Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 156 of 171 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2561
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    My God, man, shake yourself. What does Oklahoma have to do with ANYTHING? I live in California and know how screwed up the various governors of BOTH PARTIES have been and are. The property value difference between California and Oklahoma are huge.
    What do the property values have to do with anything?

I am pointing out that California is by no means an outlier when it comes to forest fires, and the frequency and size of their fires are not a result of their poor forest management.

Next you'll be claiming the reason it's so hot in Florida is because Florida has bad "temperature management." Or Iowa has bad "Tornado management"

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post

I am pointing out that California is by no means an outlier when it comes to forest fires, and the frequency and size of their fires are not a result of their poor forest management.

Next you'll be claiming the reason it's so hot in Florida is because Florida has bad "temperature management." Or Iowa has bad "Tornado management"
    When you figure out how to manage a tornado, let the National Weather Service know. I'm sure they will be quite interested.
    I read something from USA Today about the Earth's core cooling faster than people thought it was. We will end up like Mars with a solid core, making this planet uninhabitable.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...dy/6576214001/

You'd better stick to talking about something that you know something about, whatever that might be. You sure do not know anything about the way they mismanage the environment that they are gifted with.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    When you figure out how to manage a tornado, let the National Weather Service know. I'm sure they will be quite interested.
    I read something from USA Today about the Earth's core cooling faster than people thought it was. We will end up like Mars with a solid core, making this planet uninhabitable.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...dy/6576214001/
    Fortunately for us the prognosis is millions, if not billions, of years from now. I think we are safe.

Unlike climate change.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Fortunately for us the prognosis is millions, if not billions, of years from now. I think we are safe.
    That is what they said. The Earth's core is cooling far quicker than was originally thought. We could end up with a solid core like Mars has relatively quickly.
    This said, I agree that we need to do more to clean up our environment. The natural warming cycle will cause the ice caps to melt quickly enough.

That is what they said. The Earth's core is cooling far quicker than was originally thought. We could end up with a solid core like Mars has relatively quickly.
    This said, I agree that we need to do more to clean up our environment. The natural warming cycle will cause the ice caps to melt quickly enough.
    relatively quickly in the astronomy sense, which again is hundreds of millions of years. We are in no virtually no danger of our core cooling during humanities existence on this planet. Global Warming is already having detrimental effects today. One is a way bigger priority than the other.

relatively quickly in the astronomy sense, which again is hundreds of millions of years. We are in no virtually no danger of our core cooling during humanities existence on this planet. Global Warming is already having detrimental effects today. One is a way bigger priority than the other.
    Could be much worse. We could be entering an Ice Age. There is no danger to mankind from what is happening now with this very slight upward movement in the earth's temperature. Worry about China, India, Africa and the toxics that they spew at the heart of their own economies. But to think that the US should waste one penny to spend on carbon taxes, shutting down it oil and gas industries, according to some paid for conclusions reached by "scientists" who are paid off by the green idealogues and politicians is a huge mistake.

When you're talking about something on the "billions of years" scale, the expansion of sun is going to render much of that moot anyway. Our orbit may not be swallowed up, but we'll be like Mercury if it isn't, and no amount of inner dynamo is going to save the planet from that.

"I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.”" - @SarahLongwell25

Something that might or might not happen in millions of years is why we shouldn't take action to prevent something coming before the turn of the century. If that ain't classic GOP logic, I don't know what is.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Something that might or might not happen in millions of years is why we shouldn't take action to prevent something coming before the turn of the century. If that ain't classic GOP logic, I don't know what is.
    Did you not read my post? I specifically said that we need to do more to clean up our environment. I'm not a GOPer anyway, so I guess I should not really care what you say about them.

Did you not read my post? I specifically said that we need to do more to clean up our environment. I'm not a GOPer anyway, so I guess I should not really care what you say about them.
    You're not, yet you latch on to and regurgitate most all of their talking points.

Odd.

So true, thus the labeling he gets.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

I read your post and it included a lot of "this, this, and that are out of our hands" and concluded with "yea let's clean off the ducks" level of activism for attempting to stop or reverse climate change. Our actions have an incredibly high impact on the climate and we can take real steps to make it more hospitable for our children and grandchildren.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

So you haven't read my posts in this thread then. Gotcha.
    I always say that we need to do more to clean up our environment. What part of that don't you understand?