Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

2018 White Sox Deadline Talk/Rumors

Lets put all rumors and discussion for the deadline here.

Peter Gammons said on MLB Network a few days ago that the Astros are interested in Jose Abreu. Said the Sox know the Astros system well and are doing due dillegence.

Reportedly Kyle Tucker and Forrest Whitley are untouchable. I get that, not giving up a top 15 prospect in all of baseball for Abreu.

The Astros also need a RP. Iíd say the Sox should mention either Joakim Soria or Nate Jones in all discussions.

Iíd say Abreu/Soria for 1B/OF Yordan Alvarez (starts any talks), LHP Cionel Perez, a guy like SS Jonathan Arauz and RHP Josh James.

Thatís a top 100 prospect, another top 10 system prospect, top 20 system prospect and a 25 year old starter/reliever.

I prefer not to deal Abreu, but, anybody else is ok. A super haul for Abreu might sway me.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Yeah I'm with ya and I think that's how the White Sox feel. I just know that they'll at least listen.

I think that's a really good package for Abreu and Soria. Alvarez is a big time prospect that is only 20 and in AA. Plus he's a lefty power bat, which the Sox don't have a ton of.

Perez is a lefty starter which the Sox don't have a ton of either, that can move quickly and make a push for a rotation spot amongst so many talented prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Yeah I'm with ya and I think that's how the White Sox feel. I just know that they'll at least listen.

I think that's a really good package for Abreu and Soria. Alvarez is a big time prospect that is only 20 and in AA. Plus he's a lefty power bat, which the Sox don't have a ton of.

Perez is a lefty starter which the Sox don't have a ton of either, that can move quickly and make a push for a rotation spot amongst so many talented prospects.
    I get it about Abreu...I like him on and off the field. But you have to take emotion out of this,because when and if this team is ready to really compete he will on the back end of his career and probably being pushed for playing time by one of the youngsters.

Peter Gammons said on MLB Network a few days ago that the Astros are interested in Jose Abreu. Said the Sox know the Astros system well and are doing due dillegence.

Reportedly Kyle Tucker and Forrest Whitley are untouchable. I get that, not giving up a top 15 prospect in all of baseball for Abreu.

The Astros also need a RP. Iíd say the Sox should mention either Joakim Soria or Nate Jones in all discussions.

Iíd say Abreu/Soria for 1B/OF Yordan Alvarez (starts any talks), LHP Cionel Perez, a guy like SS Jonathan Arauz and RHP Josh James.

Thatís a top 100 prospect, another top 10 system prospect, top 20 system prospect and a 25 year old starter/reliever.
    Agree on Alvarez...........The other 3 not so much...

Perez is a young 22 year old SP with already 70 innings in AA. Made adjustments this year and is striking out over 11 guys per 9 innings. Has an ERA under 3. He's a lefty and the best lefty the Sox have in the minors is probably Bernardo Flores. Perez would be a really nice 2nd piece after Alvarez.

Joakim Soria is going to be a nice trade asset for the White Sox at this deadline.

I'd target the Braves in a trade for Soria. They could use some more bullpen help and a veteran like Soria would make a ton of sense. It's just about the prospect value Soria could bring. He does have a $10M team option for next year with a $1M buyout. So if traded around the trade deadline, he'd be owed at most $4.5M or so.

Miguel Tejada Jr

What's the deal on him?
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

I donít think they signed him? He hasnít signed yet.

I don't know much about him, understand he is highly rated and has been connected to the Sox.
    I know they can only offer $300K this year, just found it interesting that he would consider signing for that, if indeed it's really true.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

The way I feel today, i'd trade anybody for the right package......................

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Like the Bulls the White Sox have to suck it up for a little while longer. These endless losses are killing me, losing 100 games this year is probably going to happen but we have to ride it out a little longer.

Trade: Shields, Soria, Avi Garcia, Davidson, Covey for whatever they bring back.
    Hold on to the kids.
    Not sure about Abreu
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

From the 5 International's we signed I think 3 are from Cuba.....Are you hearing or know if Jose Abreu helped in the signings??

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast