Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Looking like Boyd and Liriano want to stay with their recent performances. With Leonys and Greene out, their value could be very limited. Their "hot" stretches are likely done for the year (I am DEFINATELY not a fan of Boyd so was hoping they'd score something of value while he was on a roll).

Fiers looking like the main guy who will be moved for much. Iglesias possibly but not seeing many teams with a need there.

Hope for injuries !

Fullmer looks like crap. Liriano leaves with back tightness. Gonna be a slow/shitt trade deadline.

So it looks like our optimistic trade deadline deals which would have brought some good prospects and sped up the rebuilding process are now pretty much in the crapper. There are only a handful of actual trade pieces now and those wonít bring but low level prospects back. Very disheartening. It actually looks like we should have made trades about a month into the season to get any good returns. Most of the team was actually performing well at that time. Now it looks like all our trade pieces have gone to hell in a handbasket. Hereís a look at the trade pieces and how they look now:

Fulmer- well, seems like every time Avila mentions heís open to trading players they start to fall on their face. Yankees were very interested (so were Dodgers) then he threw out his worst outing of the year before scouts from those teams. His year has been awful any way so the return on him would have been greatly reduced. My prediction here is he isnít moved.

Boyd- wow, talk about crapping down your own leg. As soon as the Mariners mentioned they would be interested heís given up 5-8 runs per game. Avila needs to react quicker when guys like this (middle to back end starters) are wanted by other teams. Boyd isnít going anywhere, because really, whoíd want him?

Shane Greene- well, hereís another guy we were counting on getting us some nice trade pieces who has just not performed this year. He may get traded but he certainly wonít be brining anything of value back at all. Really the biggest disappointment for me.

Lariano- Exhibit A of a month in would have been gold for us. Now, battered and ineffective, he just wonít bring crap back. Heíll be a release later on and some team will pick him up for a fill in before the playoffs. I donít see any team giving up anything for him.

Nick C- Having a good year but really anyone can put up the numbers he does and the guy isnít all that nimble anywhere in the field. I donít see anyone giving up nearly what the Tigers will expect for him. Quite frankly, heís worth more to the Tigers than any team out there. Heíll stay and weíll have to decide to extend or let walk.

Vmart- I never thought he should have played this year and never thought we would get anything for him so not a huge disappointment here. If any team shows interest, you take what they offer.

L Martin- If this guy could have stayed healthy he could have brought a decent prospect back. Great defense, was hitting, and good team guy. I was sorry to see him go to the DL again.

McCann- Didnít really want him involved in trade talks but could have brought some good prospects back if he could put up a .250 batting average with his defense and power. Now, you wonít get crap for him. Strikes out way too much and doesnít stay consistent with his average.

Iggy- Probably one of our best assets right now since heís hitting and continues to play stellar defense. The big problem here is no contending team really needs a SS right now. If a SS on a contender gets hurt look for a trade of Iggy.

Hardy- Might be able to squeeze out a prospect here in a trade. Showed he can start or be in the pen. Best of all, heís a lefty and trade deadlines love lefties.

Fiers- Man, couldnít ask for a much better year out of this guy but is he really a need for a contender? Even if we find a taker, how much would they give us in return? Not much.

Hicks- I could see a contender throwing us a young prospect for Hicks. He is solid defensively and can play multiple positions. Thatís valuable at the end of the season to rest guys before the playoffs. Might be a surprise trade with surprise return.

Avila waits too long to do anything. That's his MO. He should have been fired with Ausmus.

You know it's easy to say that Avila should have made trades much earlier, but other teams are just as hesitant to make moves that early into the season as well. Especially teams who already believe their current team is great. You have to wait for injuries to other clubs or players to not work out before you start seeing huge trades.
    That being said we still have a couple players who could bring in some pretty nice talent. I still think Fulmer could be moved and I still think he could bring in a nice haul. He offers a lot and just because he's going through a rough stretch doesnt mean his value has completely disappeared, if at all. With all the talk and rumors all season long of getting traded probably gets in your head a little bit. I still think the best example is when the White Sox traded Quintana for a huge package of excellent prospects. He had a 4.39 ERA at the time and was not pitching very well. Fans tend to panic more than actual GMs of MLB teams. I think after the deadline passes, were going to have some pretty significant changes to our team. I believe Liriano, Fiers, and Iglesias are guaranteed to be traded. Maybe not for much but they will be gone. Fulmer, Greene, and Castellanos would be shopped the heaviest but they wont be moved unless were getting a good-great return or its not worth moving them. McCann, Martin, and Boyd are the wild cards to get moved. I think they are starting to see McCann as expendable at this point. We have a couple guys who Im sure they would like to get a look at over the remainder of the season and beyond. Jake Rogers, Greiner, and maybe Hicks if they find a first baseman via trade. I think theyd rather trade Boyd over Fulmer but they realize the package for Fulmer would be much greater than that of Boyd.
    Either way, I'm excited for the deadline to see what moves we make, what players we bring in, and what prospects we could potentially see get called up. My biggest wonder is if Liriano, Fiers, and either Boyd or Fulmer get traded, who takes over those spots in the rotation? Im assuming Hardy takes a spot but after that Im not sure who. I dont see any top Pitching prospects get a shot this year.

Jiminez could be traded for a decent haul but would be dumb to trade him right now.

Fulmer is still a valuable piece to be moved, but Avila would get better value after the season.

Quote Originally Posted by drewstantontime View Post
    You know it's easy to say that Avila should have made trades much earlier, but other teams are just as hesitant to make moves that early into the season as well. Especially teams who already believe their current team is great. You have to wait for injuries to other clubs or players to not work out before you start seeing huge trades.
    That being said we still have a couple players who could bring in some pretty nice talent. I still think Fulmer could be moved and I still think he could bring in a nice haul. He offers a lot and just because he's going through a rough stretch doesnt mean his value has completely disappeared, if at all. With all the talk and rumors all season long of getting traded probably gets in your head a little bit. I still think the best example is when the White Sox traded Quintana for a huge package of excellent prospects. He had a 4.39 ERA at the time and was not pitching very well. Fans tend to panic more than actual GMs of MLB teams. I think after the deadline passes, were going to have some pretty significant changes to our team. I believe Liriano, Fiers, and Iglesias are guaranteed to be traded. Maybe not for much but they will be gone. Fulmer, Greene, and Castellanos would be shopped the heaviest but they wont be moved unless were getting a good-great return or its not worth moving them. McCann, Martin, and Boyd are the wild cards to get moved. I think they are starting to see McCann as expendable at this point. We have a couple guys who Im sure they would like to get a look at over the remainder of the season and beyond. Jake Rogers, Greiner, and maybe Hicks if they find a first baseman via trade. I think theyd rather trade Boyd over Fulmer but they realize the package for Fulmer would be much greater than that of Boyd.
    Either way, I'm excited for the deadline to see what moves we make, what players we bring in, and what prospects we could potentially see get called up. My biggest wonder is if Liriano, Fiers, and either Boyd or Fulmer get traded, who takes over those spots in the rotation? Im assuming Hardy takes a spot but after that Im not sure who. I dont see any top Pitching prospects get a shot this year.
    It's easy because its true. He's the reason why Victor & Miggy are still sucking the life out of our payroll. He had a chance to move them a couple years ago when they still had value, but he didn't. He had a chance to move Liriano, Boyd, Fulmer & Greene when they had value too. But he didn't. He had a chance to fire Ausmus, like 40 years before he did, even the everyone on the planet knew he wasn't the right guy for the job. He's made the obvious moves & wavered on anything else.

When rebuilding, you need a GM who's creative, bold and willing to do the unpopular thing, in order to better the club's future.

Avila is the exact opposite.

Really Wojo? Why don't you get your own ideas. Dude steals my post topic about trade values going down. To think I use to like the dude on Stoney and Wojo back in the day. LOL

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ier/792020002/

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    It's easy because its true. He's the reason why Victor & Miggy are still sucking the life out of our payroll. He had a chance to move them a couple years ago when they still had value, but he didn't. He had a chance to move Liriano, Boyd, Fulmer & Greene when they had value too. But he didn't. He had a chance to fire Ausmus, like 40 years before he did, even the everyone on the planet knew he wasn't the right guy for the job. He's made the obvious moves & wavered on anything else.

When rebuilding, you need a GM who's creative, bold and willing to do the unpopular thing, in order to better the club's future.

Avila is the exact opposite.
    Whooly buddy, I hate to jump in here but Miggy and Vmart were DD issue not AA. While I'm not a big AA fan, I can't lay those horrible deals on him. Also, I don't think he could have dealt as early as he needed to on guys like Martin, Lariano, and others. Geez, I can't believe I'm defending the guy but I just don't see who would have traded with us that early.

I'm going to predict it's an uneventful trade deadline for us. We just don't have the pieces teams want and Fulmer won't bring full value right now. Just my opinion.

Remember, Mr. Perfect Dombrowski traded Suarez for Big Pasta. Somehow his crappy trades are always overlooked. The guy needs a billion dollar payroll to do the things heís supposedly so great at. Overrated as f.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Remember, Mr. Perfect Dombrowski traded Suarez for Big Pasta. Somehow his crappy trades are always overlooked. The guy needs a billion dollar payroll to do the things heís supposedly so great at. Overrated as f.
    Wow.....totally forgot about that gem of a trade. Thing is, by the time you see how crappy a deal can be, the GM has moved on down the line to the next bigthing .

In regards to Fulmer, if the Tigers can get the Yanks to kick up Frazier, Wade, and some sort of mid level prospect, I'd be on it like a pit bull on a poodle. I like Fulmer but I see his ceiling as a #3. Not the ace return AA is SUPPOSEDLY requesting.

I am hoping that the Yanks get shut out on the big fish of DeGrom, Thor, Martinez, and MadBum. They will probably turn to Fulmer at that point.

As for the Fiers, Liriano, etc types......take whatever you can get. it won't be much.

yeah I'm counting on a pretty quiet deadline, maybe Fiers for someone's 50th best prospect, which I wouldn't even complain about

Could Avila trade himself for someoneís 200th best prospectís socks?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast