Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 199 of 258 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3869
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    need versus want is as American as it gets. At some point, the auto industry will be kicking out affordable vehicles of all sizes that are fuel efficient (EV, whatever it may be). Americans can't help themselves, we need everything big and spacious (watch international House Hunters for example, the space Americans need for anything is hilarious).

A big part of fighting climate change will need to come from a cultural change. Do we really need 3500 sq foot homes and SUVs? Of course not. Are we so used to them it will be difficult to change? Yep.

Again, let's do what we can. Drive smarter cars when possible. Recycle. Cut energy needs anywhere you can. Start thinking about the choices we make, who we work for, who we buy products from, etc.

Example- I am in the transportation industry, and many trucking companies are going down fighting tooth and nail against sustainability. I will simply not work for any company that doesn't support doing things in a better environmental way.

I need to work on my individual contributions when it comes to recycling better, and which companies I buy products from for sure.
    Oh goody,

Hopefully, after the Dems are swept out of office and Biden gets ridden out by his own party, the US will turn to the fossil fuel industry to return the US to sanity regarding energy. What you do is your business but predict you will not have a happy jobs future in front of you. Too many practical minded people that don't give a crap about the nonsense of the SKY IS FALLING end of mankind prophets of impending doom.

I really laughed at your NEED FOR CULTURE CHANGE as in eliminating people's right to buying a 3500 square foot house along with a criminal SUV. HOW DARE THEY YOU YELL. No one needs that kind of space.

I remember reading about after the Communists took over Russia and abolished home ownership and crammed the people into living in about 300 square feet of space per family. You'd be all for that, right, HAWK? The PEOPLE'S ARMY told the Russians that no one needed to live in places with more space and that they were enemies of the USSR and need to go to Re-education camps or Gulags to get their mind's reacclimated to what the People of the Soviet Union need not what they need.

My nephew, Mark is an engineer who worked for a company which had manufacturing plants in China. He described to me about going to the home of the Chinese Plant Manager for dinner there. Now, this was a main honcho of a thousand worker plant in China. BIG MAN so to speak. The home that the guy, his wife, and his one child(one child per family you know), was 800 sq. foot. A tiny kitchen one bedroom, and a little living room/parlor. The bathroom was in the bed room. THIS WAS THE BOSS OF A LARGE FACTORY.

Now then, Hawk, the rest of the workers lived in basically dormitories with common showers and bathrooms and sort of mess halls. Mark, kind of described it like what soldiers in the military deal with in boot camp. Not sure about how many wives and kids facilities are there if any.
    Last edited by Bird of Prey; 08-09-2022 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Oh goody,

Hopefully, after the Dems are swept out of office and Biden gets ridden out by his own party, the US will turn to the fossil fuel industry to return the US to sanity regarding energy. What you do is your business but predict you will not have a happy jobs future in front of you. Too many practical minded people that don't give a crap about the nonsense of the SKY IS FALLING end of mankind prophets of impending doom.

I really laughed at your NEED FOR CULTURE CHANGE as in eliminating people's right to buying a 3500 square foot house along with a criminal SUV. HOW DARE THEY YOU YELL. No one needs that kind of space.

I remember reading about after the Communists took over Russia and abolished home ownership and crammed the people into living in about 300 square feet of space per family. You'd be all for that, right, HAWK? The PEOPLE'S ARMY told the Russians that no one needed to live in places with more space and that they were enemies of the USSR and need to go to Re-education camps or Gulags to get their mind's reacclimated to what the People of the Soviet Union need not what they need.

My nephew, Mark is an engineer who worked for a company which had manufacturing plants in China. He described to me about going to the home of the Chinese Plant Manager for dinner there. Now, this was a main honcho of a thousand worker plant in China. BIG MAN so to speak. The home that the guy, his wife, and his one child(one child per family you know), was 800 sq. foot. A tiny kitchen one bedroom, and a little living room/parlor. The bathroom was in the bed room. THIS WAS THE BOSS OF A LARGE FACTORY.

Now then, Hawk, the rest of the workers lived in basically dormitories with common showers and bathrooms and sort of mess halls. Mark, kind of described it like what soldiers in the military deal with in boot camp. Not sure about how many wives and kids facilities are there if any.
    do you understand what culture is? We can buy a 40,000 sq foot house, but why?

It would benefit us to consume less as humans, and Americans are the worst in the planet. We don't NEED a V8 8 passenger SUV to take the kids to soccer and pickup Walmart. Is it nice to have the space? Of course? But at what cost?

I type all of this knowing you don't feel climate change is real, but it is, we know that, and need to start viewing things with a different perspective.

Regarding the rest, I have been to China a few times. I see how they live. Different culture too (you live with your family your whole life). They don't have the space available we do, and they are just fine. Speaking of your workers live in dorms comment, ever been down south to the bible belt, outside the cities? I was just in Greenwood, MS, and the city is this: all the blacks that work at the plants, service industry, etc, live in deplorable conditions on one side of the river. All the whites live on the other side in huge homes, private schools only they can afford, and racism is out in the open. You don't have to go to China to see the cycle of poverty, it exists right here in the good ol' US.
    Last edited by Hawkeye15; 08-09-2022 at 03:23 PM.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

do you understand what culture is? We can buy a 40,000 sq foot house, but why?

It would benefit us to consume less as humans, and Americans are the worst in the planet. We don't NEED a V8 8 passenger SUV to take the kids to soccer and pickup Walmart. Is it nice to have the space? Of course? But at what cost?

I type all of this knowing you don't feel climate change is real, but it is, we know that, and need to start viewing things with a different perspective.

Regarding the rest, I have been to China a few times. I see how they live. Different culture too (you live with your family your whole life). They don't have the space available we do, and they are just fine. Speaking of your workers live in dorms comment, ever been down south to the bible belt, outside the cities? I was just in Greenwood, MS, and the city is this: all the blacks that work at the plants, service industry, etc, live in deplorable conditions on one side of the river. All the whites live on the other side in huge homes, private schools only they can afford, and racism is out in the open. You don't have to go to China to see the cycle of poverty, it exists right here in the good ol' US.
    Oh ******** about your so called story of Greenwood MS. You just hate the United States calling it racist at every turn.

I guarantee that in your travels to China that you only got shown what the Chinese WANTED YOU TO SEE AND SUGAR COATED EXATLY WHT THEY WANTED TO SHOW YOU ENTIRELY. Did they give you a tour of the Wuhan lab by any chance BTW. How about the Ughar slave labor camps?

China also has more than enough land mass for its people to live a better more private life. THEY DO NOT WANT THAT THOUGH. Their entire system is geared to what is good for Xi and the COmmunist Party and not what is good for its people.

You diss the US and support China. Go live in a dormitory if you will. I live nicely in a 3,000 square foot home on a half acre. I have a nice back yard with a swimming pool and separate spa and is nicely gardened. Spend a lot of time entertaining friends and my kids parties.

Bottom line, I have lived the American dream my entire life and benefitted from my hard work and some good investments to buy what I wanted, retire early, fulfill another dream of teaching and coaching baseball. And yeah, living in a nice home that when sold will make my kids a great amount of money.

Have fun living in the equivalent of a small camper. its just not my thing.

Bottom line, I have lived the American dream my entire life and benefitted from my hard work and some good investments to buy what I wanted, retire early, fulfill another dream of teaching and coaching baseball. And yeah, living in a nice home that when sold will make my kids a great amount of money.
    Goody for you.

And a whole lot of good it’ll do your kids, and especially your grandkids, when the planet is burning up.
    Nobody thinks…about anything…ever.

these guys are acting like a foot of unplowed snow covers much of the US...

There are literally 30-35 states where snow is rarely a factor. And in a state like MN, if you are the 60% of the population that lives in the Minneapolis-St Paul metro, the roads are plowed immediately following any snowfall. So even here, in the tundra, a truck isn't needed by most our population at any time..

Again, of course for work some need a truck. If you live in a mountain area where the roads suck, you likely want a truck. That is what, 5-8% of the entire US? And how much of the mountain area is actually populated?

none of it explains why it feels like 85% of TX residents drive a gas guzzling beast despite the fact that from one side of Houston to the other is like 80 miles of nothing but flat concrete to burn through fuel on...
    Three flakes hit the ground in the south and everyone loses their damn minds.

Oh ******** about your so called story of Greenwood MS. You just hate the United States calling it racist at every turn.

I guarantee that in your travels to China that you only got shown what the Chinese WANTED YOU TO SEE AND SUGAR COATED EXATLY WHT THEY WANTED TO SHOW YOU ENTIRELY. Did they give you a tour of the Wuhan lab by any chance BTW. How about the Ughar slave labor camps?

China also has more than enough land mass for its people to live a better more private life. THEY DO NOT WANT THAT THOUGH. Their entire system is geared to what is good for Xi and the COmmunist Party and not what is good for its people.

You diss the US and support China. Go live in a dormitory if you will. I live nicely in a 3,000 square foot home on a half acre. I have a nice back yard with a swimming pool and separate spa and is nicely gardened. Spend a lot of time entertaining friends and my kids parties.

Why are you so angry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

This is my last post to you, as you demonstrate nothing but childish responses.

Oh no bud, Greenwood MS is segregated and racism is in the wide open, which is something all over Texas and the bible belt that I kind of forgot about after moving away. I have extensive experience in small town TX, LA (ever been to Beaumont? Its a racist dump). Blacks on one side of the river in MS, in shacks ready to fall over, whites in traditional huge homes with massive yards on the other side of the river. The white kids in private schools, the black kids and the trailer trash leftovers in the public schools. This is a reality.

I have been to China 3 times, and twice hung out with a former teammate of mine (teachers son) who lived in Beijing and managed a store. His apartment was maybe 800 sq feet, with 6 people living there. They had no car. That is the typical chinese worker.

Where on earth did I diss the US but support China hahaha? I wouldn't live in China at any cost. Though I would move to Wudan if my family was suddenly gone and just live in the mountains the rest of my life training.

Here is the thing- we get to question our country. I was born here, and have lived here my whole life. I don't have to wander around with the freedoms we have blinded to our weaknesses. Thank god I am white, or my opinion of this country would be exponentially worse. The freedoms we have also allow us to question our government, and demand changes. It allows us to complain. I will flip this around for ya- if you are so adamant about supporting your country with no questions asked, and how dare ANYONE do so, move to N Korea. They have your line of thinking...
    Last edited by Hawkeye15; 08-10-2022 at 09:37 AM.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Why are you so angry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    he doesn't even read the posts. He takes a single tidbit, accuses you of hating Merica, then goes on a patriotic rant. Sometimes throws in god, always lot of CAPS, and then tells you to move.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Three flakes hit the ground in the south and everyone loses their damn minds.
    thank god they have Ford F450s to get through it..

This is my last post to you, as you demonstrate nothing but childish responses.

Oh no bud, Greenwood MS is segregated and racism is in the wide open, which is something all over Texas and the bible belt that I kind of forgot about after moving away. I have extensive experience in small town TX, LA (ever been to Beaumont? Its a racist dump). Blacks on one side of the river in MS, in shacks ready to fall over, whites in traditional huge homes with massive yards on the other side of the river. The white kids in private schools, the black kids and the trailer trash leftovers in the public schools. This is a reality.

I have been to China 3 times, and twice hung out with a former teammate of mine (teachers son) who lived in Beijing and managed a store. His apartment was maybe 800 sq feet, with 6 people living there. They had no car. That is the typical chinese worker.

Where on earth did I diss the US but support China hahaha? I wouldn't live in China at any cost. Though I would move to Wudan if my family was suddenly gone and just live in the mountains the rest of my life training.

Here is the thing- we get to question our country. I was born here, and have lived here my whole life. I don't have to wander around with the freedoms we have blinded to our weaknesses. Thank god I am white, or my opinion of this country would be exponentially worse. The freedoms we have also allow us to question our government, and demand changes. It allows us to complain. I will flip this around for ya- if you are so adamant about supporting your country with no questions asked, and how dare ANYONE do so, move to N Korea. They have your line of thinking...
    First bold: for BOP and his ilk, this is a sad reality they don't see. The only thing they know is what's around them and what is shown to them on their favorite tv channel/website. BOP is described the nice home he bought. Given the views he's shared before, I would imagine his neighborhood isn't very diverse. I would also imagine that his upbringing wasn't very diverse either. If he had been exposed to diverse backgrounds, it is unlikely he would have the views he has now.

Second bold: I think we spoke about this before but I definitely don't want this type of living situation in america. 800 sq ft for 6 people is not okay. We should have a standard of living that is somewhere between this squeezed in scenario and the 4000 sq ft home for a family of 3.

Third bold: this is the insanity with BOP and the GQP overall. They have been fed so many culture war "talking points" that they can't even keep track of them. So if you discuss abortion, they'll scream hilary's emails. If you discuss inflation, they'll scream china. If you discuss climate change, they'll scream CRT. It's either deflection or an insight into the warped and scattered minds of that sheep mentality.

Fourth bold: this is more hypocrisy by the GQP. They will question things like "why should women have choice over their body?" or "why should we teacher racism and slavery as part of history?". At the same time, they don't want anyone to criticize or judge the way the country operates, which currently favors wealthy, white, christian males (no one can deny this with any shred of credible evidence). It's a sick mentality because they yell freedom but only for themselves.

Fifth bold: another good point. They don't realize that their blind support for figures (ie. the tangerine) instead of democracy and freedom actually aligns more with authoritarian regimes like those in China, Russia, and N Korea.

there is no point...

A truck is great if you need to tow something with weight, or live in an area that has snow that sits around. So what about the remaining 80% of people or so?

Otherwise you are being fiscally and environmentally irresponsible. But, we live in a country of choice, and we all know people knowingly make bad choices daily...
    No clue what you are ranting about now.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    No clue what you are ranting about now.
    what do you care? If you are one of the tiny percentage of people left in this country that hasn't accepted climate change is a man made issue, then you can skirt by this and keep on keepin' on...

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    That's terrible. And then they want to complain if food supply is affected.
    There really isn't food supply issues from farms in the winter.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

what do you care? If you are one of the tiny percentage of people left in this country that hasn't accepted climate change is a man made issue, then you can skirt by this and keep on keepin' on...
    I thought you were talking about global warming, no climate change. Can you stop the waffle for a moment?
    Can you present evidence that the change is man made? Not feeling or thoughts, but actual science?

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I thought you were talking about global warming, no climate change. Can you stop the waffle for a moment?
    Can you present evidence that the change is man made? Not feeling or thoughts, but actual science?
    hahahaha

I could, but what is the point? This thread is littered with it, you can google it and find a million articles stretching back to when I was 5 years old on the subject.

But again, what is the point?

Keep on keepin' on..