Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 137 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2212
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I understand. I am an active environmentalist. I have helped clean up riversides and clear brush from a river that caused it to flood regularly. I actively recycle as much as I can and buy only recycled paper products, even though they are slightly more expensive.
    I do not go "all-in" with the current agreements, as they are not universally enforced. I have posted current figures on who emits the most CO2 and it is frightening to see how much some countries that are not in compliance with the Paris Accords contribute to the total.
    Can't control what others do, but doing the right thing for its own sake is good enough for me. Who knows if leading by example might encourage other to follow earlier than if we do otherwise. Also we have economical pressure to bear on some.

But you are right it won't matter much unless others follow suit, I don't gear what I do by what others are or aren't doing.
    Last edited by WES445; 10-17-2021 at 01:03 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

I hope you care. Between the 2 countries, they produce nearly 40% of the global CO2 emissions. If they do nothing, little that we do will actually help a whole lot.
    You care more about a gotcha game with China than you do the environment.

Come on. What about China?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

As the climate change section of the current bill is eviscerated, keep in mind that annual fossil fuel subsidies in the US continue to benefit those traditional producers of fossil fuels; the subsidies amount to over billion dollars annually (649 billion in 2017 according to the latest International Monetary Fund report).

https://www.eesi.org/files/FactSheet...idies_0719.pdf

Interesting read on the potential health crisis resulting from climate change as the US prepares for the COP26 meeting in Glasgow.

Here’s one excerpt: “The extreme heat, combined with the extended drought — which climate change has its fingerprints all over — triggered a record-breaking wildfire season in the western U.S. in 2020. It’s a trend that’s continued into 2021. And in July 2021, wildfire smoke from California’s massive Dixie fire reached as far east as Maine, impacting air quality across the East Coast. This contributed to New York City having its worst air quality in 15 years. …The Pacific Northwest heat wave in June of 2021 was found by climate scientists to be virtually impossible without climate change. It was a catastrophic mass-casualty event estimated to have led to over 600 excess deaths in Washington and Oregon in a week. And there were more than 70 times the number of heat-related emergency department visits when compared to that same time period in 2019.”

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/sto...20211022%20(1)

The use of coal worldwide is still increasing:
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/world...trk=fb&tsrc=fb

The use of coal worldwide is still increasing:
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/world...trk=fb&tsrc=fb
    China?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    China?

Do you want to dispute it? Comment on it? Or provide anything relating to his point. Or are you going to be you and just say china because you think that is some form of conservative gotcha thing?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Do you want to dispute it? Comment on it? Or provide anything relating to his point. Or are you going to be you and just say china because you think that is some form of conservative gotcha thing?
    Yes, let's take your lead and make sure our replies are always respectful, intelligent, and on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yes, let's take your lead and make sure our replies are always respectful, intelligent, and on topic.
    I'm pretty certain ewing can speak for himself. Thanks for your worthless opinion though.

I'm pretty certain ewing can speak for himself. Thanks for your worthless opinion though.
    I'm certain catman can speak for himself, too.

Edit: Eh.. certain may be too strong of a word there.

"`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

`Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I'm certain catman can speak for himself, too.

Edit: Eh.. certain may be too strong of a word there.
    And what are you inferring? I am trying to post on-topic items only to see posts like the last few?
    Do you wish to dispute the findings of the story? If so, by all means do so.

None of the above. I’m just making fun of Catman

And what are you inferring? I am trying to post on-topic items only to see posts like the last few?
    You poor victim.

"`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

`Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

Your post is on topic, and the addiction to coal is one of many alarming challenges facing the world’s leaders. If the figures are accurate — and I have no reason to believe they are not — China (among others) needs to be held accountable. However, this is a double-edged sword in light of the American addiction to cheap consumer goods from China (and India).

Added to this is the inference from the later charts which show the need to lower the world’s reliance on natural gas, which has increasingly replaced coal as an energy source for the US.