Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 154 of 171 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2561
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Wildfires is an interesting subject. Three Democrat run states had the largest numbers and most damage to life and property in history. Wonder why? Because the three idiot governors in charge along with the Democrats in charge of the state legislatures refuse to take forest management, culling the old vegetation and building additonal water reservoirs. Why is that? Because they do not care about the loss of life and property. They would rather save a two inch fish than properly irrigate the land. And why would they irrigate the land when they would rather import food from Mexico and South America(even China) than to support the food, lumber, and fishing industries in their own states(most of the people involved in those industries don't vote Democrat you see).
    It's like they didn't even try raking the forest.

"I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.”" - @SarahLongwell25

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    That’s why Trump had them racked at double time.

Just pointing out the incompetence of Democrat governors in the Western States. Culling forests is needed and the governors are too afraid of the Green people to do anything about it.

Just pointing out the incompetence of Democrat governors in the Western States. Culling forests is needed and the governors are too afraid of the Green people to do anything about it.
    You should send them some rakes. Help them get started, you know?

"I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.”" - @SarahLongwell25

Green people hate rakes!

None of what you said is true. Western states are larger by area, generally more forested, and have a lower population density. These are why you see more forest fires in the West. Why you are seeing more intense and more frequent ones (everywhere, not just the West by the way), is because of Climate Change.

Saying we need to manage our forests better is about as ridiculous as saying the South and NE get all those hurricanes because they need to manage the Ocean better. You don't see any Tsunami's hitting the West Coast, the South SUCKS at managing their Oceans!

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    You can make up anything you like to attribute to me. It's what a middle schooler does.
    and use rakes.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-14-2022 at 03:17 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    None of what you said is true. Western states are larger by area, generally more forested, and have a lower population density. These are why you see more forest fires in the West. Why you are seeing more intense and more frequent ones (everywhere, not just the West by the way), is because of Climate Change.

Saying we need to manage our forests better is about as ridiculous as saying the South and NE get all those hurricanes because they need to manage the Ocean better. You don't see any Tsunami's hitting the West Coast, the South SUCKS at managing their Oceans!
    Yes, the climate change that has always happened. Including, forest fires.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Weak answer.

Never in modern history has there been this many forest fires and flooding across the globe. Google the stories about the sea overtaking islanders in the south pacific. I dare you to google the level of climate catastrophes that we are experiencing now.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Weak answer.

Never in modern history has there been this many forest fires and flooding across the globe. Google the stories about the sea overtaking islanders in the south pacific. I dare you to google the level of climate catastrophes that we are experiencing now.
    Why do you insist on such a tiny period of time? You're secretly a Cub fan, right?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Why do you insist on such a tiny period of time? You're secretly a Cub fan, right?
    Been an openly Cub fan all my life since the time when Willie Mays and Pete Rose were playing the game. A homer thru thick and thin.

The only reason I looking at a tiny period of time, if you are talking about now, is because it hasn't happened before in modern times. How many times has Lake Mead fallen so low? Never since it was built. How many times have the Western States have fears that the Colorado River won't meet their needs? Never. Talk of serve water ration? Never.

Unless you can find another small slice in time that rivals what is happening now, globally, I will be willing to view it. Modern times and being on this planet, that is.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-15-2022 at 11:53 AM.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Been an openly Cub fan all my life since the time when Willie Mays and Pete Rose were playing the game. A homer thru thick and thin.

The only reason I looking at a tiny period of time, if you are talking about now, is because it hasn't happened before in modern times. How many times has Lake Mead fallen so low? Never since it was built. How many times have the Western States have fears that the Colorado River won't meet their needs? Never. Talk of serve water ration? Never.

Unless you can find another small slice in time that rivals what is happening now, globally, I will be willing to view it. Modern times and being on this planet, that is.
    Sorry about your team.

Ok, enough with that stupid side diversion.....Climate has always changed. Fires have always happened. Same with Tornados and Tsunamis. You just want to speak of the most recent times because it's the only way to say there are issues. Sorry, it's called Earth and these events are part of the planet.

Sorry about your team.

Ok, enough with that stupid side diversion.....Climate has always changed. Fires have always happened. Same with Tornados and Tsunamis. You just want to speak of the most recent times because it's the only way to say there are issues. Sorry, it's called Earth and these events are part of the planet.
    I like how you think everybody on the climate change side doesn't take this into consideration before making their claims. Do you really think that climatologists are ignorant of these things and that you know more than they do? I am pretty sure anything you come up with they can counter.

Once again some show me another slice of time where we have had these problems? Not that it happened, please get off that. everyone knows that forest fires and flooding occur, but not at this intensity, size, and frequency.

This last part if done properly would shut my arse up. Is that enough incentive for you to google the Islander's problems in the south pacific or do a deep dive into the issue?
    Last edited by WES445; 01-15-2022 at 12:39 PM.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Tell that to the people who lost their homes and businesses in wildfires because of the state government not culling the forests of underbrush and other old vegetation. Out here in the land of fruit and nuts, our idiot governor is a prime example of not giving a crap about the loss of life, and damage to the victims of wild fires. He is also the first person to cite "global warming" as the cause of everything. When Trump came out to see the damage done and talked to the victims as well as the Forest Management state personnel he emphasized the common sense actions that the state should take to greatly reduce these tragedies. Naturally, nothing in this state does with the environment makes any sense.

So, we are having a fairly wet cold(for us) winter thus far. If this continues, then the overgrown forests will once again erupt in flames, more homes and businesses wiped out, global warming will be blamed, etc. And NOT ONE TANGIBLE ATTEMPT will be done to SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

We need Elon Musk to take over and solve this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post

This is pretty funny and ironic. Right now the entire west coast of California is under Tsunami alerts. Beaches are closed across the state. Due to a undersea volcano that erupted in the South Pacific(Tonga?)