Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 93

Thread: 2019 Mock Draft

  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Mukwonago, WI
    Posts
    1,722
    Hard to say who the favorites will be because free agency will shake things up so much. If Kawhi stays with Toronto then obviously they would be favorites, though honestly I still think we beat them next year assuming neither roster has a major addition. Got to imagine Gasol opts in.

    Clear to me Golden State will be taking a major step back. KD won't be there and they won't have any cap flexibility. Just think they're too depleted off the bench to continue to be a dominant team. I see a major regression with them. Houston is meh and they sound like they're having major problems.

    Lakers/Nets/Clippers could all be surprise favorites depending on how free agency shakes out. If the Lakers land AD they would likely get at least one other big name and they have such a strong fan base I think Vegas would jump all over that.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11,324
    If GS gets healthy and can add a decent player via the mid level, which is definitely doable, then I wouldnt think they'd be awful. I still think they're as good as anyone in the league with steph, klay and dray all healthy and another decent player. They aren't run away favorites, but theyll be as good as anyone.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Mukwonago, WI
    Posts
    1,722
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    If GS gets healthy and can add a decent player via the mid level, which is definitely doable, then I wouldnt think they'd be awful. I still think they're as good as anyone in the league with steph, klay and dray all healthy and another decent player. They aren't run away favorites, but theyll be as good as anyone.
    Looking a little less likely now GS will be good. Gotta think that's the end of the Warriors for a while.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11,324
    Quote Originally Posted by twellner9 View Post
    Looking a little less likely now GS will be good. Gotta think that's the end of the Warriors for a while.
    They almost won last night even after klay got hurt. If klay is back by the playoffs next year, they'll be fine. And even if next year is a down recovery year, they'll be back the year after. They still have 3 guys who've made all nba teams still in their primes. They are as good as anyone still.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Mukwonago, WI
    Posts
    1,722
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    They almost won last night even after klay got hurt. If klay is back by the playoffs next year, they'll be fine. And even if next year is a down recovery year, they'll be back the year after. They still have 3 guys who've made all nba teams still in their primes. They are as good as anyone still.
    Meh. I just disagree. Last night if anything showed how disappointing the Bucks should be for losing to a Raptors team that wasn't that good. Raptors can barely score the basketball and were basically being carried by FVV down the stretch.

    Klay will be coming off a major injury. He's going to miss all next season an likely another season after that at subprime play. At that point Curry will be entering his age 34 season. Durant is gone and likely will never be the same. The bench is depleted. And outside of Curry/Klay they have no offense. Just don't see it.

    Also, told ya'll Vegas would favor the Lakers. Even with AD not sure how they're favored already but someone likes them. After that is a match between Bucks/Clippers at 6-1. Assuming Vegas is banking on Kawhi heading to LA. Warriors are down at 14-1.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,748
    Bucks simply didn't play good basketball when it mattered. Raptors didn't even play that well in G3 or G6. Bucks were shook after losing G3 and then getting curbstomped in G4. Kawhi outplayed Giannis when it mattered especially, role players outplayed Bucks, Bucks didn't grab boards at end of G5. No one could stop Kawhi unless they basically left others wide open on doubles as FVV and Lowry had uncontested 3s, role players bricked 3s and Middleton and Bledsoe weren't very good. Bucks should be disappointed but not like was just one thing. Raptors were better for those last 4 games by a decent margin.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11,324
    Quote Originally Posted by twellner9 View Post
    Meh. I just disagree. Last night if anything showed how disappointing the Bucks should be for losing to a Raptors team that wasn't that good. Raptors can barely score the basketball and were basically being carried by FVV down the stretch.

    Klay will be coming off a major injury. He's going to miss all next season an likely another season after that at subprime play. At that point Curry will be entering his age 34 season. Durant is gone and likely will never be the same. The bench is depleted. And outside of Curry/Klay they have no offense. Just don't see it.

    Also, told ya'll Vegas would favor the Lakers. Even with AD not sure how they're favored already but someone likes them. After that is a match between Bucks/Clippers at 6-1. Assuming Vegas is banking on Kawhi heading to LA. Warriors are down at 14-1.
    I mean, they beat us. I wouldnt say they aren't that good. They are a good team. We definitely should be disappointed for losing to them, but to say they weren't that good isn't really accurate either.

    Klay could be back in 9-10 months. If they qualify for the playoffs, they dangerous. And his defense may suffer a little, but the thing that makes him special is his shooting and that skill ages well. Same with steph. They'll need some more skill on that roster, as they showed this series their depth isn't great. But they can far guys to join them.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,748
    Looking at mocks and reading up quite a bit on the draft and draft prospects, I think the Bucks are going to go with a big. Just because I don't think there are a lot of PG options and big might be biggest need as I see Hill being back next year on cheap deal or that's the hope. I like the wing players or bigs much more than the PGs that are expected to bet there at 30.

    Samanic, Naz Reid are two names to watch. Windler from Belmont is an option because he can probably play right awayand Okpala from Stanford could have one of the highest upsides in the draft who could be available at 30. Okeke if there could be an option. Kabengele I think will be gone for sure. Samanic I think is probably the best blend of ready to play with highest upside. Edwards I think could go if there is a run on bigs.

    As we've said though, if a team is willing to take on Snell or Ersan deals, Bucks probably aren't getting a new player on draft night.
    Last edited by gopackgo87; 06-17-2019 at 03:21 PM.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Mukwonago, WI
    Posts
    1,722
    Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    As we've said though, if a team is willing to take on Snell or Ersan deals, Bucks probably aren't getting a new player on draft night.
    I think its very unlikely we actually pick someone. Brings me to a side rant about how often this team signs mediocre role players to big contracts just to be forced a year later to try and move them. I don't get it. Very difficult to win championships in the NBA when you're filling up your cap space with marginal role players when you could have a similar impact with players near league minimum (think Snell vs Pat and who had a bigger impact this season).

    I wouldn't read too much into mocks though, I still think point guard is the way to go unless Hill is really going to come back on a cheap contract. Unlike prob everyone else I don't mind bringing Gasol back for 1 year if we can get him at the vet min. As a backup he's fine and when healthy can still bring something to the court.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11,324
    I'm fine with gasol too. He won't play a ton every night, but there will be nights where we'll need some size and he can provide that while being a guy who can hit a 15 footer if needed. If he's on a deal close to the vet minimum, that's all you can ask for.

    I've always hated the snell deal. I hated the snell deal before we even signed it. Snell was always a fairly replaceable player who didn't have an obvious role when everyone was healthy. You can't pay that type of guy that type of money.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Mukwonago, WI
    Posts
    1,722
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I'm fine with gasol too. He won't play a ton every night, but there will be nights where we'll need some size and he can provide that while being a guy who can hit a 15 footer if needed. If he's on a deal close to the vet minimum, that's all you can ask for.

    I've always hated the snell deal. I hated the snell deal before we even signed it. Snell was always a fairly replaceable player who didn't have an obvious role when everyone was healthy. You can't pay that type of guy that type of money.
    Hated the Snell deal. Hated the Delly deal. Hated the Henson deal. Hated the Sanders deal. I could go on but you get the point. Bucks have a notorious history of paying top dollar for marginal role players. I'm sure I'll hate the Middleton deal and in 2 years we'll be desperately trying to dump him too.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11,324
    Every team has bad deals to be fair. We've also done some good ones recently. Lopez and pat C were steals last year. The middleton deal everyone threw a fit about when he signed ended up being great. I hated the timing of the Bledsoe deal, but it's actually structured pretty well.

    And I'm not concerned about the middleton deal a whole lot. Well only be paying him through his age 31 or 32 season. And he's never been overly reliant on athleticism, so he shouldn't hit a major age related drop-off. As long as he's healthy, his deal will always be at worst semi movable. And with the cap projecting a decent bump next summer with who knows what types of bumps in the future, I'm not concerned about how movable that deal will be.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,066

  14. #74
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Mukwonago, WI
    Posts
    1,722
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Every team has bad deals to be fair. We've also done some good ones recently. Lopez and pat C were steals last year. The middleton deal everyone threw a fit about when he signed ended up being great. I hated the timing of the Bledsoe deal, but it's actually structured pretty well.

    And I'm not concerned about the middleton deal a whole lot. Well only be paying him through his age 31 or 32 season. And he's never been overly reliant on athleticism, so he shouldn't hit a major age related drop-off. As long as he's healthy, his deal will always be at worst semi movable. And with the cap projecting a decent bump next summer with who knows what types of bumps in the future, I'm not concerned about how movable that deal will be.
    The new Middleton deal likely won't be that bad. I just want it structured in a way that we can move him if we find we're not good enough. Last thing I want is to be locked into our roster and be a player or two away from really contending.

    I've been trying to argue for more deals like Pat C for a long time now. Fill our the roster with players that are cheap and can contribute. Conversely we overpaid for someone like Delly with zero upside when you know we could have had a better player at near league minimum. Teams make bad decisions for sure, especially when they have extra cap room. I can understand doing that if you're swinging on a high upside player. I don't understand paying more for players that will never be more than a role player. Even the Ersan deal I don't understand. Seems like we rushed to pay a player for no reason.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NW Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,696
    You guy's are all messed up on the Ersan deal. We are not trading pick 30 to move Ersan. If we're moving Ersan, we're probably acquiring a 2nd round pick. Ersan was worth every bit of $7 Mil last season and will be worth it to who ever he plays for this season as well. The only reason we're looking to trade Ersan is because of the cap situation and the fact that DJ Wilson took a major step forward that no one expected, which makes Ersan expendable. There should be several playoff teams interested in acquiring Ersan. Philly, Boston, Nets... The only playoff teams that shouldn't be interested in ersan are those that are approaching the tax line. If we could trade Tony Snell, we'd resign Ersan to the same deal all over again.

    Without Ersan we lose game 1 to the Raptors. Ersan was the biggest reason we won that game.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •