Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Hanley apart of some drug ring?

Kind of makes sense the time of his release. He was only 0for22 and a lot of money still owed.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/06/2...ation-red-sox/

Kevin Gregg, a spokesperson for the Red Sox, said the team was “unaware of any investigations involving Hanley.”

“Hanley was designated for assignment for baseball reasons,” Gregg said. “We were and are unaware of any investigations involving Hanley.”

That can't be the same Kevin Gregg that plunked David Ortiz is it?

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    That can't be the same Kevin Gregg that plunked David Ortiz is it?
    I was wondering if it was the same person as well. It's not that common of a name, but it doesn't say anything about it on his Wikipedia page, and he seems like an odd choice for something like that.

This could be why Hanley was never picked up by anyone. For the league minimum you would think someone would have taken a chance on him.

Agreed someone should of picked him up by now.

He's not, he had a friend/cousin someone who got in trouble and he said Hanley's name. But he is cleared of any wrong doing or knowledge of it.

Fake news! lock this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I was wondering if it was the same person as well. It's not that common of a name, but it doesn't say anything about it on his Wikipedia page, and he seems like an odd choice for something like that.

This could be why Hanley was never picked up by anyone. For the league minimum you would think someone would have taken a chance on him.
    Orioles were interested in signing him, until someone from the O's front office leaked the info so that the idea would get rightly shot down.

Also, I remember a while back there was an article on cocaine use in baseball, and they spoke to one player anonymously who said that he was out in clubs with some teammates and one teammate brought out a bag of cocaine. It was speculated based on the information that was given that the anonymous player was Will Middlebrooks, but that can't be confirmed obviously. But it would certainly fit if this gossip has any truth to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Also, I remember a while back there was an article on cocaine use in baseball, and they spoke to one player anonymously who said that he was out in clubs with some teammates and one teammate brought out a bag of cocaine. It was speculated based on the information that was given that the anonymous player was Will Middlebrooks, but that can't be confirmed obviously. But it would certainly fit if this gossip has any truth to it.
    Umm....no.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Umm....no.
    Yeah Hanley was screwed by a friend, as it turns out. So scratch that.