honestly think him calling a black guy monkey was not intended to be racist? Lmao

    And ******** nobody is defending him because they’re scared of the backlash. He clearly said a dumb racist comment. Doesn’t matter if he has a history of racism or not (although he apparently does have a history of saying somd stupid comments)
    Hopefully that first sentence wasn't for me. I am certainly not suggesting that. If anything, I am far more inclined to believe that what he said definitively had racist undertones considering no one has supported Bosio's theory and he was fired as fast as the Tigers could. I can't say for sure what he meant, because I'm neither Bosio, do not know Chris Bosio nor was I there, but if I was a betting man, my money is going on "he meant what he said".
    We're From Philadelphia


    We. Fight.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    92,487
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    You're going down a deep rabbit hole here, and it all starts with suggesting you know what his intent was. What is "likely" and what he "meant" is almost impossible for anyone here to say. Are you Chris Bosio? Do you know Chris Bosio intimately? Where you there?

    We're going off of what Bosio said he did, and second hand reports of what others say Bosio did. Ascribing intent here is really impossible.

    Bosio said "monkey". The Detroit Tigers thought it was serious enough that they immediately canned the guy. No one has come out to support Chris Bosio. If anything, that says volumes.
    um is that not what every single other person in america has done since it happened? The difference is I am actually giving the guy the benefit of the doubt and not just labeling him a racist or labeling what he said as racist... Once others stop looking for racism around every corner we will all be much better off. Its not right for me to insinuate his intent but others can assume it till their blue in the face??


    Again for the 9th time nobody has come up to support him BECAUSE ONCE THE RACISM CARD IS PLAYED ITS THE TITANIC. Nobody has the balls to back a guy... This dudes wife probably told him she is gonna just stay out of it and let the cards fall how they may because any and everyone that tries to back him will be called/known/or looked upon as a racist in some way/shape or form.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    92,487
    Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    You honestly think him calling a black guy monkey was not intended to be racist? Lmao

    And ******** nobody is defending him because they’re scared of the backlash. He clearly said a dumb racist comment. Doesn’t matter if he has a history of racism or not (although he apparently does have a history of saying somd stupid comments)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gW_gHzDcBs


    This was racist too right? Na cant be... calling or saying someone is or looks like a monkey clearly means they are black.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •