Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 258 of 261 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 3906
  1. #3856
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    68,093
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    When you watch him from 2008 and compare to today, you don't say, hey he's just stuttering a little more. That's so ridiculous.
    People simply shouldn't age. Especially elderly people and even moreso those elected to be POTUS. It's unfathomable that the people of this country continue to let this sort of thing happen.

  2. #3857
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    68,093
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    You say wow! Who the **** is this incompressible moron. He can't even atare his way out of a stage left door without assistance. Dude is jacked in the head. Moreso than 45 and it's not even a comparison.
    Have another drink, chief. We all get how frustrating it is that the POTUS can't even be compressed (let alone atare his way out of a stage left door).

    Just try not to break another computer keyboard.

  3. #3858
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    68,093
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Oh **** I made a typo. Better get on that nate.
    Generally, that's Chief Moron's job.

  4. #3859
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    49,189
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I am well aware of the hog farms in Iowa. That is not what this discussion is about, however. We were talking about clean energy and Iowa does well there.
    I agree that hog farms need to be re-vamped. Our hogs live in a pasture. Even the finishing hogs have fresh air. I do not like "factory-farms".
    Until you can come up with an electric combine and tractor that can handle tillage, planting and harvest, we will continue to utilize diesel engines. We use a lot of bio-diesel (made from soybean oil). The exhaust smells like a popcorn popper.
    Like this?

    Or this?

    The idea that the discussion was only about "clean energy" is an obviously false one as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    I believe I asked this earlier, but even if you don't "believe" in climate change (it's not a religion), what do you have against environmentally conscious decisions like moving to solar/wind energy? Using electric cars? Changing the materials we use for everyday products?
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Because someone has to pay for it. They'd rather pass it down to future generations to address it. That's modern politicians at work. Ignore/kick the can down the road until its hits some critical juncture where cost becomes exponentially more and it can arguably be too late to do anything substantial.
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Nothing. I like solar and wind energy. We use a lot of both around my town.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    From your previous posts, it seems you lean (and thus vote) right. Correct me if I'm wrong.

    On the basis of climate change alone, it seems counterintuitive to vote for those actively ignoring a growing problem. And that problem is going to affect us regular folk more than the politicians and their rich friends.
    None of that is only about "clean energy."


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  5. #3860
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    61,639
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bnn...31134.amp.html

    Hopefully leads to more nuclear plants being built.

  6. #3861
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    11,538
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Like this?

    Or this?

    The idea that the discussion was only about "clean energy" is an obviously false one as well.





    None of that is only about "clean energy."
    Thank you for pointing this out to me, nate. I have not seen or heard much about electric combines. I will do some reading on them.

  7. #3862
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    19,865
    We can close this thread, we won the environment loss. Some Europeans are thinking about wood heating this winter and various countries are revving up their old coal power plants. The present need is dominating this issue now. The growing noise from third-world countries is them demanding climate aid from major powers and western nations to combat climate change in their countries like Pakistan where one-third of their nation was flooded. That must have gotten a good laugh in the first countries world.

    Word of advice. Save yourselves some grief and don't ask for what won't be given.
    Last edited by WES445; 11-13-2022 at 10:16 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

    Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.

    Robert Louis Stevenson

  8. #3863
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11,201
    The Earth will have her revenge, served hot, not cold.

  9. #3864
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    11,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    The Earth will have her revenge, served hot, not cold.
    I agree. The Earth will survive. We may or may not.

  10. #3865
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    61,639
    Can't imagine all the "activist" throwing stuff at art paintings helped the cause.

  11. #3866
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Can't imagine all the "activist" throwing stuff at art paintings helped the cause.
    Yeah, it just diminishes the seriousness of the matter. We need to focus on ways to educate people on the issue because right now the deniers are very misinformed and leaning on the word of their favorite conspiracy theorist/wannabe scientist. We've had posters on here cite websites that were directly funded by coal and oil companies.

    We have to improve education to build critical thinkers who can research, understand complex ideas, and filter out the nonsense.

    Another part of this is removing the hyper partisan nature of our society. One does not have to simply believe something just because your side pushes it. That's how we end up with people trying to say that 3% of scientists denying climate change is significant enough to change their opinion.

  12. #3867
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    82,459
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I agree. The Earth will survive. We may or may not.
    yep, and sadly we will pass this doomsday scenario to our children and their children

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  13. #3868
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    82,459
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    Yeah, it just diminishes the seriousness of the matter. We need to focus on ways to educate people on the issue because right now the deniers are very misinformed and leaning on the word of their favorite conspiracy theorist/wannabe scientist. We've had posters on here cite websites that were directly funded by coal and oil companies.

    We have to improve education to build critical thinkers who can research, understand complex ideas, and filter out the nonsense.

    Another part of this is removing the hyper partisan nature of our society. One does not have to simply believe something just because your side pushes it. That's how we end up with people trying to say that 3% of scientists denying climate change is significant enough to change their opinion.
    to be fair, we always need that small portion of people who question everything. We just also need those people to be critical thinkers who are questioning it for a valid reason, not just because it's what they do..

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  14. #3869
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    15,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    The Earth will have her revenge, served hot, not cold.
    Some of it might be cold. Ice storms are a ***** and we’ve been getting more of them. Likely because the temps hang around the freezing mark more than they used to.

  15. #3870
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    49,212
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/study-exx...190741563.html

    Exxon’s own data showed that human activity would warm the planet as far back as 1977 and they denied it as recently as 2013.

    They knew and lied about it for over 30 years.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •