Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 108 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    With his speed and agility he can easily play the 3 in the NBA. Not many 3s in the NBA who’d be able to overpower or blow by him.
    I’m not so sure he could “easily” play the 3. He’s 285 lbs and doesn’t have the quickness of say LeBron who is a similar size, albeit smaller. Wouldn’t be shocked if he had an easier time at the 5 than the 3, TBH. Doesn’t shoot the 3 very well at this time either which you want your wings to be able to space the floor. I could picture him like a Draymond green on steroids playing the 5. Not as good of a passer or defender, but better rebounder and scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I’m not so sure he could “easily” play the 3. He’s 285 lbs and doesn’t have the quickness of say LeBron who is a similar size, albeit smaller. Wouldn’t be shocked if he had an easier time at the 5 than the 3, TBH. Doesn’t shoot the 3 very well at this time either which you want your wings to be able to space the floor. I could picture him like a Draymond green on steroids playing the 5. Not as good of a passer or defender, but better rebounder and scorer.
    You made him sound below average. For all the hype he’s been getting. If he turns out anything like you’re describing he’ll be considered a bust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    You made him sound below average. For all the hype he’s been getting. If he turns out anything like you’re describing he’ll be considered a bust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I made him sound below average because I’m unsure if he could play the 3?

Lebron didn't shoot the 3 well when he was drafted either, lol. Scored off his athleticism almost exclusively. Think it's harder for pro athletes to gain weight than it is to lose it, and if he's this athletic at 285, how would he be at 265? May not destroy the league when he's drafted, but with work, could be a top 10 NBA player in just a few years. Drafting freshmen, you should kind of expect them to need work.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Lebron didn't shoot the 3 well when he was drafted either, lol. Scored off his athleticism almost exclusively. Think it's harder for pro athletes to gain weight than it is to lose it, and if he's this athletic at 285, how would he be at 265? May not destroy the league when he's drafted, but with work, could be a top 10 NBA player in just a few years. Drafting freshmen, you should kind of expect them to need work.
    Not sure he could lose 20 pounds. Maybe closer to 12-16

Dont know if anyone is watching the Illinois Georgetown game but Ayo Dosunmu will be a name to watch this year. Could skyrocket up draft boards if he has the season hes capable of having.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm feeling semi confident that we land high in this draft.

I'm seeing the Suns, Wolves, Mavs, Cavs, Hawks, Knicks, Nets, Magic as our main competition.

The Wiz, Heat, Pistons, Hornets will be fighting it out in the East for those last playoff spots so I'm not worried about them barring big trades to tank. Highly unlikely.

Of the bottom 9 teams this is how I see them grouped:

Suns, Cavs, Hawks, Knicks, Nets, Bulls, Magic as the most likely for the bottom 3. I think the Mavs and Wolves have too much talent to get below the rest.

Of those bottom 7 teams, I think the Cavs are going to be the worst hands down, with the Bulls/Suns/Hawks/Knicks/Nets all being pretty even in terms of bad. The Magic are playing decent ball now so we will see how that holds up in the long term. If we end up with a bottom 6 record, the odds for 1st are pretty close:

1st to 3rd worst records are all 14% odds. Those 3 spots are the gold positions. 4th 12.5%, 5th 10.5%, and 6th 9% should all be in play for us.

I think the Bulls are intentionally being overly cautious with all of our injuries. As long as Lauri and Dunn are out, we aren't going to be better than 4th worst. We need to keep digging that hole. Landing 1-3 in the draft guarantees us Reddish, Zion, Barrett who all fit in perfectly here.

Cavs are horrible, Magic really suck, and Suns suck AND are in the West. Knicks don't have enough real NBA players, our team now with all these injuries is still better than them without Porzingas.

Will be extremely hard to be worse than those teams, cause at SOME point they have to bring our guys back. Add in the flattening of the lottery odds, and it's going to be crazy difficult to get a top 3 pick, will need luck either way.

Also think the Bulls are being overly cautious, just don't think it's enough. However it's still a long way to the draft. Odds are the top 5 projected players now wont be the top 5 this summer. There will be phenoms, overseas and breakout players pushing into the top.

Will be incredibly costly to move up in this draft. Would love to move some of our expendable pieces for a late first as an additional trade piece. Houston is hunting players, and is definitely willing to give up firsts. People here are down on him, but believe Justin Holiday is worth a late first to a contender. Jabari for late first and expiring would be great too. But we really need to focus on adding a late pick, rather than tanking to top3.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 11-14-2018 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Cavs are horrible, Magic really suck, and Suns suck AND are in the West. Knicks don't have enough real NBA players, our team now with all these injuries is still better than them without Porzingas.

Will be extremely hard to be worse than those teams, cause at SOME point they have to bring our guys back. Add in the flattening of the lottery odds, and it's going to be crazy difficult to get a top 3 pick, will need luck either way.

Also think the Bulls are being overly cautious, just don't think it's enough. However it's still a long way to the draft. Odds are the top 5 projected players now wont be the top 5 this summer. There will be phenoms, overseas and breakout players pushing into the top.

Will be incredibly costly to move up in this draft. Would love to move some of our expendable pieces for a late first as an additional trade piece. Houston is hunting players, and is definitely willing to give up firsts. People here are down on him, but believe Justin Holiday is worth a late first to a contender. Jabari for late first and expiring would be great too. But we really need to focus on adding a late pick, rather than tanking to top3.
    The fact that the odds for the lottery changed actually helped us this year. Even if we don’t make it into the bottom 3, we won’t be far off in odds to get a top pick

Page 4 of 108 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast