Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 69 of 78 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1156
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Could be the bulls no doubt but do you hobestly think he would pass on working out for teams higher than us. Maybe being in chicago would be better for his chance of success but Phoenix or LA or even NY if he could wow seem like places ge might want to go. Cleveland is the only team i think u avoid in that range. Maybe also the pelicans if they trade with the Lakers.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Ding the bulls trading #7 for lonzo
    Honestly at this point I think
    Lonzo talent level on par with anyone we get at 7 unless someone falls. I mean guards traded from the Lakers seem to flourish elsewhere seeing Lou and D Lo. I think if we factor in players if they reach their full potential Lonzo beats out anyone we can get at 7. I perfectly understand his shooting woes but Iím hoping he keeps working on his jumper and foul shooting . Defensively heís good and his playmaking is really good. Think we can take a swing at his potential and if it doesnít work out weíll be in the draft again . All for certain now tanking isnít promised a top 3 pick anymore with the new odds . So at this point Iíll be cool with Zo .

I can def see a

Pelicans : Ingram , Dunn , 4 and 7

Lakers : AD

Bulls : Lonzo

Deal getting done , we all have the right to be cautious but unlike the past two drafts the talent at 7 his meh . Lauri And Wendell go top 4 in this draft easily.

White screams combo guard to me. Not all that interested.

One thing we have to remember when it comes to our rebuild...

Wendell Carter is 20
    Lauri Markannen is 22
    Zach Lavine is 24

Lavine hasn't even entered his prime yet. Lauri and Wendell are still babies. All 3 will undoubtedly get better. Throw a seasoned veteran PG in with an efficient 2 way 3 and D like Otto Porter and we are going to be a playoff team as soon as this year. Not to mention the depth we can add with our 7th pick.

How the Hell did Brandon Clarke block all those shots with a 6'8" wingspan? Is he that ridiculously athletic lol.

Honestly at this point I think
    Lonzo talent level on par with anyone we get at 7 unless someone falls. I mean guards traded from the Lakers seem to flourish elsewhere seeing Lou and D Lo. I think if we factor in players if they reach their full potential Lonzo beats out anyone we can get at 7. I perfectly understand his shooting woes but Iím hoping he keeps working on his jumper and foul shooting . Defensively heís good and his playmaking is really good. Think we can take a swing at his potential and if it doesnít work out weíll be in the draft again . All for certain now tanking isnít promised a top 3 pick anymore with the new odds . So at this point Iíll be cool with Zo .

I can def see a

Pelicans : Ingram , Dunn , 4 and 7

Lakers : AD

Bulls : Lonzo

Deal getting done , we all have the right to be cautious but unlike the past two drafts the talent at 7 his meh . Lauri And Wendell go top 4 in this draft easily.
    God would I hate that. And comparing Lonzo a guy who has never been able to shoot and has shown awful shooting mechanics to a guys who even when their value was low still showed signs of being guys who could at least threat shooting. It's just a real lazy comparision imo. You might as well just sign Beverly and let Lavine run the offense majority of the time that is better than a Ball/Lavine combo. Really the only thing Ball can do is play defense and pass so we should just bring Rondo back and save our pick if we want a non shooting pass PG.

2019 draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rndy View Post
    God would I hate that. And comparing Lonzo a guy who has never been able to shoot and has shown awful shooting mechanics to a guys who even when their value was low still showed signs of being guys who could at least threat shooting. It's just a real lazy comparision imo. You might as well just sign Beverly and let Lavine run the offense majority of the time that is better than a Ball/Lavine combo. Really the only thing Ball can do is play defense and pass so we should just bring Rondo back and save our pick if we want a non shooting pass PG.
    I didnít compare them as players , if you read it you see I said of late Lakers guards have flourished elsewhere . All three players play different styles in general . And I have no problem with choosing other options Iím just giving the point of view that the FO might . This is the 2nd time our team has been linked to Ball.
    Last edited by Stunner; 05-15-2019 at 05:22 PM.

**** I'd take Bev and Lavine over Ball and Lavine! I despise Ball. Not because of his family either. I just can't get behind a PG that shoots 40% from the stripe. I mean how is that even possible?

Idc what we do with the 7th honestly Iím ready for football

I didnít compare them as players , if you read it you see I said of late Lakers guards have flourished elsewhere . All three players play different styles in general . And I have no problem with choosing other options Iím just giving the point of view that the FO might . This is the 2nd time our team has been linked to Ball.
    I'm aware you didn't compare them as players. Sorry I didn't make that more clear thought about it soon as I posted it tbh. But the well Lakers already gave away two point guards that turned out better is what I was referring to as lazy comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    **** I'd take Bev and Lavine over Ball and Lavine! I despise Ball. Not because of his family either. I just can't get behind a PG that shoots 40% from the stripe. I mean how is that even possible?
    It will basically be a worse situation than Sixers backcourt dilemma in the play offs imo. While Ball will at least try to shoot wide open he's really bad and has horrendous mechanics. NBA is about shooting these days I'm not really interested in playing 4v5 at all times.

It will basically be a worse situation than Sixers backcourt dilemma in the play offs imo. While Ball will at least try to shoot wide open he's really bad and has horrendous mechanics. NBA is about shooting these days I'm not really interested in playing 4v5 at all times.
    Yeah I hope we aren't dumb enough to go after Lonzo ****ing Ball. We could do better signing Bev and Rose. Both at least know how to play in the playoffs. Rose brings the offense off the bench. Bev brings the defense and grit for the starting 5. We have what 23 million available? We draft the best Wing available at 7, and bring back Rolo. That would be a fun team to watch at least.

If we actually somehow keep our 2nd pick, I kind of hope we get Okeke or Grant Williams. We need that combo 3/4 in today's NBA.

Honestly give me either of Grant or Admiral Schofield with the 2nd pick as well. Any player that works this hard has a place on my team...https://twitter.com/TheAthleticCBB/s...65228041527296

Quote Originally Posted by kodo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFanInNYC
    I feel bad for the youth of Chicago. I got to experience the 6 championships as a kid. This team is screwed for at least 5 years, and probably longer, and hasn't done anything in the past 20 years.
    At the same time, it's a great time for the league. If you love basketball, there are lots of stars playing, and good games are very accessible on TV/internet. You just won't have it from your local market team. If I lived in Chicago, which I don't, I'd try to head north and get to some of Giannis' games.
    What do you mean they haven't done anything in 20 years? They won the most games in the nba twice. They had an MVP player in Derrick Rose to watch. They had other fun players like Noah, Deng, and Taj Gibson. They had good teams that played hard, and made a few good runs in the playoffs.
    This Bulls era has won more games than people give them credit for. I think Chicago fans are just spoiled by the Jordan era.
    I define the Paxson era starting in 2004 (when he hired Scott Skiles, firing the old remnants like Bill Cartwright) up to 2017 when we started our rebuild.

In that 13 year span Chicago has won more games and made more playoffs than either the Golden State Warriors or Cleveland Cavaliers, the last two title teams.

Total Games Won
    - Chicago 590
    - Golden State 577
    - Cleveland 572

Playoffs Made
    - Chicago 11 / 13
    - Golden State 6 / 13
    - Cleveland 8 / 13

Within that 13 year span, Chicago had the least amount of talent out of all 3 teams by a huge margin. Rose was our best talent and he was basically out of it early into his career. Organizationally, Chicago has seriously outperformed the actual talent on the teams in that period.

I believe Paxson is good at the try-hard rebuild, but I feel like we're just headed for 2004 again. We'll win games with a squad that overachieves. Lavine, Otto, Markkanen, and Wendell are all gym rats who I can see being 100% effort guys but not the most talented.

TBH, that's fine. Not all franchises win titles in every era. It's an identity of sorts.

Thought this was interesting

Page 69 of 78 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast