Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Report: Kings interested in Jabari Parker & Mario Hezonja

Jabari Parker

Milwaukee Bucks
    2017-18 Stats (per game): 12.6 points, 4.9 rebounds, 1.9 assists, .8 steals, .3 blocks, 24 min
    Contract Status: RFA, $4.3 million qualifying offer, $20.3 million cap hold

Packed with talent, the biggest question regarding Parker is whether he can stay healthy. After tearing the ACL in his left knee in both 2014 and 2017, teams will want to see Parker’s medicals. Taken with the second overall selection in the 2014 NBA Draft, Parker possesses elite scoring potential and at 23-year-old, he fits the Kings arc.

NBC Sports California has confirmed that Sacramento is interested in Parker, but the money has to be right. It will be a balancing act between trying to woo a player, paying enough so the Bucks don’t match and keeping the team’s salary flexibility long-term.

The Bucks added scorers last season and they might be ready for life after Parker. The injuries setbacks have taken him from cornerstone to question mark, but they’ll likely match up to a certain dollar amount.

Projected Contract: Three years, $36-42 million with a team option for year three
    https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/ki...agency#slide-2

Mario Hezonja

Orlando Magic
    2017-18 Stats (per game): 9.6 points, 3.7 rebounds, 1.4 assists, .5 steals, .2 blocks, 22.1 min
    Contract Status: UFA, $5.2 million cap hold

After playing sparingly in his first two seasons, Hezonja put up solid numbers in year three for the Magic. He has good size and athleticism for the three. He improved his 3-point shooting this season, but his numbers came on a bad Orlando team and it’s difficult to know if they translate.

NBC Sports California has confirmed that Sacramento is interested in Hezonja if the money is right. He’s an unrestricted free agent, which will help keep his value lower. He’s also only 23 years old and has ties to Peja Stojakovic.

The Magic made their intentions clear with Hezonja. They’re moving in a new direction and he is free to roam about the hoops world.

Projected Contract: Two years, $10-12 million
    https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/ki...agency#slide-3

Click the links to view the rest of the players, but these are the only 2 that the Kings have confirmed interest in.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

I think a 4 year 52m is where I would be comfortable with him for Parker and Mario I would be a 3 year 27-33 million

Hopefully we can add 2 players in FA and trade someone like WCS for a future first.

I'm not too high on Parker. I know he'd be an upgrade on the wing; however, his defense bothers me. He doesn't look like a SF on defense. He looks like a PF trying to guard out on the perimeter. I know it was his first season back from ACL surgery, but the guy cannot mover laterally. If you can't slide defensively how the hell are you supposed to stay in front of anyone?

It might be smarter to test the trade market instead of settling for a one dimensional wing. Maybe try and get Stanley Johnson, Jae Crowder, Justice Winslow, or Mo Harkless, etc. It's definitely not a big off-season splash, but these are some guys who can help on the perimeter. Hell, I'd be good with signing Parker and making a trade for one of these guys as well given the fact that the four that I mentioned aren't necessarily starters.

I'd propose to Detroit: Cauley-Stein and 2nd rounder for Stanley Johnson and Henry Ellenson.
    Last edited by iMac; 06-27-2018 at 01:15 AM.

I'd be okay with either of those projected contracts.

I think we are going to end up with Hood on a 2 year deal for 14 million. I hope to see Super Mario on a 3 to 4 year deal for 7 per year. 4 - 28 million would be great, but we are the Kings and we are not good so we will have to pay more than that. 3 - 25. Not a great contract. I really hope for the first 4 for 28. That would make me feel really good about our free agent period. We only really need one player.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
    I think a 4 year 52m is where I would be comfortable with him for Parker and Mario I would be a 3 year 27-33 million
    That's a lot for Mario... i wouldn't feel confident that he could live up to that contract, and there is absolutely no way to out preform that contract.

I like the idea of Parker more than i would.like him to sign with us. Unless we are under 8 a year, i wouldn't pull the trigger.

Any thoughts on Otto Porter? Yeah his contract is gross, but he would still fit this roster pretty well. He'd be the 3 and D guy this team has needed on the wing. Wizards may be interested in WCS (in my opinion) due to their recent Gortat trade.

I'd take Porter for Willie + Justin Jackson + whatever else it would take to make the trade financially doable.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Any thoughts on Otto Porter? Yeah his contract is gross, but he would still fit this roster pretty well. He'd be the 3 and D guy this team has needed on the wing. Wizards may be interested in WCS (in my opinion) due to their recent Gortat trade.

I'd take Porter for Willie + Justin Jackson + whatever else it would take to make the trade financially doable.
    I'd be okay with that trade. I'd rather keep Jackson and throw in an expiring contract and a pick. Most likely not enough to get it done. Oubre wouldnt be a bad second option.

There's definitely some good players to trade for. I think some teams drafted players that kind of created logjams too, so some research could net a good trade partner.

As for Jabari, I see him more at PF than SF. I know he's a little bit of a tweeter, but this is positionless basketball, right? You gotta add talent, and his ceiling is high.

I think we could be favorites for Mario. He had close ties to Peja, so that helps.

I wouldn't mind McDermott either. Nice shooter to add for depth. There are plenty of options. Just hope we are active.

I have a trade proposal that i think would work.

To Wizards:
    8.7m kosta Kuofos
    11m iman Shumpert
    2.5m justin jackson
    1.8m skal Labissiere
    8m And Temple if he opts in (if not than we have 8 million more to exorb those contracts with out sending more players.

From Wizards:
    Porter 26
    Ian Mahinmi 16
    2022 first round pick top 10 protected
    2019 2nd round pick unprotected

Or
    Sign and trade Cousins for Porter because now they are in need of a Center.

Which is where i started thinking about the trade before.

From Kings:
    17.5m S&T Cousins
    1.5m Skal Labissiere
    2.8m Justin Jackson
    2 2nd round picks (Portland)

From Wizards:
    26m Porter

Quote Originally Posted by sneak View Post
    Or
    Sign and trade Cousins for Porter because now they are in need of a Center.

Which is where i started thinking about the trade before.

From Kings:
    17.5m S&T Cousins
    1.5m Skal Labissiere
    2.8m Justin Jackson
    2 2nd round picks (Portland)

From Wizards:
    26m Porter
    Don't think you can sign & trade free agents unless they're restricted. I'm not a CBA expert though so I may be wrong.

Don't think you can sign & trade free agents unless they're restricted. I'm not a CBA expert though so I may be wrong.
    Correct. Let's just sign Cousins... and leave it at that.

Opss my bad.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast