Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 234 of 258 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 3869
  1. #3496
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    8,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    when factoring in wind strength, storm surge, lives lost, cost to fix, and all other factors, it will be the worst the gulf side has seen. And imagine if we didn't have nearly 200 years of hurricane experience to prepare/build for. It would be even worse.

    Point is, these extreme weather events are becoming more, and more common. And we can link that directly to climate change.
    You mean things cost more today then they did "yesterday?" You mean there are more people in Florida then "yesterday?" You mean there is more structures today then "yesterday?" Really? That's your argument?

    The fact is this severity of hurricane has always happened and seems to happen pretty regularly thus no connection to climate change.

    (Seriously, did you even look at the link that was posted?)
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  2. #3497
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    51,280
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    You mean things cost more today then they did "yesterday?" You mean there are more people in Florida then "yesterday?" You mean there is more structures today then "yesterday?" Really? That's your argument?

    The fact is this severity of hurricane has always happened and seems to happen pretty regularly thus no connection to climate change.

    (Seriously, did you even look at the link that was posted?)
    Is this going to be another one of those threads where you are consistently proven wrong and double down on what brett believes regardless? Rhetorical question btw.

    https://www.c2es.org/content/hurrica...as%20decreased.

    https://mashable.com/article/hurrica...global-warming

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/yalecli...ore-dangerous/

    https://www.npr.org/2022/09/29/11258...an-more-common

    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ricane-season/

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tam...outputType=amp

    Let me guess. You have some radio clip that says otherwise? I can provide more links btw. There's no denying that climate change has caused more severe weather events except if your name is brett.

  3. #3498
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    8,030
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Is this going to be another one of those threads where you are consistently proven wrong and double down on what brett believes regardless? Rhetorical question btw.

    https://www.c2es.org/content/hurrica...as%20decreased.

    https://mashable.com/article/hurrica...global-warming

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/yalecli...ore-dangerous/

    https://www.npr.org/2022/09/29/11258...an-more-common

    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ricane-season/

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tam...outputType=amp

    Let me guess. You have some radio clip that says otherwise? I can provide more links btw. There's no denying that climate change has caused more severe weather events except if your name is brett.
    Can you focus on the topic of Ian and slightly broader hurricanes that hit Florida? Another episode of metswon69....SMH
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  4. #3499
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    51,280
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Can you focus on the topic of Ian and slightly broader hurricanes that hit Florida? Another episode of metswon69....SMH
    Your whole argument is that climate change doesn't cause more significant weather events when it does lol. Was Ian not a hurricane?

    Instead of being obstinate for the sake of doing so, read what is provided to you.

  5. #3500
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    19,717
    He is a lost cause. Once a Trumpster goes feral, they never come back.
    Last edited by WES445; 10-05-2022 at 09:32 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

    Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.

    Robert Louis Stevenson

  6. #3501
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    81,954
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    You mean things cost more today then they did "yesterday?" You mean there are more people in Florida then "yesterday?" You mean there is more structures today then "yesterday?" Really? That's your argument?

    The fact is this severity of hurricane has always happened and seems to happen pretty regularly thus no connection to climate change.

    (Seriously, did you even look at the link that was posted?)
    when you add up all the portions of what makes a hurricane, yep, this is on par with anything they have had, and worse in many cases.

    The ocean level has risen 7" in southwest FL in the last 50 years. Water temps were nearly 3 degrees warmer than normal last week there. Temperatures were 6 degress warmer than average. This is becoming normal, and when you have more water, warmer water, and warmer air, it means more water is drawn in, winds are able to pick up, water surge increases dramatically, and the storm can spread more.

    Yes, we are having more events, and their intensity is growing. Weather is becoming an event now, with many parts of the world already experiencing the destruction of climate change (Middle east is an easy example, as is our SW states as their water shortage has moved into "you are ****ed").

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  7. #3502
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    81,954
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/floridas-...184713828.html

    Sens. Marco Rubio and Rick Scott voted against last year’s bipartisan infrastructure law, which devotes some $50 billion to help states better prepare for events like Ian, because they said it was wasteful. And in August, they joined every fellow Republican in the Senate to oppose a new climate law that invests $369 billion in reducing greenhouse gas emissions, the largest such effort in the country’s history.

    At the same time, Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis has blocked the state’s pension fund from taking climate change into account when making investment decisions, saying that politics should be absent from financial calculations.
    “To not admit that climate change is real and we need to address it bodes nothing but a harm for the future for Florida and the nation,” said Charlie Crist, a former Republican Florida governor who won a House seat as a Democrat and is now challenging DeSantis’ reelection.

    Hurricane Ian is far from the first time Florida has felt the impacts of climate change. In Miami, the rising ocean means streets and sidewalks regularly flood during high tide, even on sunny days. In the Florida Keys, officials are looking at raising roadbeds that will otherwise become impassable.
    What else do the idiots in Florida need to admit something needs to be done? Many of you wonder why liberals laugh at FL, despite the fact they aren't overwhelmingly conservative. Their leaders are a constant joke of a human.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  8. #3503
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    81,954
    furthermore, just looking at a map, Florida hangs out like a hemorrhoid of the US. When you are surrounded by warm water, in the middle of the ocean, you are getting weather. Likely too late (Miami high tide floods the streets), but anyone wanting to move to FL should probably know in about 30 years much of it will be underwater.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  9. #3504
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    8,030
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Your whole argument is that climate change doesn't cause more significant weather events when it does lol. Was Ian not a hurricane?

    Instead of being obstinate for the sake of doing so, read what is provided to you.
    My argument was that Ian was not because of climate change. Why is that so hard for you to actually stay on topic? You move the posts then declare victory. That show is extremely old.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  10. #3505
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    8,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    when you add up all the portions of what makes a hurricane, yep, this is on par with anything they have had, and worse in many cases.

    The ocean level has risen 7" in southwest FL in the last 50 years. Water temps were nearly 3 degrees warmer than normal last week there. Temperatures were 6 degress warmer than average. This is becoming normal, and when you have more water, warmer water, and warmer air, it means more water is drawn in, winds are able to pick up, water surge increases dramatically, and the storm can spread more.

    Yes, we are having more events, and their intensity is growing. Weather is becoming an event now, with many parts of the world already experiencing the destruction of climate change (Middle east is an easy example, as is our SW states as their water shortage has moved into "you are ****ed").
    there is no ocean in Western Florida. It's the Gulf. Has it risen? The land has sunk. https://www.climate.gov/news-feature...ut%20it%20back.

    Again Ian has happened many times before to Florida in the past. Not climate change related.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  11. #3506
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    8,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    furthermore, just looking at a map, Florida hangs out like a hemorrhoid of the US. When you are surrounded by warm water, in the middle of the ocean, you are getting weather. Likely too late (Miami high tide floods the streets), but anyone wanting to move to FL should probably know in about 30 years much of it will be underwater.
    Unless a water barrier is put in place.

    Thankfully the world will have ended long before the 30 year mark. 2031 is a coming.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  12. #3507
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    51,280
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    My argument was that Ian was not because of climate change. Why is that so hard for you to actually stay on topic? You move the posts then declare victory. That show is extremely old.
    Who is arguing that? We know major hurricanes happen and a regular spot for that is Florida. It was like my point about tornadoes happening in tornado alley. The argument is does climate change cause more frequent and severe weather events and the answer is yes. Hurricanes feed off of warmer air and water temperatures so do the math. The hotter it is the larger and more frequent storms tend to be.

    There's plenty of evidence that says as much.

    What would meteorologists and climatologists know though? They only study the weather.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-05-2022 at 10:52 AM.

  13. #3508
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    48,664
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the frequency and intensity of hurricanes in FLA are pretty much as the have been demoKKKrat
    You just admitted it’s more. Slightly the same here meaning not the same because there’s more now.

  14. #3509
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    8,030
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Who is arguing that? We know major hurricanes happen and a regular spot for that is Florida. It was like my point about tornadoes happening in tornado alley. The argument is does climate change cause more frequent and severe weather events and the answer is yes. Hurricanes feed off of warmer air and water temperatures so do the math. The hotter it is the larger and more frequent storms tend to be.

    There's plenty of evidence that says as much.

    What would meteorologists and climatologists know though? They only study the weather.
    What, if any, exercises do you do to keep your back from hurting as you move those goalposts?
    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...7#post34490677

    That's the topic. You're welcome.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  15. #3510
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    8,030
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You just admitted it’s more. Slightly the same here meaning not the same because there’s more now.
    And some of the reasons for that is better tech. Again pretty much the same. Limited data to say anything has increased really. Also able to say a major hurricane is seemingly cyclical in Florida.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •