Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 370
  1. #256
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,221
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    What does wedlock have to do with education? If you're pointing to 3rd world countries habits on birth, they have way higher teen pregnancy rates than us. Guess why? Oh yeah, they don't get much education on it.
    I guess you're OK with out of wedlock births. I can see that that happens given how many people are here. But it's a problem and certainly not something we should just easily accept. There was a time few people knew of anyone who had an out of wedlock child…even in "urban ghettos." Now I doubt if anyone doesn't know someone with an out of wedlock birth. Changing times I guess but not really changing for the better.

    Yu keep coming back to this education, education blah blah blah…well I'm all for it. A lot of education begins in the home. All these kids aren't waking up in empty apartments. Someone is there. They don't buy their own clothes, cook there own food. Someone is there. Someone explained how to eat soup with a spoon and not a fork. Someone taught them how to tie their shoes or which side of the shirt goes to the front. ottom line…someone is there.

    Re: third world countries. I guess we're moving towards Zimbabwe or Cameroon. Something to look forward to, I guess.

  2. #257
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I guess you're OK with out of wedlock births. I can see that that happens given how many people are here. But it's a problem and certainly not something we should just easily accept. There was a time few people knew of anyone who had an out of wedlock child…even in "urban ghettos." Now I doubt if anyone doesn't know someone with an out of wedlock birth. Changing times I guess but not really changing for the better.

    Yu keep coming back to this education, education blah blah blah…well I'm all for it. A lot of education begins in the home. All these kids aren't waking up in empty apartments. Someone is there. They don't buy their own clothes, cook there own food. Someone is there. Someone explained how to eat soup with a spoon and not a fork. Someone taught them how to tie their shoes or which side of the shirt goes to the front. ottom line…someone is there.

    Re: third world countries. I guess we're moving towards Zimbabwe or Cameroon. Something to look forward to, I guess.
    Hey, then we too could experience life in a shithole.

  3. #258
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Hey, then we too could experience life in a shithole.
    We're getting there.

  4. #259
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I guess you're OK with out of wedlock births. I can see that that happens given how many people are here. But it's a problem and certainly not something we should just easily accept. There was a time few people knew of anyone who had an out of wedlock child…even in "urban ghettos." Now I doubt if anyone doesn't know someone with an out of wedlock birth. Changing times I guess but not really changing for the better.

    Yu keep coming back to this education, education blah blah blah…well I'm all for it. A lot of education begins in the home. All these kids aren't waking up in empty apartments. Someone is there. They don't buy their own clothes, cook there own food. Someone is there. Someone explained how to eat soup with a spoon and not a fork. Someone taught them how to tie their shoes or which side of the shirt goes to the front. ottom line…someone is there.

    Re: third world countries. I guess we're moving towards Zimbabwe or Cameroon. Something to look forward to, I guess.
    while I absolutely agree 2 parent upbringings are better, being born in wedlock or having parents actually married/together isn't that huge of a deal. Put it this way-how many of us know couples who stay together because of the kids? I know couples who are toxic towards each other, but stay together because its easier financially, and because they have some odd belief that 2 ****ed up parents together are better than 2 happy people separated. Is it really?

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  5. #260
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    29,670
    here is another thing Trump has said that I disagree with.

    (more evidence that I'm not a blind Trump supporter valade16)


    http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...h-dakota-rally

    Trump stokes feud with Waters at North Dakota rally
    President Trump on Wednesday slammed Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) during a rally in North Dakota, furthering his feud with the California Democrat after she called for protests against Trump officials.

    Trump headlined an event in Fargo, N.D., to rally support for Rep. Kevin Cramer (R-N.D.), who is running against vulnerable incumbent Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.) in November. A few minutes into his remarks, Trump hit Heitkamp for supporting Democratic leadership.

    “When Heidi ran for office, she promised to be an independent vote for the people of North Dakota. Instead she immediate joined Chuck (Schumer) and Nancy (Pelosi),” Trump said.

    “And now they have a new leader. Who’s the leader?” Trump asked the crowd. “Maxine Waters is their new one.”

    Waters sparked controversy over the weekend when she encouraged supporters to confront Trump administration officials in public spaces.

    Her comments followed a week in which a restaurant owner refused to serve White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders and protesters confronted Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen and White House adviser Stephen Miller in separate instances while they dined at Mexican restaurants.

    Waters later defended her comments, saying she believes in peaceful protest and noting that Trump has made more explicit threats against his opponents.

    Democrats have largely distanced themselves from Waters's remarks, saying harassing political opponents is unacceptable.

    Trump and Republicans have seized on the comments, arguing that they show Democrats are hypocritical and intolerant.

    The president continued to stoke that sentiment Wednesday, saying at the rally that any vote for a Democrat in the November midterms serves as a vote for Waters, Pelosi and Schumer.

    “Maxine. She is a beauty,” Trump said. “I mean she practically was telling people the other day to assault -- can you imagine if I said the things she said?


    “Horrible what she said. Now they want to censure her,” he said, referencing a measure introduced by a Republican lawmaker.

    “Let’s see where that goes, folks,” Trump added.

    Donald Trump can't be someone to say this, because he has said worst than what Maxine Waters said.


    http://thehill.com/homenews/house/39...d-for-violence

    Maxine Waters reads list of times Trump has called for violenc
    Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) on Monday responded to President Trump’s claim that she called for violence against his supporters by reading a list of times that Trump has used violent rhetoric.

    Waters appeared on MSNBC’s “All In With Chris Hayes” after she said Trump misinterpreted her call on Saturday for protesters to confront Trump administration officials in public.

    “He calls for more violence than anybody else,” the California lawmaker said.

    She held up a piece of paper to read from a list of times Trump has spoken of violence.
    “Listen to some of his statements during his campaign and since he’s been president,” Waters said.

    “'I’d like to punch him in the face,'" Waters recalled.

    “Another violent statement — ‘I’d like to knock the crap out of them,'” Waters quoted.

    “Another one — ‘Maybe he should be roughed up,’” Waters recalled.

    Waters also pointed to the time when someone was removed from a May 2017 Trump rally in Massachusetts.

    “Try not to hurt him but if you do, I’ll defend you in court. Don’t worry about it,” Trump said.

    “If that’s not creating violence and supporting violence, what is?” Waters added. “I’ve said nothing like that.”

    people can call out Maxine Waters for what she said. the media should cover that because harassment is not okay. but when Trump says something like this then all it does is makes the media cover that instead.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  6. #261
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    while I absolutely agree 2 parent upbringings are better, being born in wedlock or having parents actually married/together isn't that huge of a deal. Put it this way-how many of us know couples who stay together because of the kids? I know couples who are toxic towards each other, but stay together because its easier financially, and because they have some odd belief that 2 ****ed up parents together are better than 2 happy people separated. Is it really?
    I guess I don't like how people just cruise in and out of various relationships and see it as having no consequences. We all know people like this. Doesn't seem to work out all that well. It just surprising to me how accepted it is.

    I once read a column (by Mona Charen I think [not totally sure]). Thrust of the essay was that society will always be judged by what if considers embarrassing.

    What's embarrassing today…out of wedlock children?, divorce?, cheating on your mate?, foul language?, bankruptcy?, behind on payments? declined for a loan?, foreclosure?, being on welfare?, food stamps? out of work?, arrest?, being sued?, poorly dressed?

    This all used to embarrass people. Not anymore.

    What embarrasses people now? (and save the "having a president like Trump" snarky remarks.)

  7. #262
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I guess I don't like how people just cruise in and out of various relationships and see it as having no consequences. We all know people like this. Doesn't seem to work out all that well. It just surprising to me how accepted it is.

    I once read a column (by Mona Charen I think [not totally sure]). Thrust of the essay was that society will always be judged by what if considers embarrassing.

    What's embarrassing today…out of wedlock children?, divorce?, cheating on your mate?, foul language?, bankruptcy?, behind on payments? declined for a loan?, foreclosure?, being on welfare?, food stamps? out of work?, arrest?, being sued?, poorly dressed?

    This all used to embarrass people. Not anymore.

    What embarrasses people now? (and save the "having a president like Trump" snarky remarks.)
    what embarrasses a person is up to them. If we waste time worrying about what others think of us (outside the ones we love), well my friend, you wasted a lot of time in this life. Responsibility falls short on many, no doubt. In a perfect world, 2 people who love each other are the ones having kids, because it offers the most stability. But there are plenty of other ways to do it, some are just harder than others.

    We all have our own moral code. As long as a person is good, and has good intentions, their mistakes are just that-mistakes. They don't define the person.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  8. #263
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I guess I don't like how people just cruise in and out of various relationships and see it as having no consequences. We all know people like this. Doesn't seem to work out all that well. It just surprising to me how accepted it is.

    I once read a column (by Mona Charen I think [not totally sure]). Thrust of the essay was that society will always be judged by what if considers embarrassing.

    What's embarrassing today…out of wedlock children?, divorce?, cheating on your mate?, foul language?, bankruptcy?, behind on payments? declined for a loan?, foreclosure?, being on welfare?, food stamps? out of work?, arrest?, being sued?, poorly dressed?

    This all used to embarrass people. Not anymore.

    What embarrasses people now? (and save the "having a president like Trump" snarky remarks.)
    Because if kids are born out of wedlock it’s also true that the parents hop in and out of relationships. I have three kids with my old lady, and we’ve been together for 20+ yrs. We both came from parents who got divorced and figured what the hell was the point.

    You seem to be an odd person to talk about what is embarrassing. You embarrass white people everytime you open your mouth. Feel free to refer to my previous post.

  9. #264
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    what embarrasses a person is up to them. If we waste time worrying about what others think of us (outside the ones we love), well my friend, you wasted a lot of time in this life. Responsibility falls short on many, no doubt. In a perfect world, 2 people who love each other are the ones having kids, because it offers the most stability. But there are plenty of other ways to do it, some are just harder than others.

    We all have our own moral code. As long as a person is good, and has good intentions, their mistakes are just that-mistakes. They don't define the person.
    Tell that to your boss, to the employment interviewer, to you mate's family, to the banker you're applying for a loan, to the maitre d at the restaurant you're trying to get into, to the male/female your trying to date and a host of others you may encounter.

    You may not get a second chance.

  10. #265
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,221
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Because if kids are born out of wedlock it’s also true that the parents hop in and out of relationships. I have three kids with my old lady, and we’ve been together for 20+ yrs. We both came from parents who got divorced and figured what the hell was the point.

    You seem to be an odd person to talk about what is embarrassing. You embarrass white people everytime you open your mouth. Feel free to refer to my previous post.
    Everything is racial.

  11. #266
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Tell that to your boss, to the employment interviewer, to you mate's family, to the banker you're applying for a loan, to the maitre d at the restaurant you're trying to get into, to the male/female your trying to date and a host of others you may encounter.

    You may not get a second chance.
    But I am not a dick. I don't cheat. I don't offend people. Having a kid out of wedlock (I did but married 7 months later), if that holds me back from a job, I don't want to work there anyways. I did suffer credit problems and entered foreclosure on a home (which was saved). It took me years to right it. But they were mistakes, and I fixed them (just bought a house)..

    What I mean is, what embarrasses us is up to you. Life is all about choices and the consequences that come with them. Now, there are mistakes (drinking, getting behind the wheel, and killing someone) that has no point of return, and can't be fixed. But a good person tends to avoid catastrophic mistakes..

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  12. #267
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Re: third world countries. I guess we're moving towards Zimbabwe or Cameroon. Something to look forward to, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Hey, then we too could experience life in a shithole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    We're getting there.
    Interesting. Does that mean that our modified form of free market capitalism is playing a part in ruining the country?

    P.S. I do.

  13. #268
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Everything is racial.
    Seems to you that way. Listen, you’ve not a made a point in here that anyone else hasn’t made. As with every thread you get into, you are focused on demeaning minorities. You are correct that I didn’t study English lit, I’m a poor writer. I did spend a great deal of time studying the supremecist movements from 1970-1990. You and I both know your agenda. Hell, everyone that reads this forum knows. You don’t post unless you can take a shot at blacks, Hispanics, or Muslims. You consistently choose the fun anecdote over data, cause it’s easy to find a moron. You inject race into every argument with your doublespeak. Every post is aimed at race baiting. I’ll tell you again to suck my balls. Perhaps it will draw the attention of a mod that would kindly throw the both of us out of here.

  14. #269
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    37,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I guess you're OK with out of wedlock births. I can see that that happens given how many people are here. But it's a problem and certainly not something we should just easily accept. There was a time few people knew of anyone who had an out of wedlock child…even in "urban ghettos." Now I doubt if anyone doesn't know someone with an out of wedlock birth. Changing times I guess but not really changing for the better.

    Yu keep coming back to this education, education blah blah blah…well I'm all for it. A lot of education begins in the home. All these kids aren't waking up in empty apartments. Someone is there. They don't buy their own clothes, cook there own food. Someone is there. Someone explained how to eat soup with a spoon and not a fork. Someone taught them how to tie their shoes or which side of the shirt goes to the front. ottom line…someone is there.

    Re: third world countries. I guess we're moving towards Zimbabwe or Cameroon. Something to look forward to, I guess.
    Saying your for education but so long as it's from their parent/guardians in their own home is the opposite of being for education.

    If you really think that there is someone teaching all kids sexed in the home, you are sorely mistaken.

  15. #270
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,221
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Seems to you that way. Listen, you’ve not a made a point in here that anyone else hasn’t made. As with every thread you get into, you are focused on demeaning minorities. You are correct that I didn’t study English lit, I’m a poor writer. I did spend a great deal of time studying the supremecist movements from 1970-1990. You and I both know your agenda. Hell, everyone that reads this forum knows. You don’t post unless you can take a shot at blacks, Hispanics, or Muslims. You consistently choose the fun anecdote over data, cause it’s easy to find a moron. You inject race into every argument with your doublespeak. Every post is aimed at race baiting. I’ll tell you again to suck my balls. Perhaps it will draw the attention of a mod that would kindly throw the both of us out of here.
    Bolded…I've never done this once.

    You do it almost every time.

    I've tried to discuss issues and politics about problems as they are. I've agreed about some of the issues with the rich politicians, I've agreed about the incivility of the president, the silliness of his tweeting etc etc.

    I've also pointed out issues we have with immigration. Somehow that's get painted as racist. Does the fact that almost all immigrants on the souther border are hispanic make that fact racist or is the just the simple fact that all immigrants on the southern border are hispanic. It's just a fact, some make that racist.

    Anyone in favor of a wall on the border…racist

    I've pointed out how the travel ban on Muslims is in effect UNTIL (repeat UNTILUNTILUNTILUNTILUNTILUNTIL) such time as they can be properly vetted. That gets painted as racist…even though there is no such travel ban with other Muslim countries.

    I discuss problems in the "Urban ghettos" and there are plenty of problems to talk about. If I disagree on a solution…again racist.

    I voiced concern how the out of wedlock situation in the "Urban Ghettos" is out of control ( a fact that most people agree is a huge factor in causing poverty) once again …racist.

    I brought up the value in getting education and the effect that has in the "Urban Ghettos" again…racist

    I commented how blacks vote overwhelmingly democrat, point out how nothing is getting better and suggest that maybe they should rethink the candidates a little more…racist.

    I mention many positive encounters with minorities in social settings, friends, hiring, daily life… that gets made fun of as if I am lying or don't really mean it because I'm obviously…racist

    One of us has a one track mind here and it isn't me.

    I'll tell you what I'd like to see…have some of the closed minded liberals on these boards go into a conservative web site (is there one???) and discuss their views just as I have here. Stand up and take the shots. I wonder how long some of you would last. You'll find views that oppose yours but done so in a dignified manner. You may miss the vulgarities, bleep outs and disgusting comments but I guess that would be a trade off.

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •