Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Shields hopefully will be next........Don't really care what they get for him...........

Avi...........IMO has figured some things out,so I am more inclined right now to sign him to a longer deal. I might be in the minority here, but i really like his at bats, he is very confident and they don't pound him inside with the fastball as much as they used too.......As Hawk would say "he's figured it out between the ears"........

10 years ago today I joined PSD. The White Sox were fighting for the playoffs, they made it - and I was very excited about the trade deadline. Working night shift at the time, I woke up to see that Ken Griffey Jr. was the big move of the day.
    Anyhow, I realize this is important to no one but me, but here we are. Hoping for a better second decade.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Fairly uneventful deadline for the Sox. Unfortunately the guys that really needed to have big first halves didnt for one reason or another. (Shields, Avi, Jones) Im a little surprised guys like Avilan and Cedeno werent traded, but that may be more of a reflection of the market and the abundance of relievers available. Luery Garcia seemed like a possibility also. Maybe the post July 31 market will see these guys traded.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yea I see some of the Sox players getting traded by 8/31.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Yea I see some of the Sox players getting traded by 8/31.
    Yes....I see just about the whole roster clearing waivers...Except for the few that they wont even place out there...

Really disappointed they didn't (couldn't) move Shields! I cant stand to watch him on the mound.

I've seen enough of him as well, I'm guessing we all have. Most likely he will go sometime this month in a waiver deal, the return will be minimal, like the Gonzo to Texas deal last year.
    Shields has provided innings and given mentorship to some of the young pitchers. It's time now for him to move along.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Id like them to get Kopech up to be around Shields for at least a little bit. I agree with you guys that hes definitely an August waiver trade piece.

The moves Hahn did make around the deadline I did like. Getting Medieros, Perez, Frare and Schryver for Soria and international money is pretty good.

They knew that lefties were in need in the system and went and got 3 of them. They got one starter (Medeiros) who could be a good relief prospect as well and two definite relievers (Frare and Schryver).

Its a big offseason coming up where the Sox have plenty of money to spend if they want.

These are going to be some REAL dog days of summer,unless they bring up Kopech and Jimenez!!!

Yeah. Eloy and Kopech need to be up now. Let them get 2 full months of experience at the big league level.

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Yeah. Eloy and Kopech need to be up now. Let them get 2 full months of experience at the big league level.
    If they are not up here in the next week..........I seriously think Hahn is playing the "service" card!!! That would be totally wrong, for him to do that, when its a perfect team and time to bring them up now,to your point Sager to get the" experience "now!!!

Besides everything else..........They are READY!!!

The service date I believe, is in May.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456