Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 203 of 231 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 3462
  1. #3031
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    19,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Those who contributed the least to climate change will be the ones who will most suffer the effects.
    Believe me, when I say, those people aren't looking at the western countries fondly on this issue. They are leading the charge for change in the international forum. Add in the colonial attitude our big business interest practice in their countries over the decades, we aren't loved as much as Sluggo believes we are.

    Rightly or wrongly, we will be one of the first to close our borders to those people, the climate refugees.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  2. #3032
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    81,640
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Believe me, when I say, those people aren't looking at the western countries fondly on this issue. They are leading the charge for change in the international forum. Add in the colonial attitude our big business interest practice in their countries over the decades, we aren't loved as much as Sluggo believes we are.

    Rightly or wrongly, we will be one of the first to close our borders to those people, the climate refugees.
    This always cracks me up. The pride level by some (mostly conservatives) in this country is hilarious. So many have this belief that "Merica is the GOAT country!". Like calm down, while it's great compared to Iran or Cuba, please don't act like the US is liked around much of the world, or is better than any other developed country. In fact, we aren't that great of a country. We have been passed in healthcare, education, crime, and any other major metric that defines "great".

    Trust me, I am glad I was born here, I have the freedom to have a great individual life. But acting like Merica is the greatest country on earth is ridiculous.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  3. #3033
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    107,315
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    typical left: Provides data
    reply: Counters with data or tells the tl that the data provided is off topic
    tl: Insists that data was provided
    r: Again reminded that data is off topic
    tl: Complains, rants, name calls, claims victory
    bwhahahahaha!

  4. #3034
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    19,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    long story short, the rich and elite will be the ones left standing. They will start the version of the "new world".
    They do maintain homes on various continents. Now that the ultra-rich are getting spaceships, I'm thinking something is definitely going on that we don't know about. Space ships?

    I hope they aren't thinking that. If came down to building a new world, I whether have Pedro who knows how to work with engines or construction than a program designer or someone who knows how to run a mega company in that new world.

    They are just going to last a little longer. This isn't something that will run its course and we go back to our regular lives afterward.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  5. #3035
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    19,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    This always cracks me up. The pride level by some (mostly conservatives) in this country is hilarious. So many have this belief that "Merica is the GOAT country!". Like calm down, while it's great compared to Iran or Cuba, please don't act like the US is liked around much of the world, or is better than any other developed country. In fact, we aren't that great of a country. We have been passed in healthcare, education, crime, and any other major metric that defines "great".

    Trust me, I am glad I was born here, I have the freedom to have a great individual life. But acting like Merica is the greatest country on earth is ridiculous.
    Same here, it is just some people really believe we are God's gift to the world and the downtrodden and turn around and say "If you aren't down with it, you can leave" Some folks are really locked into that brief and stunt their viewpoint of the world.
    Last edited by WES445; 08-15-2022 at 12:39 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  6. #3036
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    81,640
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    They do maintain homes on various continents. Now that the ultra-rich are getting spaceships, I'm thinking something is definitely going on that we don't know about. Space ships?

    I hope they aren't thinking that. If came down to building a new world, I whether have Pedro who knows how to work with engines or construction than a program designer or someone who knows how to run a mega company in that new world.

    They are just going to last a little longer. This isn't something that will run its course and we go back to our regular lives afterward.
    well, I mean the rich will survive because they have the means to adapt, pickup and move, and spend their way into importance. Obviously the slums are gone first. Coastal cities, anything near the equator as heat is too much. 3rd world countries wouldn't stand a chance.

    Ultimately, population control will fix itself, as there simply won't be enough natural resources. All of us will be long gone, probably our children too. But that day isn't terribly far off in many parts of the globe. In the next 30 years, scientists are now predicting that you won't be able to survive in the south without air condition for example.

    Not to turn this into a doomsday movie haha. But the planet will be fine eventually, but it will either be because we did something about climate change and made drastic changes, or it will be because the planet hit the "rinse" cycle and wiped most of us away as it reset itself.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  7. #3037
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    7,244
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    So climate change doesn't exist? All these things are delusions of the climatologists and left to distract people from more important things? That is what you are saying? Correct me if I am wrong. Please say I am wrong.
    Since none of your "buddies" have the courage to answer, perhaps you do. Can you explain the climate changing elsewhere in the solar system without human intervention?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  8. #3038
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    7,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    This always cracks me up. The pride level by some (mostly conservatives) in this country is hilarious. So many have this belief that "Merica is the GOAT country!". Like calm down, while it's great compared to Iran or Cuba, please don't act like the US is liked around much of the world, or is better than any other developed country. In fact, we aren't that great of a country. We have been passed in healthcare, education, crime, and any other major metric that defines "great".

    Trust me, I am glad I was born here, I have the freedom to have a great individual life. But acting like Merica is the greatest country on earth is ridiculous.
    You as well need to answer why folks keep immigrating here.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  9. #3039
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    81,640
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    You as well need to answer why folks keep immigrating here.
    immigrants built this country. Just because you and your party want to shut the valve off now, doesn't make it a reasonable idea at all. Ever looked into what the 2-3rd generations of immigrants turn out to be?

    But of course you haven't researched it, that was a rhetorical question.

    Also, are you saying that immigrants entering this country is why we are not as great as many conservative Americans believe we are?
    Last edited by Hawkeye15; 08-15-2022 at 02:56 PM.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  10. #3040
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    immigrants built this country. Just because you and your party want to shut the valve off now, doesn't make it a reasonable idea at all. Ever looked into what the 2-3rd generations of immigrants turn out to be?

    But of course you haven't researched it, that was a rhetorical question.

    Also, are you saying that immigrants entering this country is why we are not as great as many conservative Americans believe we are?
    Iím guessing heís trying to say if the US isnít so great then why does everyone immigrate there. Iíve heard this argument from the Murica is the best crowd before. They donít ever consider that other western countries have people going there too. Any and every developed nation has immigrants trying to get in. The US isnít special in this regard at all. It doesnít even have the highest percentage of immigrants.

  11. #3041
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    81,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Iím guessing heís trying to say if the US isnít so great then why does everyone immigrate there. Iíve heard this argument from the Murica is the best crowd before. They donít ever consider that other western countries have people going there too. Any and every developed nation has immigrants trying to get in. The US isnít special in this regard at all. It doesnít even have the highest percentage of immigrants.
    ah, that angle makes way more sense. Yeah I mean of course there are terrible countries world wide, where people are looking to escape. They don't all come to America...many relocate to Europe, etc. Most in fact go to where their population is already established. For those south of America's borders, we are simply the easiest opportunity country to get to.

    Again, all perspective. America compared to Mexico? Omg give me America 10/10 days. America compared to Iceland, or Sweden? Give me those 2 any day. And the responses you get are, "Then move there commie!". Um, no, I was born here, and raised here, with the freedom to question our government constantly. So I am exercising my right, just like they are doing so by buying 30 guns for "home protection".

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  12. #3042
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    7,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    immigrants built this country. Just because you and your party want to shut the valve off now, doesn't make it a reasonable idea at all. Ever looked into what the 2-3rd generations of immigrants turn out to be?

    But of course you haven't researched it, that was a rhetorical question.

    Also, are you saying that immigrants entering this country is why we are not as great as many conservative Americans believe we are?
    You need to re-read your post, my reply, and this above to see you are lost.
    I will help.
    You attacked America and I gave evidence as to why you are wrong.
    Try again.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  13. #3043
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,485
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    You need to re-read your post, my reply, and this above to see you are lost.
    I will help.
    You attacked America and I gave evidence as to why you are wrong.
    Try again.
    Saying immigrants come to America isnít evidence that the US is the greatest country

  14. #3044
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    ah, that angle makes way more sense. Yeah I mean of course there are terrible countries world wide, where people are looking to escape. They don't all come to America...many relocate to Europe, etc. Most in fact go to where their population is already established. For those south of America's borders, we are simply the easiest opportunity country to get to.

    Again, all perspective. America compared to Mexico? Omg give me America 10/10 days. America compared to Iceland, or Sweden? Give me those 2 any day. And the responses you get are, "Then move there commie!". Um, no, I was born here, and raised here, with the freedom to question our government constantly. So I am exercising my right, just like they are doing so by buying 30 guns for "home protection".
    Iceland is amazing! Went there in May. Best trip Iíve had

  15. #3045
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    7,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Iím guessing heís trying to say if the US isnít so great then why does everyone immigrate there. Iíve heard this argument from the Murica is the best crowd before. They donít ever consider that other western countries have people going there too. Any and every developed nation has immigrants trying to get in. The US isnít special in this regard at all. It doesnít even have the highest percentage of immigrants.
    Given the number of countries and sheer numbers we take in both legally and illegally in addition to being the #1 country by a long shot in applications, the US is #1 for immigration. It's not even close to Germany which would be a distant #2.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •