Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 96 of 125 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1871
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It always blows my mind that after all the ways in which man has impacted the planet, people don’t think we’re capable of impacting the climate.
    In what ways have we impacted the planet on a global scale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "But yeah...this is the BLM era and the Dems are running a mass incarceration ticket." ManRam

The first group are called scientists and the second group are called layman.
    Good thing scientists are always right. Now we can all rest easier knowing we are in the very clambake hands of this who claimed we were going through a new ice age in the 70’s or didn’t wash their hands before surgeries because they didn’t know about bacteria.

Good thing those guys are still in charge.

And before you say I am anti-science, know that I believe a great many things that science has done and is doing… but I don’t fall down and worship at their feet.

"But yeah...this is the BLM era and the Dems are running a mass incarceration ticket." ManRam

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    In what ways have we impacted the planet on a global scale?
    Is this a joke? There have been thousands of species we have driven to extinction. We have literally created artificial lakes and islands all over the globe. We almost covered an entire continent in radioactive poison if we didn’t stop what we did. We have put so much garbage in the ocean there is now a floating patch the size of Texas in it. We have measurably increased the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere.

We have had a massive global impact on the planet.

Good thing scientists are always right. Now we can all rest easier knowing we are in the very clambake hands of this who claimed we were going through a new ice age in the 70’s or didn’t wash their hands before surgeries because they didn’t know about bacteria.

Good thing those guys are still in charge.

And before you say I am anti-science, know that I believe a great many things that science has done and is doing… but I don’t fall down and worship at their feet.
    There is no scientist today that doesn’t know about bacteria. In fact, the only reason we know about bacteria or to wash our hands before surgery is because of scientists. If we listened to layman, we’d still not know about them…

I’d trust scientists over layman when it comes to science.

I think the only reason you believe or disbelieve certain things science has done is whether it contradicts your pre existing political opinions. What other reason do you have to doubt science on this matter and not on the others?
    Last edited by valade16; 07-29-2021 at 05:05 PM.

Did I miss the part where private business said they were paying for it?

Did I miss the part where Miami and private businesses were messing with ridiculously valuable land for no reason at all?

Good thing scientists are always right. Now we can all rest easier knowing we are in the very clambake hands of this who claimed we were going through a new ice age in the 70’s
    This is a myth.

https://journals.ametsoc.org/view/jo...bams2370_1.xml

It's also a ridiculous straw man.

The first group are called scientists and the second group are called layman.
    Definitely not the word I would have chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    The first post asks for leadership in a crisis.

The second post was suggesting things to address these problems

I don't see what more you need to expand on.
    OK, I am not sure any of this is a crisis as you have stated and the link I provided that you choose not to review indicates.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Has meantime ever actually argued that the climate doesn’t change? I mean, I know that there is an argument about whether man cause it or not… but everyone has always realized that some seasons are wetter than others. Some are hotter than others. Some have more storms, hurricanes, tornados. Everyone has always acknowledged this, yes everyone.

So what good does it do to show proof that waters are receding? Or temps are highs? Or rainfall is down?

I’m willing to listen about how man has affected these things to any significant degree and I’m willing to talk about how we can negate it.

My mindset is that it is unavoidable and always has been. We need to find ways to adapt. Cause I think this world is gonna do what this world is gonna do.

100%

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    OK, I am not sure any of this is a crisis as you have stated and the link I provided that you choose not to review indicates.
    You just aren't my go-to guy for environmental issues, I got way far better sources for that, like the people living thru this, climatologists who explain what is happening, the massive die-off of sea animals on the west and east coast.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-30-2021 at 10:12 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

You just aren't my go-to guy for environmental issues, I got way far better sources for that, like the people living thru this, climatologists who explain what is happening, the massive die-off of sea animals on the west and east coast.
    If you could show that it's something more than what has always happened would love to read that.

OK, I am not sure any of this is a crisis.
    I am.

A January 2020 BioScience — endorsed by over 11,000 scientists worldwide — stated that "the climate crisis has arrived" and that an "immense increase of scale in endeavors to conserve our biosphere is needed to avoid untold suffering due to the climate crisis."

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I am.

A January 2020 BioScience — endorsed by over 11,000 scientists worldwide — stated that "the climate crisis has arrived" and that an "immense increase of scale in endeavors to conserve our biosphere is needed to avoid untold suffering due to the climate crisis."
    So numbers does not make right as you know.

That said, there is no link to saying this is something that hasn't always happened.

If you could show that it's something more than what has always happened would love to read that.
    I notice people have provided data before and you just ignore it or said numbers don't make it right, or this all happen before in some bygone era, so no, I will not waste my time or yours.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

I notice people have provided data before and you just ignore it or said numbers don't make it right, or this all happen before in some bygone era, so no, I will not waste my time or yours.
    Yep. I have personally given him dozens of sources on how it’s man made. He wouldn’t love to read them because he didn’t the first time.

Page 96 of 125 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast