Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillySportFan View Post
    I asked you in a previous comment, do you think Zhaire can cover any of the C's wings as a 6'4 player? I honestly didn't watch him at all but he'll be at least 3 inches shorter than those guys.
    Yes. He has a 6'9.75" wingspan. He'll put on some size, as he's young and right now thin. He averages 1.6 steals and 1.6 blocks per 40 in college. Footspeed is amazing. He can defensively be Marcus Smart with the offense of a guy like Fred Van Fleet if he develops the right way.

Going into tonight: 6 picks

Coming out of tonight: 2 1st round players, 1 pick in the second (yet to be made), 5 future 2nds, 1 future 1st, cash

GM, Brett "The GOAT" Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Brett has a glass of water, a bottle of Aquafina, and a bottle of Fiji water. He's thirsty, lol.
    Hahahaha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I know he can't actually say anything.....I think this was 100% done with the idea to get Kawhi.
    Me too.

I asked you in a previous comment, do you think Zhaire can cover any of the C's wings as a 6'4 player? I honestly didn't watch him at all but he'll be at least 3 inches shorter than those guys.
    His calling card is defense.

Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    His calling card is defense.
    Fair enough, height is a huge factor is the NBA, if he stays a Sixer I hope the best for him.

It may take 24-48 hours for me to recover from this draft.......

1. The trade of Mikal for Zhaire Smith and 2021 unprotected 1st via Miami Heat
    2. Pick 26: Landry Shamet. A real head scratcher for me. Really??

I'm disappointed to say the least...

Fair enough, height is a huge factor is the NBA, if he stays a Sixer I hope the best for him.
    Marcus Smart is built a lot like Zhaire Smith. 6'4" tall with a long (for Zhaire 6'10") wingspan. Zhaire needs to put on some muscle. Smart is regularly checking guys like LeBron (5 inches taller), Simmons (6 inches taller), Green/KD/Klay (5 inches, 8 inches, 4 inches). What matters for defense are things like wing span, foot speed, hand speed. Zhaire is top notch with all of that.

Texas Tech also had some fit issues this season, that pushed Zhaire to have to play the 3 and even the 4 at times. That did him few favors in terms of his defense because he was covering guys bigger than him. He's really young, having just turned 19 on June 4th. So he has some time to fill into his frame and could get taller.

Quote Originally Posted by STRIKERC View Post
    This is a PR disaster...so apparently they had not informed Bridges camp about the trade and he was meeting the press and talking about how excited he was to be staying home.

We're going to be the laughing stock for at least the rest of the week.
    no we're not. stop being mad over nothing. this was a fantastic ****ing trade.

yes he will be fine. At the least Smith will be our Marcus Smart

Getting Miamis unprotected pick in 2 yesars is enough to love this draft, they dont look to be a playoff team then and could be pretty bad seeing how Dragic and Whiteside will prob be gone. We loaded up with guards which is a bit surprising given the need for another big and SF. It feels like something is in the works.

So some 'behind the curtain' things here:

I heard that when Mikal came in, he wasn't dismissive, but he was very much acting like this was a lock. Looked good but not great with his workout.

Meanwhile Zhaire was lock down in his workout, a stud defender in the 5 on 5, and was hitting a bunch of shots. Then in the return he was working out with Knox. They played a game of 1 on 1 and Knox didn't score for the first 8 shots because Zhaire locked him down. Then Zhaires shot even improved off that time. And when they were finished, this bite to me said the coaches and FO thanked him and he asked if he could stay on the court and keep shooting until he had to get to the airport.

I want to add last night felt very 'process-cy'. We took a guy at 10, trade for a guy a few picks later + a 2021 pick, and everyone outside hates it.

Let's start the 2021 scouting with Alex Antetokounmpo, the "best Antetokounmpo prospect out of them all." Then let's get hype over Jalen Green.

I have a sneaky feeling Zhaire isn't going to have any trouble putting on mass. Good lord. If he becomes even 1/10th as strong as his mama he'll be throwing guys around in the post...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast