Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 231 of 258 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 3869
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I could be wrong but 100% positive I have never mentioned NASA with Climate Change.
    Well that would be mistake #1 then…

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well that would be mistake #1 then…
    LOL I have made more than one mistake but thanks. (smh)

I think I would go one step further and say no one else really has mentioned NASA either until just now.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

LOL I have made more than one mistake but thanks. (smh)

I think I would go one step further and say no one else really has mentioned NASA either until just now.
    I’m aware. For example, did you know the phrase “that would be mistake #1” doesn’t mean you’ve only made one mistake lol (smh)

I’m aware. For example, did you know the phrase “that would be mistake #1” doesn’t mean you’ve only made one mistake lol (smh)
    As if you could make a list. psh
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

As if you could make a list. psh
    Making a list of all your mistakes would be quite the challenge indeed.

We can make that into a PSD contest whose list is longer. Prize to be determined later.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.

Robert Louis Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Do you really want to talk about "government helping us make better decisions"? What if it was Trump, Mitch and McCarthy helping/deciding for you? The "smart" thermostats just lock you in during a heat wave which could be problematic. I can go for a timer for my thermostat if I can set it. I like my house cool when I come home from being in hot kitchens and bakeries all during a hot summer night so a sensor detecting motion wouldn't do it for me. I have worked in kitchens that were 120 degrees, and they wonder why their steaks were extra salty, at the height of summer for a full shift, so I need that instant relief when I get home. lol

The point is one size doesn't fit all when it comes to comfort level and usage. You can pretty well bet your life that the government will not take that into consideration and won't accept any exceptions without a legislative fight.

Damn Scoot, do you have the "Little Red Book'' in your sock drawer?

A reference to a book by Chairman Mao in the sixties.

I can walk with everything else, but that last one was something else.
    I know of the little red book. And the government is constantly trying to influence our decisions. I'm for the government encouraging behavior with incentives in tax breaks. Government has too much money ... tax breaks for reflective roofs, tax breaks for smaller/more efficient cars, etc.

I was thinking about it yesterday and I can put $10k into turning my cheap *** car to being where it's easily better than new, it gets 35mpg ... I bought the car 20 years ago for $4k, and there have been no major repairs needed and it's been well taken care of, so I'd be around $15k into the car. The difference from that to the cheapest comparable electric car even with the government rebate (and don't get me started on paying sales tax on the full price despite getting the "rebate") and I can keep my car full of gas for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I know of the little red book. And the government is constantly trying to influence our decisions. I'm for the government encouraging behavior with incentives in tax breaks. Government has too much money ... tax breaks for reflective roofs, tax breaks for smaller/more efficient cars, etc.

I was thinking about it yesterday and I can put $10k into turning my cheap *** car to being where it's easily better than new, it gets 35mpg ... I bought the car 20 years ago for $4k, and there have been no major repairs needed and it's been well taken care of, so I'd be around $15k into the car. The difference from that to the cheapest comparable electric car even with the government rebate (and don't get me started on paying sales tax on the full price despite getting the "rebate") and I can keep my car full of gas for decades.
    The explanation was more for the younger crowd than you. Fail to indicate that.

I can agree with that. Just trigger by the statement after talking about having someone having their freedom to choose their thermostat setting taken away from them.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Robert Louis Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    The explanation was more for the younger crowd than you. Fail to indicate that.

I can agree with that. Just trigger by the statement after talking about having someone having their freedom to choose their thermostat setting taken away from them.
    To be clear it wasn't that people couldn't set their thermostat where they wanted it, more that it wouldn't stay there all day. It was definitely annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    To be clear it wasn't that people couldn't set their thermostat where they wanted it, more that it wouldn't stay there all day. It was definitely annoying.
    Well, one group of people got completely locked out once the electric company set it remotely when they sign up for and used the smart thermostat. While others, not using this special service, were given the option to volunteer to adjust theirs to the electric company's recommended setting.

Will Rogers

Robert Louis Stevenson

Making a list of all your mistakes would be quite the challenge indeed.
    No one said all. Add that one to your "list."

No one said all. Add that one to your "list."
    I said all. It is indeed added.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/un-chief-...184503187.html

The world is falling woefully short of our climate reduction goals. This will have catastrophic effects on the world.

It isn't about preventing a rise of 2 degrees now, that is a done deal, but how to react to it. Not that we shouldn't cut emissions, but the damage has been done and soon we will have to deal with it. More and more people out west will want to siphon off the Great Lakes. Insurers in Florida can't keep up with storm damage and are going out of business. This is a major upheaval coming our way.

Late in acknowledging climate change doesn't give me a belief that there is a government plan for this adjustment.
    Last edited by WES445; 10-03-2022 at 08:13 PM.

Will Rogers

Robert Louis Stevenson

Notice how all the climate deniers, here, have been silent about denying it.

Will Rogers

Robert Louis Stevenson