Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 210 of 258 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3869
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Thanks. You are right it does not matter to the truth how many agree with it. What is true is true.

More scientists would say there are other main causes. Has man contributed to it? Yes, scientists, most, would say yes.
    Where are you getting that more scientists think there are other main causes?

That aside, why do you think most scientists, the experts who study this subject, believe man contributes to it?

Why does this idiot think any of the insane nonsense he regularly spews upon the pages of this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Why does this idiot think any of the insane nonsense he regularly spews upon the pages of this forum?
    ......? You going to ask a question?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Where are you getting that more scientists think there are other main causes?

That aside, why do you think most scientists, the experts who study this subject, believe man contributes to it?
    The fact that we've had worse conditions in the past certainly shows that climate change happens without our intervention. The question is how much do we add?

Scientists believe we contribute to it as it can be laboratory tested. We can see what man is doing and in a controlled environment make some predictions and calculations to see if those predictions are accurate. That's why there is a contribution. How much is really the debate.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    You were probably the kid that tried to site google or yahoo as a source in school. Or you're just adding to the douche lore that is the brett story.

Even the links in that google search don't take away from the fact that the majority of scientists in the field agree that climate change is mostly influenced by humans.

If you have evidence to the contrary, please provide it. Otherwise you get tossed in the loony bin with the rest of the conspiracy theorist red hats.
    Pick the links you want. Or get someone to help you if you are incapable.
    Stop using the majority argument as evidence. It's not.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Pick the links you want. Or get someone to help you if you are incapable.
    Stop using the majority argument as evidence. It's not.
    The thing is, if we were talking with someone who had genuine curiosity and participated in the discussion with an open mind, then I would definitely repeat the numerous links of evidence already shared. However, repeating those things to you is pointless. You've let tucker or joe rogan or whoever else you deem as your credible source convince you of your opinion. You've shown zero openness to the information already presented. You've shown zero evidence of an open mind to this topic and all others.

Your best defense for your claims was a google search with incorrect spelling. If you can't do better than that and are unwilling to open your mind to the possibility that you're wrong, then there is no point in showing you anything, especially when its been shown to you time and time again.

At this point we can only hope that Darwinism takes care of you and your kind without doing much collateral damage.

The thing is, if we were talking with someone who had genuine curiosity and participated in the discussion with an open mind, then I would definitely repeat the numerous links of evidence already shared. However, repeating those things to you is pointless. You've let tucker or joe rogan or whoever else you deem as your credible source convince you of your opinion. You've shown zero openness to the information already presented. You've shown zero evidence of an open mind to this topic and all others.

Your best defense for your claims was a google search with incorrect spelling. If you can't do better than that and are unwilling to open your mind to the possibility that you're wrong, then there is no point in showing you anything, especially when its been shown to you time and time again.

At this point we can only hope that Darwinism takes care of you and your kind without doing much collateral damage.
    Typical lefty: Show the evidence
    Reply: Evidence given
    TL: Attack replier (not the evidence), accuse them of baseless accusations

You being alive is proof that your version of change isn't real.

Typical lefty: Show the evidence
    Reply: Evidence given
    TL: Attack replier (not the evidence), accuse them of baseless accusations

You being alive is proof that your version of change isn't real.
    I will play nice

You linked a basic google search to your topic. You have to go to the 3rd link to find a relevant article, which was from 15 years ago. Furthermore, it only takes until around the 6-7th link to turn your search around on you.

Anything you can find is going to be either old, or honestly not support your opinion. I imagine if you dig hard, you can find something that attempts to dispute the hundreds of thousands of studies that go against your view.

At this point in time, 97% of the people who work in climate science agree on the subject. This number has been challenged, and even the most conservative estimates are that 84% (back in 2016) believe man is the leading cause.

Again, we get you don't feel it exists, but this subject is not one that you will get much written backup on. The consensus is overwhelming against you.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I will play nice

You linked a basic google search to your topic. You have to go to the 3rd link to find a relevant article, which was from 15 years ago. Furthermore, it only takes until around the 6-7th link to turn your search around on you.

Anything you can find is going to be either old, or honestly not support your opinion. I imagine if you dig hard, you can find something that attempts to dispute the hundreds of thousands of studies that go against your view.

At this point in time, 97% of the people who work in climate science agree on the subject. This number has been challenged, and even the most conservative estimates are that 84% (back in 2016) believe man is the leading cause.

Again, we get you don't feel it exists, but this subject is not one that you will get much written backup on. The consensus is overwhelming against you.
    "I've already shared evidence. I'm not going to keep doing the research for you."

That's likely going to be his reply. Either that or he'll just keep repeating his false claims. Or everyone's favorite: he'll insult you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I will play nice

Let's assume it's true as I don't want to argue this point again, 97% of the scientists agree that man is the number one cause of climate change (again not going to argue the term). That leaves 3% that would disagree. Numbers do not make one right. Don't use it as evidence.

Let's assume it's true as I don't want to argue this point again, 97% of the scientists agree that man is the number one cause of climate change (again not going to argue the term). That leaves 3% that would disagree. Numbers do not make one right. Don't use it as evidence.
    But even when evidence is brought to you, it doesn't penetrate the tin foil hat you've got on.

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

It’s important to remember that scientists always focus on the evidence, not on opinions. Scientific evidence continues to show that human activities (primarily the human burning of fossil fuels) have warmed Earth’s surface and its ocean basins, which in turn have continued to impact Earth’s climate. This is based on over a century of scientific evidence forming the structural backbone of today's civilization.

I am willing to let him continue thru life as a dimwitted person.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.

Robert Louis Stevenson

But even when evidence is brought to you, it doesn't penetrate the tin foil hat you've got on.

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

It’s important to remember that scientists always focus on the evidence, not on opinions. Scientific evidence continues to show that human activities (primarily the human burning of fossil fuels) have warmed Earth’s surface and its ocean basins, which in turn have continued to impact Earth’s climate. This is based on over a century of scientific evidence forming the structural backbone of today's civilization.
    Let's ask a basic question. What is the #1 greenhouse gas?

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I am willing to let him continue thru life as a dimwitted person.
    I do reply to you so you have a great point...for once.

The fact that we've had worse conditions in the past certainly shows that climate change happens without our intervention. The question is how much do we add?

Scientists believe we contribute to it as it can be laboratory tested. We can see what man is doing and in a controlled environment make some predictions and calculations to see if those predictions are accurate. That's why there is a contribution. How much is really the debate.
    Ok, but why do you think so many scientists, the experts who study this subject, believe the amount man contributes is so sizable we can slow the effects by reducing our contribution?