Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 76 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1871
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Really? I am paid to observe and report my findings to Drs. I have observed some troubling symptoms from the president and have stated my observations as such. I feel he displays symptoms of a dementing illness. Note, I do not claim that he is suffering from a dementing illness, only that he displays signs and symptoms of such.
    Your insult to my profession is highly unprofessional of anyone.
    You appear to have no respect for anyone that does not affirm your stance on issues.
    No Doctor would say it’s OK to state in your medical opinion that someone you’ve never met is displaying symptoms.

It’s a wonder you go to work, why don’t you just go ahead and tell the Doctors what is wrong with their patients from the comfort of your home since apparently actual contact isn’t necessary.

I have no respect for a nurse who displays unethical behavior. In the legal professional you could face consequences for behaving unethically. I imagine it’s the same for nurses.
    Last edited by valade16; 07-26-2021 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    It's this the part where I point out that I brought up The Goldwater Rule a couple pages back? I doubt he even looked up what that was though, so maybe you'll have better luck.
    You’d figure such an expert medical professional like him would know of it.

By the way, I am not attempting to diagnose Biden (it would be contrary to the Goldwater Rule). I am simply stating a professional opinion of the observations I have made of him. Signs and symptoms are easy to observe from afar. I have not said that I feel that Biden is suffering from any specific illness, just that he shows troubling symptoms.

By the way, I am not attempting to diagnose Biden (it would be contrary to the Goldwater Rule). I am simply stating a professional opinion of the observations I have made of him. Signs and symptoms are easy to observe from afar. I have not said that I feel that Biden is suffering from any specific illness, just that he shows troubling symptoms.
    That is also in violation of the Goldwater rule. You’re not supposed to state someone is exhibiting symptoms in your medical opinion of a public figure you’ve never or treated.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You’d figure such an expert medical professional like him would know of it.
    Yes, I know about the Goldwater Rule. I have not attempted to diagnose Biden, I simply state a professional opinion on the outward signs and symptoms I have observed from his public behavior.

No, you are not supposed to diagnose someone without personal examination. When did I attempt to diagnose Biden? I am simply stating that he displays some troubling signs and symptoms.

No, you are not supposed to diagnose someone without personal examination.
    No, it literally says you’re not supposed to offer a professional opinion. Not that you’re not supposed to diagnose, but offer a professional opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    No, it literally says you’re not supposed to offer a professional opinion. Not that you’re not supposed to diagnose, but offer a professional opinion.
    I am not allowed to express a professional opinion of what I see? Interesting. OK I will not offer further opinions on Biden's cognitive status.
    Here is what the Goldwater Rule actually states:
    "psychiatrists have a responsibility to participate in activities contributing to the improvement of the community and the betterment of public health, but they should not give a professional opinion about public figures whom they have not examined in person, and from whom they have not obtained consent to discuss their mental health in public statements.[2] It is named after former US Senator and 1964 presidential candidate Barry Goldwater.[3][4]"
    I am not a psychiatrist. I am a nurse, a trained professional observer. Psychiatrists are not to attempt to diagnose someone from afar. I am not diagnosing anyone, simply stating a professional opinion on observations.
    Carry on.
    Last edited by catman; 07-26-2021 at 10:35 PM.

And, by the way, we have gotten quite a way from the initial theme of this thread. Lets get back on the initial topic -- the environment.
    I have said for the record that we need to do more to clean up our environment. I have stated that an international agreement to slow down CO2 emissions without forcing China and India to comply will be worthless.

Don't say people have dementia when you're woefully unqualified to do so - and it would be highly unethical to even if you were - and maybe we'd still be talking about the environment.

I agree. As a nurse, I try to bring some laughter to my residents' days. They appreciate the levity.
    I'm glad to be of service to you.
    I am sure I will return the flavor.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Don't say people have dementia when you're woefully unqualified to do so - and it would be highly unethical to even if you were - and maybe we'd still be talking about the environment.
    I have never said that anyone has dementia here, only that Biden shows troubling signs and symptoms of one suffering with a dementing illness.
    If you are going to accuse me of something, at least accuse me of something I have done.

I have never said that anyone has dementia here, only that Biden shows troubling signs and symptoms of one suffering with a dementing illness.
    If you are going to accuse me of something, at least accuse me of something I have done.
    Thought you weren't going to talk about it any more?

"The thing we may have to accept is that red states really like this pandemic and want to keep it.”" - @LOLGOP

I'm not. I am simply correcting an incorrect accusation.
    And by the way, who are you to judge someone's qualifications on this subject? What medical school did you graduate from? What MSN program have you graduated from?
    Unless and until you provide me with this documentation, you are in no position to pass judgement on my qualifications.
    Last edited by catman; 07-27-2021 at 12:18 AM.

It wasn't incorrect.

And holy **** this has infected two different threads. Maybe you should change your username to Gish Gallop.

"The thing we may have to accept is that red states really like this pandemic and want to keep it.”" - @LOLGOP

Page 76 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast