Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 200 of 231 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 3462
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    There really isn't food supply issues from farms in the winter.
    https://climatechange.chicago.gov/cl...nd-food-supply

More extreme temperature and precipitation can prevent crops from growing. Extreme events, especially floods and droughts, can harm crops and reduce yields. For example, in 2010 and 2012, high nighttime temperatures affected corn yields across the U.S. Corn Belt, and premature budding due to a warm winter caused $220 million in losses of Michigan cherries in 2012

Climate change may increase the prevalence of parasites and diseases that affect livestock. The earlier onset of spring and warmer winters could allow some parasites and pathogens to survive more easily. In areas with increased rainfall, moisture-reliant pathogens could thrive.

Some marine disease outbreaks have been linked with changing climate. Higher water temperatures and higher estuarine salinities have enabled an oyster parasite to spread farther north along the Atlantic coast. Winter warming in the Arctic is contributing to salmon diseases in the Bering Sea and a resulting reduction in the Yukon Chinook Salmon, Finally, warmer temperatures have caused disease outbreaks in coral, eelgrass, and abalone.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/12/polit...ion/index.html

Just six weeks from his winter wheat harvest, Brian Brooks feels defeated.
    He's staring down 4,000 acres of barren soil across his farm in southeast Colorado, dried out by a brutal drought that could soon drive food prices even higher.
    "You walk through here and it's so frustrating to see all of your hard work blown away," Brooks said. "If grandad were still here ... I'm sure he'd have flashbacks to the [1930s]."

Seventy-one million crop acres, from the Great Plains to the Pacific, are in a severe drought. That's 22% of the nation's crops, according to the American Farm Bureau.

I'm doubting that you read any of that, but for those who did:

It sucks that changing climate around the country and globe are affecting our food supply all year round. If this doesn't get fixed, we're going to start hearing the word "rations" a lot more often.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post

More extreme temperature and precipitation can prevent crops from growing. Extreme events, especially floods and droughts, can harm crops and reduce yields. For example, in 2010 and 2012, high nighttime temperatures affected corn yields across the U.S. Corn Belt, and premature budding due to a warm winter caused $220 million in losses of Michigan cherries in 2012

Climate change may increase the prevalence of parasites and diseases that affect livestock. The earlier onset of spring and warmer winters could allow some parasites and pathogens to survive more easily. In areas with increased rainfall, moisture-reliant pathogens could thrive.

Some marine disease outbreaks have been linked with changing climate. Higher water temperatures and higher estuarine salinities have enabled an oyster parasite to spread farther north along the Atlantic coast. Winter warming in the Arctic is contributing to salmon diseases in the Bering Sea and a resulting reduction in the Yukon Chinook Salmon, Finally, warmer temperatures have caused disease outbreaks in coral, eelgrass, and abalone.

He's staring down 4,000 acres of barren soil across his farm in southeast Colorado, dried out by a brutal drought that could soon drive food prices even higher.
    "You walk through here and it's so frustrating to see all of your hard work blown away," Brooks said. "If grandad were still here ... I'm sure he'd have flashbacks to the [1930s]."

Seventy-one million crop acres, from the Great Plains to the Pacific, are in a severe drought. That's 22% of the nation's crops, according to the American Farm Bureau.

It sucks that changing climate around the country and globe are affecting our food supply all year round. If this doesn't get fixed, we're going to start hearing the word "rations" a lot more often.
    without pulling the data, I know for a fact that the 15 month drought we have had in Minnesota, crushed soybean and other products farmers last season, and this season.

We also rely on snow to give us our baseline for the spring. We had minimal snow this year, so the ground received very little baseline moisture to start the season.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    without pulling the data, I know for a fact that the 15 month drought we have had in Minnesota, crushed soybean and other products farmers last season, and this season.

We also rely on snow to give us our baseline for the spring. We had minimal snow this year, so the ground received very little baseline moisture to start the season.
    Sorry to hear that. Here's more evidence, this time anecdotal. But still, the evidence of climate change's effects is overwhelming.

However, since the solution requires resources, idiot politicians have made this a political issue in which you need to pick sides. Like many other issues, they've brainwashed their base to believe misinformation. The most idiotic is when we have a cold day and they go "how about that global warming, eh?"

hahahaha

I could, but what is the point? This thread is littered with it, you can google it and find a million articles stretching back to when I was 5 years old on the subject.

But again, what is the point?

Keep on keepin' on..
    So that's a NO.
    Thanks.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

And ALL of that, has nothing to do with plowing roads in rural areas.
    You should be so proud.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

So that's a NO.
    Thanks.
    Why do you think so many scientists and experts believe in it?

So that's a NO.
    Thanks.
    for you it's a hell no

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

And ALL of that, has nothing to do with plowing roads in rural areas.
    You should be so proud.
    Although this post was in response to your stupid claim of "no food supply issues in the winter", it was meant for the grown ups in the thread.

Isn't it snack time or play time for you?

for you it's a hell no
    That's his favorite line. It's just trolling. If he actually believed any of the nonsense he spews he would back it up with detailed responses supported by evidence, like the rest of us.

That's his favorite line. It's just trolling. If he actually believed any of the nonsense he spews he would back it up with detailed responses supported by evidence, like the rest of us.
    "I know you, and like 15 others, have provided information throughout this thread, but I need to see another link that I won't pay attention to, then call you a name, and belittle your party".

Sound about right?

"I know you, and like 15 others, have provided information throughout this thread, but I need to see another link that I won't pay attention to, then call you a name, and belittle your party".

Sound about right?
    Bingo

Lot of rain falling in the south. Heavy rain in So Cal. How much of that water gets collected and saved? why isn't the US doing something about that?

HAHAHHAHAHHAHHHAHHAHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHHHAH

"detailed responses supported by EVIDENCE"

So that's a NO.
    Thanks.
    I use to have to go to the library, go thru the card catalog, and hunt down the book or article to look up something. Today, two clicks and you are there.

Either you're trolling for cheap thrills or you are the laziest little bugger I have ever seen.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    HAHAHHAHAHHAHHHAHHAHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHHHAH

"detailed responses supported by EVIDENCE"
    babylonbee