Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 157 of 171 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2561
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    So true, thus the labeling he gets.
    I have never denied being conservative, but a party that has Donald Trump as its leader is not one I want to belong to.
    As I have said to others, I believe that we need to do more to clean up our environment. We cannot just give it lip service.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    As I have said to others, I believe that we need to do more to clean up our environment. We cannot just give it lip service.
    And remind me, where do you think measures addressing human-induced climate change stand in your assertion that “we need to do more to clean up our environment”?

I have never denied being conservative, but a party that has Donald Trump as its leader is not one I want to belong to.
    You can understand being a conservative why we peg you as a republican. You will still support the Republican ticket over a Democratic one.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

....but he voted for Tulsi!

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    And remind me, where do you think measures addressing human-induced climate change stand in your assertion that “we need to do more to clean up our environment”?
    If I need to explain further, perhaps it is your perception that needs adjustment.

You can understand being a conservative why we peg you as a republican. You will still support the Republican ticket over a Democratic one.
    I do? There are many factors that I use to judge a candidate. Political party is not one of them. I did not support Joe Biden as I did not think he would do a good job of running the country. This appears to have been proven, thus far. I did not support Donald Trump either time he was on the ballot, as I did not think he would do a good job, either.
    Just because I criticize Biden does not mean I am a "Trumper". It means I want better for the country.

I do? There are many factors that I use to judge a candidate. Political party is not one of them. I did not support Joe Biden as I did not think he would do a good job of running the country. This appears to have been proven, thus far. I did not support Donald Trump either time he was on the ballot, as I did not think he would do a good job, either.
    Just because I criticize Biden does not mean I am a "Trumper". It means I want better for the country.
    I criticize the hell out Biden a while back, but no one here confuses me for a Republican. just saying. I am more pissed about the continued wave of incompetent or donor-restricted Presidents and Congressional members who fail to right this ship while our problems get bigger and more insurmountable. Our intense political tribalism is killing us as well. Anytime you have one party shouting down a first lady when she suggests kids drink more water than sugary drinks, you know you are on the road to wacky town. And Sarah Palin made a point of buying big jugs of sugary drinks for her kids to flip off the first lady. I can understand why Michelle wouldn't touch the oval office. It isn't about reality anymore, but the spin you can put on reality even downright deny reality if that works better. Blame the political system for Trump and Biden. It is bound to keep kicking out inferior candidates. If we want better for this country, we can't keep doing and supporting the same things that got us here.

We are just switching one set of clowns for another batch of clowns.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

If I need to explain further, perhaps it is your perception that needs adjustment.
    It was a serious question, which, by the way, has nothing whatsoever to do with my percenptions.

I did not want to label you a “climate-change-denier” if you are not (I know Brett is, for example). But this site has a crappy search mechanism, and I could not find your stated position upon making an admittedly cursory search.

So, in light of your snarky response, I’ll assume you are one and ask whether you believe that the climate is part of the “environment” you constantly claim you are for cleaning up?

Short answer, Crovash -- yes.

I criticize the hell out Biden a while back, but no one here confuses me for a Republican. just saying. I am more pissed about the continued wave of incompetent or donor-restricted Presidents and Congressional members who fail to right this ship while our problems get bigger and more insurmountable. Our intense political tribalism is killing us as well. Anytime you have one party shouting down a first lady when she suggests kids drink more water than sugary drinks, you know you are on the road to wacky town. And Sarah Palin made a point of buying big jugs of sugary drinks for her kids to flip off the first lady. I can understand why Michelle wouldn't touch the oval office. It isn't about reality anymore, but the spin you can put on reality even downright deny reality if that works better. Blame the political system for Trump and Biden. It is bound to keep kicking out inferior candidates. If we want better for this country, we can't keep doing and supporting the same things that got us here.

We are just switching one set of clowns for another batch of clowns.
    All us Democrats must look the same. Me a white guy in my 30’s is easily mistakable for you or anyone else on our side.

I’m the one who defends Biden and worships the ground he walks on, not you. LOL

Looks like Ted Cruz is going to be looking to book flights to Cancun early.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Too small a timeframe to what? BOP said California doesn’t know how to manage their forests. If it’s a California problem, how come a dozen other states are experiencing the same problem?
    who said it's only a CA problem?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    In their defense, both BoP and valade were focusing on California and its statewide response.

But to set the record straight, the fires are related to climate change and climate change is worldwide. Maybe certain effects of it are being felt more in certain areas of the world, but overall it affects more than California and more than the US.

As for fire threats, they are real, whether in California or elsewhere. Addressing their causes will involve a great deal more than raking up the underbrush — not to say that certain mitigating actions like raking are entirely useless endeavors, but they may only be of minimal value in light of the overall problem.
    Last edited by Crovash; 01-31-2022 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    The conservative media who likes to attack California over everything.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The conservative media who likes to attack California over everything.
    In fairness, they deserve to be called out over just about everything.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52