Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 201 of 258 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3869
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Why are you so angry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You'd be angry too if you were locked up in a funny farm with a diaper full of sludge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    without pulling the data, I know for a fact that the 15 month drought we have had in Minnesota, crushed soybean and other products farmers last season, and this season.

We also rely on snow to give us our baseline for the spring. We had minimal snow this year, so the ground received very little baseline moisture to start the season.
    Poor babies. Maybe instead of burning down Kenosha and firing cops, your idiot mayors and governor might worry about saving rainwater and snow run-off? Hell, Minnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes isn't it? Nature gave you water and huge mosquitoes. Kill the mosquitos and save your water.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Poor babies. Maybe instead of burning down Kenosha and firing cops, your idiot mayors and governor might worry about saving rainwater and snow run-off? Hell, Minnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes isn't it? Nature gave you water and huge mosquitoes. Kill the mosquitos and save your water.
    It was you who started that whole "rake the forest to prevent forest fires" thing?
    Last edited by WES445; 08-13-2022 at 04:23 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.

Robert Louis Stevenson

The desire to supply the west with water from the Mississippi is growing. Of course, that desire is coming the most from those who also live in deserts. Move, you are officially climate refugees, whether you believe climate change or not, like those sitting outside our border. Kiss Las Vagas golf course greens goodbye.

Water rations are being enforced in some areas, and they are lucky compared to those who have water shipped in. It is something that is happening in various parts of the world. Major rivers in China, Russia, and the middle east is pulling a disappearing act like the Colorado river. It must be magic since the republican talking heads don't believe those un-patriotic leftists and pesky climatologists' claims about climate change.

Hey, since it is magic and not climate change, maybe have your magical thinking Chosen One whip something up for us? Like water?
    Last edited by WES445; 08-14-2022 at 01:39 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Robert Louis Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    The desire to supply the west with water from the Mississippi is growing. Of course, that desire is coming the most from those who also live in deserts. Move, you are officially climate refugees, whether you believe climate change or not, like those sitting outside our border. Kiss Las Vagas golf course greens goodbye.

Water rations are being enforced in some areas, and they are lucky compared to those who have water shipped in. It is something that is happening in various parts of the world. Major rivers in China, Russia, and the middle east is pulling a disappearing act like the Colorado river. It must be magic since the republican talking heads don't believe those un-patriotic leftists and pesky climatologists' claims about climate change.

Hey, since it is magic and not climate change, maybe have your magical thinking Chosen One whip something up for us? Like water?
    He better be turning that wine back into water lol

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    He better be turning that wine back into water lol
    Watching a PBS show about the WEST. Part of it talked about the Mormon trek from Illinois to Utah and the GREAT SALT LAKE led by Brigham Young. What I thought interesting is the day after Young and his Mormons arrived he and his mates started the conversion process to begin processing salt water into irrigation and start the designing of their farming operation.

This is why I question this entire worry and climate change. Forget the politics for a moment if you will. Why, when earth has got so much water (75%), what the hell are we worried about drought for? Why don't we have processing plants in mass to irrigate with? I bet if we gave Musk an incentive to design a process for doing this, it would be done and manufactured within two years at most.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    It was you who started that whole "rake the forest to prevent forest fires" thing?
    I never said anything about "raking the forest". I said that the US has done a very bad job clearing out dead trees and vegetation which provides the FUEL for forest fires. They also have done a bad job of harvesting and thinning trees to make extinguishing fires once started very difficult. I live next to a National Forest and have been pretty close to pretty bad fires.

My entire life has been involved with solving problems and this is no different. Instead of worrying about theoretical massive non solvable stuff, stick with solving problems that can actually work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Watching a PBS show about the WEST. Part of it talked about the Mormon trek from Illinois to Utah and the GREAT SALT LAKE led by Brigham Young. What I thought interesting is the day after Young and his Mormons arrived he and his mates started the conversion process to begin processing salt water into irrigation and start the designing of their farming operation.

This is why I question this entire worry and climate change. Forget the politics for a moment if you will. Why, when earth has got so much water (75%), what the hell are we worried about drought for? Why don't we have processing plants in mass to irrigate with? I bet if we gave Musk an incentive to design a process for doing this, it would be done and manufactured within two years at most.
    I don't know the ins and outs of that, but desalination is being done, something like 16,000 plants around the world. The problem is that they burn a lot of energy and create waste that is toxic to the environment.

For me, it all comes back to one main issue. Overpopulation, there are just too many of us on this planet. We need to find a way to depopulate, of course, without just killing people, but maybe through controlling birth rates.

I think mother nature will take care of the depopulating problem with some encouragement from fossil fuels.

Will Rogers

Robert Louis Stevenson

I don't know the ins and outs of that, but desalination is being done, something like 16,000 plants around the world. The problem is that they burn a lot of energy and create waste that is toxic to the environment.

For me, it all comes back to one main issue. Overpopulation, there are just too many of us on this planet. We need to find a way to depopulate, of course, without just killing people, but maybe through controlling birth rates.
    No doubt rapidly increasing population is a problem in and of itself, but what makes it all the more problematic in terms of the environment, and specifically climate change, is the inevitable increased pressure on energy resources as greater demand emerges when more and more people worldwide seek (understandably) to advance their living conditions.
    Nobody thinks…about anything…ever.

I think the creation a large amounts of brine as a result of desalinization is a major environmental concern.
    Nobody thinks…about anything…ever.

Don't tell him the Salt Lake is drying up. It would ruin the fantasy.

Will Rogers

Robert Louis Stevenson

It is being done but in isolated places and instances and never addressing anykind of world problem, right? I also do not think that we have an over-population problem. I think there is more than enough space on the planet to live easily. It is we human beings who do not think things through properly to have enough space available to live for everyone.

But back to de-salination for a minute. I believe that you are desalinate a helluva lot of salt water without burning fossil fuels to do it. Like I said before. Hire Elon Musk and a few of his fellow geniuses to invent a way of solving the problem using the Oceans of the world for the great source to irrigate with.

I also believe that the way to possibly go about it is to build some nuclear power plants which can be the source of the thermal and electricity demand to remove salt form seawater and produce potable water which can be supplied to the areas who need it.

That, as well as capturing snow pack runoff and rain fall, would solve a helluva lot of mankind's environmental problems.
    Last edited by Bird of Prey; 08-14-2022 at 09:36 PM.

Trump could have used you, another stable genius, on his staff. Would had no problem fitting in.

Will Rogers

Robert Louis Stevenson

Except there is no population problem.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52