Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mark1125 View Post
    In regards to Fulmer, if the Tigers can get the Yanks to kick up Frazier, Wade, and some sort of mid level prospect, I'd be on it like a pit bull on a poodle. I like Fulmer but I see his ceiling as a #3. Not the ace return AA is SUPPOSEDLY requesting.

I am hoping that the Yanks get shut out on the big fish of DeGrom, Thor, Martinez, and MadBum. They will probably turn to Fulmer at that point.

As for the Fiers, Liriano, etc types......take whatever you can get. it won't be much.
    Depends what your definition of ace is. Is it top of the rotation starter on a championship contender, top of a rotation guy on any team or one of the top 30 starters in the league.

I think he can be a top 30 guy but I never see him being in the upper echelon of the elite. On a big time contender, I see him as a #2 at best. Maybe a #3.

Well.....Fulmer is staying with another DL stint. Guess we will have to settle for someones #25 ranked prospect for Fiers and/or Liriano.

Well......at least Fiers is getting hot at the right time vs. the right team. Boston is reportedly interested and Fiers shut them down.

In looking at their farmand obviously crossing the top guys off the list, one guy that intrigues me is Bobby Dalbec. Immense power potential. Long term, I think a switch to 1B would be the best bet. He is their #12 rated guy in a mediocre system so he isn't a sure thing. Maybe as a "throw in" maybe a kid like Antoni Flores who is a ways away yet.

Fiers did his part. Now lets hope Avila does his.

Well.....Fulmer is staying with another DL stint. Guess we will have to settle for someones #25 ranked prospect for Fiers and/or Liriano.
    I remember getting laughed at in March for worrying about Fulmerís health issues and suggesting it might be smart to deal him ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    I remember getting laughed at in March for worrying about Fulmerís health issues and suggesting it might be smart to deal him ASAP.
    Sure wasn't me laughing. I was all for moving him for a decent package last year and even more so this yr.

Sure wasn't me laughing. I was all for moving him for a decent package last year and even more so this yr.
    Same here. I have friends who arenít even Tigers fans saying they would hold on to him. I was like wtf for?

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Same here. I have friends who arenít even Tigers fans saying they would hold on to him. I was like wtf for?
    false, it was whool against the world, always has been, always will be

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    The Tigers do not have one player on the major league roster that should be off limits.

At the end of the deadline, at least 3 of these guys (ideally more) need to have new homes:

Fiers
    Martin
    Liriano
    Greene
    Iglesias
    Catsallanos
    Boyd
    McCann

Fiers I would say is almost assuredly gone. Multiple teams interested. His value unlikely to get better than it is. Of course he will probably be held and get mauled by Cleveland. LOL

Martins injury may keep him here. I won't be too disappointed if he is still here.

Liriano....ugh. What a difference a month or so make. Was looking to be a nice chip. Now.....not sure anyone would take him. Hot garbage. Take ANYTHING.

Shane Greene. I sure hope someone is hard up for so-so pen arm. I'd love to see him gone and hand Jo-Jo the closer role.

Jose Iglesias. He has been a nice player this yr but it is clear he is not part of our plans and will price himself out of the team next yr. Problem is who is looking for a slick SS?

Nick Castallanos. Supposedly have a couple teams interested. Problem is, I doubt anyone will offer too much for him because of D. I'd LOVE to sell him for a nice return but I see a similar (or less) package than we got for JD which is frankly not acceptable IMO. Now if we get lets say 1-2 of Atlantas top 10 specs for example.....I'm in. Just don't see it.

Matt Boyd.....Oh I wish they were able to move him when he was on a roll. Personally, I am not a fan at all and see a so-so #5. At this point, I guess you may as well hang on to him.

James McCann. LOVE James McCann the guy. Great guy and good community and team player. unfortunately I think we have seen the best of James. With some of the catching coming up, I think Grenier and a vet are more than capable of providing McCann like output. Unfortunately, I don't see anyone rushing to scout big James.

If I were to play the guessing game, I see Fiers and Iglesias as most likely. Liriano and greene a little less likely. Martin, Boyd, NC, McCann are probably staying put.

Avilaís gonna **** it up

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    false, it was whool against the world, always has been, always will be
    I was definitely not alone on this one.

The Tigers do not have one player on the major league roster that should be off limits.

At the end of the deadline, at least 3 of these guys (ideally more) need to have new homes:

Fiers
    Martin
    Liriano
    Greene
    Iglesias
    Catsallanos
    Boyd
    McCann

Fiers I would say is almost assuredly gone. Multiple teams interested. His value unlikely to get better than it is. Of course he will probably be held and get mauled by Cleveland. LOL

Martins injury may keep him here. I won't be too disappointed if he is still here.

Liriano....ugh. What a difference a month or so make. Was looking to be a nice chip. Now.....not sure anyone would take him. Hot garbage. Take ANYTHING.

Shane Greene. I sure hope someone is hard up for so-so pen arm. I'd love to see him gone and hand Jo-Jo the closer role.

Jose Iglesias. He has been a nice player this yr but it is clear he is not part of our plans and will price himself out of the team next yr. Problem is who is looking for a slick SS?

Nick Castallanos. Supposedly have a couple teams interested. Problem is, I doubt anyone will offer too much for him because of D. I'd LOVE to sell him for a nice return but I see a similar (or less) package than we got for JD which is frankly not acceptable IMO. Now if we get lets say 1-2 of Atlantas top 10 specs for example.....I'm in. Just don't see it.

Matt Boyd.....Oh I wish they were able to move him when he was on a roll. Personally, I am not a fan at all and see a so-so #5. At this point, I guess you may as well hang on to him.

James McCann. LOVE James McCann the guy. Great guy and good community and team player. unfortunately I think we have seen the best of James. With some of the catching coming up, I think Grenier and a vet are more than capable of providing McCann like output. Unfortunately, I don't see anyone rushing to scout big James.

If I were to play the guessing game, I see Fiers and Iglesias as most likely. Liriano and greene a little less likely. Martin, Boyd, NC, McCann are probably staying put.
    Pretty much agree with all of this

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    I was definitely not alone on this one.
    Definitely not.

Well Avila dillied around again too long and has now lost the Red Sox as an option for Fiers. They just traded for Nathan Eovaldi. They got a pretty decent prospect in Jalen Beeks, a 24 year old LH pitcher who made his MLB debut this year. Would have been a nice pick up for the Tigers. AA probably asked for much more.

Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    Well Avila dillied around again too long and has now lost the Red Sox as an option for Fiers. They just traded for Nathan Eovaldi. They got a pretty decent prospect in Jalen Beeks, a 24 year old LH pitcher who made his MLB debut this year. Would have been a nice pick up for the Tigers. AA probably asked for much more.
    Yep. Boston was a prime spot for Fiers. AA probably did ask for too much. Eovaldi is not good either. He throws strikes but also serves up taters at a high clip. Ugh.....if the Tigers end up sitting on Fiers when they signed him for the sole purpose of flipping him, I will be irate. Outside of the A's and possibly the Cubs, I haven't heard of anyone else interested. I would have been thrilled to get Dalbec for Fiers (who was a lower rated prospect than Beeks). I mean, I know we don't know what goes on behind closed doors but from the outside looking in, we just see that AA lost an option.

With each passing moment I don't see a legit Tiger rumor, I get nervous that we have a very quiet or non-existent trade deadline.

Avila is in over his head.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast