Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Kershaw is a great great pitcher love watching the guy but johnson was on another level pitching till his mid 40s and doing it in the steroid era.

I would compare Sale with Johnson more so than Kershaw. Karshaw has accomplished more than both through their age 29-30 season with 3 Cy Young Awards. Sale and Johnson have comparable numbers and pitching styles. I don't know if anyone will be as good as Johnson was late in his career though. He was just unbelievable in his late 30s early 40s.

He was having an argument about Kershaw and Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    He was having an argument about Kershaw and Johnson.
    Bookmarked for future reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Kershaw isn't really the same pitcher he was last year, and that's really unfortunate. Most of the aces from 2012 have fallen, like Felix, Hamels, Greinke and Cueto, so Kershaw breaking out from a period with lots of aces was remarkable. But now there are more elite pitchers who can rival Kershaw, like Scherzer, Sale, Kluber, deGrom, and now it looks like Severino (if he can stay this consistent). Back when Randy was pitching, it was probably Clemens and Martinez who stood with Randy, but that's different. Those three were all destined for the Hall of Fame while facing some fierce hitters.

That said, Kershaw is arguably the best pitcher of the 2010s, but Randy would out duel him 9 times out of 10.

Cueto was as good as ever this year prior to the DL stint. I sure wouldn't count him out as a top pitcher just yet.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Cueto was as good as ever this year prior to the DL stint. I sure wouldn't count him out as a top pitcher just yet.
    He's a good pitcher, yes, but I don't think many people would continue calling him an ace. And you're probably thinking of 2016, since last year he had an ERA over 4.50, but 2016 he had 18 wins and nearly 200 strikeouts.

No, I'm not talking 2016 at all. I'm talking about his dominant start to the current season, 2018.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Oh! I completely misread that lol. I thought that said THE year prior, not THIS year prior. User error lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123