Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Sixers trade pick 39 to LAL for 2019 2nd rounder + cash

Blockbuster!!! Not even thread worthy but since itís an official trade and all...

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...095787520?s=21

2019 2nd rounder will come from the Bulls. And the Bulls will likely struggle this year so ok... Bit of a shrug and a head scratcher. 39 is a valuable 2nd round pick, but I get that we werenít going to keep all 6 picks this year.

I also donít love trading a high 2nd round pick to the Lakers right now in the middle of Kawhi trade rumors.

Could have saved 39 for a package to try to move up tomorrow night. If nothing comes to fruition, then you can look to move it in a trade like this one. Donít think you had to do this tonight

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Blockbuster!!! Not even thread worthy but since itís an official trade and all...

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...095787520?s=21

2019 2nd rounder will come from the Bulls. And the Bulls will likely struggle this year so ok... Bit of a shrug and a head scratcher. 39 is a valuable 2nd round pick, but I get that we werenít going to keep all 6 picks this year.

I also donít love trading a high 2nd round pick to the Lakers right now in the middle of Kawhi trade rumors.
    The ball is rolling. Maybe we are greasing wheels so when Lakers get Kawhi we get something good in the fallout.

Could have saved 39 for a package to try to move up tomorrow night. If nothing comes to fruition, then you can look to move it in a trade like this one. Donít think you had to do this tonight
    Hinkie used to do these micro-trades that set up other stuff. Gotta believe itís a bigger picture move. And I donít think they are interested in anyone outside the lottery to add.

Itís probably for best to just kick the van a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Hinkie used to do these micro-trades that set up other stuff. Gotta believe itís a bigger picture move. And I donít think they are interested in anyone outside the lottery to add.

I find that hard to believe, but you could be right. Seems like itís a pretty textbook trade to relieve ourselves out of the surplus of picks we have for future value because you canít keep 6 rookies.

I think Hinkie would have made a trade like this tomorrow night when weíre on the clock at 39 if we werenít able to use the pick for something better. Not the night before the draft.

And it could definitely end up helping to set something else up in the bigger picture, sure. Doesnít mean it was a premeditated move to do that, though.

I find that hard to believe, but you could be right. Seems like itís a pretty textbook trade to relieve ourselves out of the surplus of picks we have for future value because you canít keep 6 rookies.

I think Hinkie would have made a trade like this tomorrow night when weíre on the clock at 39 if we werenít able to use the pick for something better. Not the night before the draft.

And it could definitely end up helping to set something else up in the bigger picture, sure. Doesnít mean it was a premeditated move to do that, though.
    You need a silver linings playbook. Lol.
    Just trying to be optimistic.
    So will we pick for lakers or will they make their own?

You need a silver linings playbook. Lol.
    Just trying to be optimistic.
    So will we pick for lakers or will they make their own?
    Haha I hear you. And not sure

i think youre right about this

What does getting cash do in a trade like this? Does it help lower the cap number or is it literally just cash added to the pockets to help pay contracts?

Just seems like a weird trade to swap a better second for a worse one, presumably, and some cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I am new here. How to you start your own thread? I do not see button for it.