Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 141 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2754
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    Well if we had dangelo now instad of lonzo we could package him with ingram for kawhi and its a done deal

Lonzo is pretty worthless as a trading chip though, theyve been trying to package him all over with DENg no takers

If we had tatum ... forget about it. Lonzo blunder was absurdly costly

BUT all is forgiven now, Magic can do no wrong I live Magic and he has done something great. and I always said he helps players PLay better
    really? who would be taking Mozgov's deal at this point?

I know I know... details aren't you and rocco's strong suit

I know the talk has been adding Kawhi. But, is there any scenario where the Lakers are able to add a 3rd superstar? The Warriors have 5 allstars and a bunch of really good players off the bench.

Put it this way, the spurs wants Brandon Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, TWO first round picks, TWO swapped picks in a trade for Kawhi. F' them. We can get get Kawhi for free next year if he doesn't change his mind. Spurs got rid of Tony Parker, but its probably more because TP realize the Spurs has been under paying him over the years. I tell the Spurs to go F themselves and move on to Damian Lillard or some other potential superstar. Lebron can wait one more year to dominate again. We have been patient long enough with the Lakers and one more year is nothing as compared to the rape we get with the Spur trade. I would love to see BI And Kuzma develop along with Lebron. The best part is the LAKERS is back baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can scream at the TV when playoffs come around again.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news...t1m2fru4v5g49y

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    really? who would be taking Mozgov's deal at this point?

I know I know... details aren't you and rocco's strong suit
    ironically, Mosgov right now would be tradeable to the Spurs. He has two years left at $15M so he's one season from being an expiring, and in the right system would be a very useful center. He will probably play significant minutes in Charlotte this season

Of course I am not saying the Deng and Mosgov signings weren't horrible. Those were incomprehensibly bad decisions, but clearly the Deng signing was much worse. Mosgov has had value and he played well on the Cavs especially with Lebron.

On a Spurs team with a halfcourt offense Mosgov would be useful imo, whereas obviously the Spurs won't want Deng, and especially with what's going on with Kawhi right now why would they want a Lonzo Ball? He comes ready-equipped with rap songs, media presence, diss tracks, controversy, and his Dad criticizing the system and the coach. Can you even imagine what the circus will be like when Lonzo comes up for a contract extension or free agency?

And so yeah the Deng and Mosgov deals are huge setbacks... passing on Tatum to draft Lonzo is absolutely brutal though

Passing on Tatum, who looked elite last year as a rookie going head to head with Lebron in a seven game playoff series, might be as egregious as passing on a young Kobe Bryant for instance

So, does anybody remember who the free agent signings were on the Lakers when we drafted Kobe Bryant? Do you think if we had a couple bad medium level free agents on the Lakers back then for a couple years anybody would even remember? We got Kobe freakin Bryant.

So I mean if Tatum is an all star for the next 15 years and wins multiple MVPs and titles, people will remember that, and they won't even remember who Deng and Mosgov are. Lonzo at the current trajectory would just be a weird footnote in history, some kind of Millie Vanillie **** that people in the future will be like "oh yeah, ha ha, Lonzo I remember that dude" yeah that dude, the funny dude with the rap lyrics who the Lakers drafted ahead of Tatum and Donovan

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowX View Post
    Put it this way, the spurs wants Brandon Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, TWO first round picks, TWO swapped picks in a trade for Kawhi. F' them. We can get get Kawhi for free next year if he doesn't change his mind. Spurs got rid of Tony Parker, but its probably more because TP realize the Spurs has been under paying him over the years. I tell the Spurs to go F themselves and move on to Damian Lillard or some other potential superstar. Lebron can wait one more year to dominate again. We have been patient long enough with the Lakers and one more year is nothing as compared to the rape we get with the Spur trade. I would love to see BI And Kuzma develop along with Lebron. The best part is the LAKERS is back baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can scream at the TV when playoffs come around again.

Lol I feel you on the screaming at the TV in May hopefully til June.

ironically, Mosgov right now would be tradeable to the Spurs. He has two years left at $15M so he's one season from being an expiring, and in the right system would be a very useful center. He will probably play significant minutes in Charlotte this season

Of course I am not saying the Deng and Mosgov signings weren't horrible. Those were incomprehensibly bad decisions, but clearly the Deng signing was much worse. Mosgov has had value and he played well on the Cavs especially with Lebron.

On a Spurs team with a halfcourt offense Mosgov would be useful imo, whereas obviously the Spurs won't want Deng, and especially with what's going on with Kawhi right now why would they want a Lonzo Ball? He comes ready-equipped with rap songs, media presence, diss tracks, controversy, and his Dad criticizing the system and the coach. Can you even imagine what the circus will be like when Lonzo comes up for a contract extension or free agency?

And so yeah the Deng and Mosgov deals are huge setbacks... passing on Tatum to draft Lonzo is absolutely brutal though

Passing on Tatum, who looked elite last year as a rookie going head to head with Lebron in a seven game playoff series, might be as egregious as passing on a young Kobe Bryant for instance

So, does anybody remember who the free agent signings were on the Lakers when we drafted Kobe Bryant? Do you think if we had a couple bad medium level free agents on the Lakers back then for a couple years anybody would even remember? We got Kobe freakin Bryant.

So I mean if Tatum is an all star for the next 15 years and wins multiple MVPs and titles, people will remember that, and they won't even remember who Deng and Mosgov are. Lonzo at the current trajectory would just be a weird footnote in history, some kind of Millie Vanillie **** that people in the future will be like "oh yeah, ha ha, Lonzo I remember that dude" yeah that dude, the funny dude with the rap lyrics who the Lakers drafted ahead of Tatum and Donovan
    I doubt it..Mosgov was just traded to Orlando.
    [/SIGPIC][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowX View Post

I agree with this. Moving our focus to a player like Lillard assures us of his 3 year remaining contract. The only reason Portland would potentially do it is the fact that they are sort of irrelevant now. Cowherd said it. We may have taken their spot in the West now and if they were to bring in ball and Ingram they may improve their roster. Lillard and CJ got exposed versus the Pelicans in the playoffs.

Another thought for Ingram , lonzo and Kuzma...Do we really want to take a risk on Kawhi based on those guys being a result of the tank years? Those tearful seasons have to be worth taking the gamble on. I say this Kawhi scenario is to risky for the tradeoff at this time.
    [/SIGPIC][/IMG]

The Lakers can wait to see if Kawhi is healthy. And the Lakers can also see if one of their young core blossoms into a big star.

Yeah, but we needed a PG badly, and we already had Ingram.

^^^^yeah but not really. I mean we needed a PG no doubt. But we didn't NEED Lonzo. Yes I was pushing for Fox as the pick I would've selected. But my bottom line was simply not to draft Lonzo. So to pass on Tatum for Lonzo makes it even worse.

But what's even more ridiculous than that is one of the main reasons we drafted Lavar Ball son with the 2nd overall pick in the 2017 NBA draft sponsored by abuncha folk with money and say so...

Wait for it...

Because it would make for a "great story" due to the fact that he's from Chino Hills(located in California) and oh...he played at UCLA(also located in California).

So with that...it is now July 7, 2018 & we're having this discussion because the arrogance of Laker Nation still believes they can make a freaking star out of anyone just by pointing to them and giving some tired overlapped speech about the hanging banners woo woo woo...

I sincerely hope Lonzo has a better 2nd year. He runs a break beautifully...he does some things very exceptionally. I'll give him that. But I'll also give him in a trade easily

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by majmarcus View Post
    ^^^^yeah but not really. I mean we needed a PG no doubt. But we didn't NEED Lonzo. Yes I was pushing for Fox as the pick I would've selected. But my bottom line was simply not to draft Lonzo. So to pass on Tatum for Lonzo makes it even worse.

But what's even more ridiculous than that is one of the main reasons we drafted Lavar Ball son with the 2nd overall pick in the 2017 NBA draft sponsored by abuncha folk with money and say so...

Wait for it...

Because it would make for a "great story" due to the fact that he's from Chino Hills(located in California) and oh...he played at UCLA(also located in California).

So with that...it is now July 7, 2018 & we're having this discussion because the arrogance of Laker Nation still believes they can make a freaking star out of anyone just by pointing to them and giving some tired overlapped speech about the hanging banners woo woo woo...

I sincerely hope Lonzo has a better 2nd year. He runs a break beautifully...he does some things very exceptionally. I'll give him that. But I'll also give him in a trade easily

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

yeah, I was really pushing for Josh Jackson, I thought that was the guy who the Lakers should select. I'd like to think that if I had access to more information and observing tryouts etc and expert input from scouts that I would have selected Tatum. I mean if we were insanely ninja we could've traded D'Angelo for the #10-#11 pick and gotten Donovan Mitchell too but that would be highly unlikely. Some scouts on a podcast though say Donovan was moving rapidly up the draft charts because his interviews and tryouts were so good. Jerry West would've drafted him

But yeah, I mean I've kept wanting to get on the Lonzo bandwagon. There are good things that I see sometimes when I watch him play. But if I'm objective about it, we can't grade a player just on flash or a few good attributes. I mean if he was on a Phil Jackson team he would not have even gotten on the court all season... so there were probably lots of rookies in the past that if they had the confidence and the team just pushed them out there for 40 minutes a game and let them do whatever they want and keep shooting even if they are like 15% or whatever... lots of rookies in that situation with the start confidence would likely have some exciting moments. In the course of the season you'd see plays where it's like "hey, there it is, the highlight play just like at UCLA" or whatever.

But Stephen A called this correctly very early in the season, that he wasn't aggressive at all on offense. He just passes off, and when he does drive it's this kickout all the time, which isn't really even a real assist if you ask me. If somebody has to make a shot from 25 feet how is that an assist cause you passed them the ball?

I also notice that he doesn't really wait for the play to develop. That's one thing I liked about D'Angelo, sometimes it looked like he was moving slow, but his handles were outstanding and his court sense was really amazing. Like he'd dribble right into the key and just kind of freeze there with his crossover, and wait a full beat and then make a pass or a move to the hoop or something, kind of waiting for the play to develop and then making a cool decision. As opposed to, reach the three point line and then immediately pass it off, or kind of spastically drive to the hoop and then twist around in the air to pass the ball back out

I mean Lonzo could be a good player. I kept trying to get on the bandwagon, but then again it was hard to not have some satisfaction of I told you so when he played so incredibly bad and shot like 0% or something, goes 1-20 from the field while Kuzma is lighting it up it was kind of fascinating. But being objective he's gotta have potential, he passes on the break really beautifully sometimes, he makes strong help defense plays sometimes, etc, so if he improves he could definitely be good

I haven't seen the "incredible playmaker" passing skills though that were advertised, like he was going to be some kind of wizard passer that was going to get everybody dimes and easy buckets left and right. I mostly just saw he's passes to dudes out on the 3-point line again and again. He's passing the ball the 3-point line 25+ times a game and then winds up with like 8 assists and everybody's like "he's really good, he's averaging 7-8 assists"

but who knows he could be good with Lebron. But just like I said after we drafted Lonzo, I gotta see it on the court to believe it

Anyone else find it interesting that Lakers posted a pic of all the young core guys not playing for the summer team minus BI?

Quote Originally Posted by Bberryfresh2010 View Post
    Anyone else find it interesting that Lakers posted a pic of all the young core guys not playing for the summer team minus BI?
    Where

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

If it's that photo of kcp, kuzma, and Lonzo sitting with Rob Pelinka, then it's really not a big deal imo. Ingram has been at Duke all offseason working hard on his game. I imagine he's still there which is why he's not in Vegas for the summer league.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by Bberryfresh2010 View Post
    JaVale McGee was there too can’t forget about him.

The lost boys