Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 235 of 258 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 3869
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    What, if any, exercises do you do to keep your back from hurting as you move those goalposts?
    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...7#post34490677

That's the topic. You're welcome.
    Then youíre wrong:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/sci...ess-than-a-day

Hurricane Ian intensified rapidly before making landfall due in large part because the water was hotter than normal due to climate change. The warm water caused the Hurricane to rapidly intensify into a Category 4 in less than 24 hours.

In fact, meteorologists believe thanks to climate change were now in an era of rapidly intensifying storms because of hotter waters due to climate change.

And some of the reasons for that is better tech. Again pretty much the same. Limited data to say anything has increased really. Also able to say a major hurricane is seemingly cyclical in Florida.
    No it isnít. We identified all the hurricanes in the 70ís-90ís; thereís just more now.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Then youíre wrong:

Hurricane Ian intensified rapidly before making landfall due in large part because the water was hotter than normal due to climate change. The warm water caused the Hurricane to rapidly intensify into a Category 4 in less than 24 hours.

In fact, meteorologists believe thanks to climate change were now in an era of rapidly intensifying storms because of hotter waters due to climate change.
    He just likes arguing things no one is arguing. So if you concede the point that major hurricanes happen in Florida (which we all have) is it possible for him to concede the point that the rapid intensification of major hurricanes and the increased frequency of severe weather events has to do with climate change?

I'll take "What is no?" for 200.

the frequency and intensity of hurricanes in FLA are pretty much as the have been demoKKKrat
    Source?

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    Source?
    You said his kryptonite word again.

Stay on topic. Ian is a hurricane. enuff said.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.

Robert Louis Stevenson

Then youíre wrong:

Oh boy.

The current hurricane season had been uncharacteristically mild until about a week ago because of dry air in the Atlantic. Yet while storms aren't necessarily more frequent, they are getting nastier because of global warming, experts say.

"In terms of impacts and climate change, yes, this season could be a harbinger of sort of what is to come," said University of Albany hurricane scientist Kristen Corbosiero. "But it's really hard to say that climate change has an impact on any one storm in terms of its formation or its individual intensity."
    Did you read your article?

A new yet-to-be-published study in a peer-reviewed journal shows that as hurricanes near the coast ó a danger point for people ó
    Storms near the coast are a danger to people. Ya don't say? SMH

storms are intensifying more quickly than ever before, said Karthik Balaguru, a Pacific Northwest National Lab climate scientist who conducted the study.
    What time frame with the current tech are we speaking of?
    "It's more likely because of climate change," he said.
    So not definitive.

No speak of the cyclical nature of these severe Hurricanes happening in Florida either. Thanks for the article. SMH
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

No it isnít. We identified all the hurricanes in the 70ís-90ís; thereís just more now.
    Again, tech is better now. It's not just saying, yep, that is a hurricane. It's the measurements as well of the storm.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    He just likes arguing things no one is arguing. So if you concede the point that major hurricanes happen in Florida (which we all have) is it possible for him to concede the point that the rapid intensification of major hurricanes and the increased frequency of severe weather events has to do with climate change?

I'll take "What is no?" for 200.
    You love that shtick

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    Source?
    you posted it I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You said his kryptonite word again.
    You showed your ignorance again...IIRC he posted it himself.

Oh boy.

Did you read your article?

Storms near the coast are a danger to people. Ya don't say? SMH

What time frame with the current tech are we speaking of?

So not definitive.

No speak of the cyclical nature of these severe Hurricanes happening in Florida either. Thanks for the article. SMH
    I did read the article (way to cutoff the Bolded about a milder season right before until about a week ago by the way).

You ur claim (the one you linked back to) said Hurricane Ian had nothing to do with climate change. It does, even you quoted the article saying it does. Itís intensity due to climate change makes it have something g to do with climate change.

Again, tech is better now. It's not just saying, yep, that is a hurricane. It's the measurements as well of the storm.
    None of this is true. Youíre saying we didnít have the technology to detect hurricanes or determine their intensity? How did they get categories back then I wonder?

You showed your ignorance again...IIRC he posted it himself.
    Says the guy who doesnít believe we could detect hurricanes in 1990

I did read the article (way to cutoff the Bolded about a milder season right before until about a week ago by the way).

You ur claim (the one you linked back to) said Hurricane Ian had nothing to do with climate change. It does, even you quoted the article saying it does. Itís intensity due to climate change makes it have something g to do with climate change.
    All it takes is a week? LOL. Talk about cherry picking.

I actually didn't provide any link IIRC. It was provided by NYY I believe.

Ian has nothing to do with climate change. Your own article said it can't be known.