Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Wade vs Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by thenaj17 View Post
    Nonsense. Bynum was only viewed as one of the best centres for a few months and well after 2010 championship. He barely played between 2008-2010 in the playoffs.
    Not nonsense at all. Bynum was a monster. Kobeís team was stacked but people just like to **** on them to try and hype Kobe up in LeBron debates which is dumb.

Fisher
    Gasol
    Bynum
    Odom
    Artest
    Vujacic
    Ariza

His team was very solid and well rounded.
    Donít forget to smile today, theyíre contagious!!!

Kobe and I donít think twice tbh

Can you name the greatest Kobe playoffs games? Because he doesn't have many of them. There are way too many instances of poor Kobe games and his teams end up winning the game still. People acting like Kobe didn't have an insane amount of help. Forget Fisher and Horry for a second (two solid veterans who made the right plays every time). Odom, Artest/Ariza, Pau Gasol and Bynum on the same team? All you needed was a great wing and you were going to win. Kobe gets way too much credit for "leading" his team when it hasn't been true at all.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Can you name the greatest Kobe playoffs games? Because he doesn't have many of them. There are way too many instances of poor Kobe games and his teams end up winning the game still. People acting like Kobe didn't have an insane amount of help. Forget Fisher and Horry for a second (two solid veterans who made the right plays every time). Odom, Artest/Ariza, Pau Gasol and Bynum on the same team? All you needed was a great wing and you were going to win. Kobe gets way too much credit for "leading" his team when it hasn't been true at all.
    The Lakers bigs were def underrated, between Odom, gasol, Bynum, def had one of the best paint offenses in the league

At the same time, 5 rings don't lie. 5 rings as the best or second best player on the team, he deserves plenty of credit. He's not overrated, he has 5 rings, is it even possible to over rate someone with that type of resume?
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    The Lakers bigs were def underrated, between Odom, gasol, Bynum, def had one of the best paint offenses in the league

At the same time, 5 rings don't lie. 5 rings as the best or second best player on the team, he deserves plenty of credit. He's not overrated, he has 5 rings, is it even possible to over rate someone with that type of resume?
    Nobody with that resume gets overrated except for Kobe on PSD. You should already know this lol
    Last edited by YAALREADYKNO; 06-22-2018 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post

Pippen has 6 as the second best player on his team, and I don't think he is over-rated.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Advanced stats favor peak Wade over Kobe, both in the regular season and the playoffs.

Wade was more efficient, better defense, and passer, at least according to general stats. Kobe put up more points due to shot volume.

At their peaks I prefer Wade. Longevity is another topic altogether.

Honestly, I wonder what we've missed out on because of Wade's injuries. If only he had a healthy career...
    I think I agree with this.

If it was only one year, if I had to choose a prime Kobe v prime Wade, I'd take Wade. If it was over an entire career, I'd take Kobe.

I don't know what's funnier here, the fact that you started a thread just to argue with Flashbolt, or the fact that you did it, and you're still wrong. KD is better than Kobe ever was. Kobe has a lengthier resume, but KD is the better player. I might take Wade too, but I'd have to think about it.
    POOP

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    I don't know what's funnier here, the fact that you started a thread just to argue with Flashbolt, or the fact that you did it, and you're still wrong. KD is better than Kobe ever was. Kobe has a lengthier resume, but KD is the better player. I might take Wade too, but I'd have to think about it.
    Post didn't start with me. I think a mod took this portion out and created a new thread as it was off-topic.

Wade was better at his peak, but that didn't last nearly as long as Kobe was at his peak.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456