Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Offseason Thread (FA/Trade Rumors)

Thought I would get one started..

Columbus is reportedly testing the market for Artemi Panarin, according to Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman.
    This comes after Panarin apparently told the Blue Jackets that he is not ready to consider an extension "at this time." Panarin won't become an unrestricted free agent until after the 2018-19 campaign. There isn't necessarily a rush to get something done at this time, whether that be an extension or a trade, but this could be a situation to monitor.
    We all know how Stan the man loves to re-acquire former players...

Thanks for this thread, not sure what to expect from the Hawks this off season.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Thought I would get one started..

We all know how Stan the man loves to re-acquire former players...
    Man, I would love to re-acquire Panarin. The cost would probably be very high though. If we could get him for Anisimov, the Nashville 1st, and some of our prospects, I'd definitely be interested in that. DeBrincat, Schmaltz, and Jokiharju would be completely off the table for me as would any of our core members (Keith, Kane, Toews). Having said that, I doubt we could make a deal happen without one of them. I still think we make a play for Panarin next off-season if he becomes a free agent. He loved playing with Kane.

2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Offseason Thread (FA/Trade Rumors)

Hawks have acquired F Michael Chaput from the Canucks for F Tanner Kero.

Small trade. Idk if itís something that will be impactful

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Magic Number = 8!

Pretty lateral move. Hawks are getting the slightly bigger player. Not much more than that. Chaput is just a depth forward. This is pretty Ďmeh.í

All signs point to Faulk and Skinner being on the outs in Carolina. It seems they really want to shake things up there. There is quite a bit of recent trade history between the two teams. Faulk carries a $4.8m cap hit over the next two seasons before UFA. Thatís not bad for a guy who could really clean up the PP.

Heís a guy with some potential there still as well. He could really bounce back in the Hawks system I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Hawks have acquired F Michael Chaput from the Canucks for F Tanner Kero.

Small trade. Idk if itís something that will be impactful
    Underrated move IMO. Kero was lost here. Chaput is a sleeper candidate to be our 4C, especially considering Kampf is able to play C or W. Chaput is solid on faceoffs and has good size.

2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

No QO was made to Duclair.

Roto:

Anthony Duclair may be permitted to test the market as an unrestricted free agent.

Chicago has not tendered a qualifying offer to Duclair yet, which would make him an unrestricted free agent on July 1. Indications are that Duclair, Tomas Jurco and Michael Chaput will be UFAs.
    I was hoping to keep Duclair, he hasnt even been here a full season yet

And it was funny they mentioned Chaput, we just got him.

While news has been optimistic around Corey Crawford, unfortunately I think the Hawks are going to have to look at spending on someone like Carter Hutton in free agency to be the backup/starter if need be. I just don't see how the Hawks can go into next year with Crawford/Forsberg and expect things to work out better this time. If Crawford is to miss time or simply isn't right, the Hawks currently would be screwed. I know they were also in on Grubauer before he got dealt to Colorado so the interest in a goalie is real.

I just hope the Hawks can land someone without completely tying their hands financially leaving them with little to nothing to add at other positions.

Roto updates:

The Chicago Blackhawks have acquired Jordan Schroeder from the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for Jean-Francois Berube.
    Schroeder had a goal and an assist in 21 games with Columbus in 2017-18. He spent most of the season in the AHL where he scored 14 goals and 36 points in 48 contests.
    Chicago Blackhawks are reportedly close to reaching a deal with Cam Ward.
    Ward can't officially sign anything until he becomes a free agent on July 1st. The 34-year-old has spent hire entire career with the Carolina Hurricanes, so this will be the first time he throws on another team's jersey. Ward had a 23-14-4 record with a 2.73 goals-against-average and a .906 save percentage this season.

Roto:

I was hoping to keep Duclair, he hasnt even been here a full season yet

And it was funny they mentioned Chaput, we just got him.
    Me too. My only guess is that Q didn't see him as a good fit in the system.

Roto updates:
    Signing Ward would be an outstanding move.

Hawks getting Cam Ward?

Noice. Thatís a solid backup goalie for us

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Magic Number = 8!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast