Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 212 of 231 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 3462
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan555 View Post
    Instead of asking your asinine questions, just get to your point. If you have a point to make about greenhouse gases, just state it and try to support with more than "i just know" or a google search link.
    Clearly conversation with you is more hope and prayer. I'll save my prayer time for something else.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    stats aren't absolute unless result driven. But acting like they mean nothing in this case is absolutely irresponsible. It would be like you, and 96 others in your line of work agreeing on something, 3 people don't, and someone from the outside says who knows nothing about the subject, "Those 97 are wrong".

Would that make sense? How would you approach that person, or would you just shake your head and move on?
    You research the data.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Clearly conversation with you is more hope and prayer. I'll save my prayer time for something else.
    I see....you don't have a point.

Feel free to make your point and support it anytime.

I see....you don't have a point.
    You are just discovering that now?
    Nobody thinks…about anything…ever.

I'll ask you the same question, what is the number one greenhouse gas?
    What do you mean by #1? Most plentiful? Biggest contributor to climate change? What man emits the most?

Also, why do you think so many scientists, who study and are experts in this area, believe man is heavily contributing to global warming?

He wants someone to say water. Like that’s relevant.

-Stork

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    What do you mean by #1? Most plentiful? Biggest contributor to climate change? What man emits the most?

Also, why do you think so many scientists, who study and are experts in this area, believe man is heavily contributing to global warming?
    Again what is the #1 greenhouse gas. What is the gas that has the most influence on our climate?

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    He wants someone to say water. Like that’s relevant.

-Stork
    Water as in water vapor in the atmosphere? What does that have to do with anything? Just because it’s the most plentiful greenhouse gas in the ozone doesn’t mean adding others can’t cause problems.

No matter how much alcohol you consume you’ll still have more blood in your system, but enough alcohol in there can kill you all the same…

Water as in water vapor in the atmosphere? What does that have to do with anything? Just because it’s the most plentiful greenhouse gas in the ozone doesn’t mean adding others can’t cause problems.

No matter how much alcohol you consume you’ll still have more blood in your system, but enough alcohol in there can kill you all the same…
    Yes, water vapor…I should have been more specific.

And yep, I agree.

-Stork

Again what is the #1 greenhouse gas. What is the gas that has the most influence on our climate?
    The most plentiful greenhouse gas is water vapor. The one currently changing our climate the most is CO2 followed by Methane. Is that what you were asking?

Again, why do you think so many scientists, who study and are experts in this area, believe man is heavily contributing to global warming?

The most plentiful greenhouse gas is water vapor. The one currently changing our climate the most is CO2 followed by Methane. Is that what you were asking?

Again, why do you think so many scientists, who study and are experts in this area, believe man is heavily contributing to global warming?
    And I have to ask why do you offer this asshat anything resembling a serious question?
    Nobody thinks…about anything…ever.

While I agree that the cost of EVs should be reduced, they are hardly unaffordable. There are several new cars under 30K and then there's the used car market which makes things affordable as well.

The new law also reclassifies them as "clean vehicles" rather than EVs to include more than just plug in cars.

Large companies and corporations have proven time and time again that if given the financial break, they'll use it to enrich themselves rather than do whats right for people, such as increasing supply. This rebate for the people will actually help to increase the number of EV purchases and help the environment.
    Supply at the lower levels is much harder to come by. And I havent seen the rebate structure but usually it'll scale depending on the cost. So a $30k cost may only get $3k back while a $80k Tesla with the upgrades can get like $8k back. So still a good chance those rich people benefit more (since more new EV shpuld be available than used).

I am fine with a rebate structure in the future, but after the supply issue is addressed (to make it more feasable to make the transition).

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    And I have to ask why do you offer this asshat anything resembling a serious question?
    Fair question

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Supply at the lower levels is much harder to come by. And I havent seen the rebate structure but usually it'll scale depending on the cost. So a $30k cost may only get $3k back while a $80k Tesla with the upgrades can get like $8k back. So still a good chance those rich people benefit more (since more new EV shpuld be available than used).

I am fine with a rebate structure in the future, but after the supply issue is addressed (to make it more feasable to make the transition).
    The car companies should reinvest some of their profits back into the supply. But we know they won't do that and we also know that tax breaks or bailouts just mean stock buybacks or other means to enrich the executives. If there were another solution to address the supply that won't leave open the possibility of greed then I'm all for it.

The car companies should reinvest some of their profits back into the supply. But we know they won't do that and we also know that tax breaks or bailouts just mean stock buybacks or other means to enrich the executives. If there were another solution to address the supply that won't leave open the possibility of greed then I'm all for it.
    Considering this is a government initiative, shareholders wont be willing to give up profits to help the government meet its goals.

You can structute the money in the form of grants that only are given are met when certainthresholds occur so not like its just free money to executives. Ie you get x million only for progress in R&D, etc.