Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 209 of 231 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3462
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    There are many that don’t. There are many, many more that do.

Let’s start with this: do you think more scientists believe climate change is man made or do more think it’s not?
    Let's start with a better premise. Does the number of people agreeing on something have any basis with the truth of anything?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Let's start with a better premise. Does the number of people agreeing on something have any basis with the truth of anything?
    No. A thing is either true or not.

Now answer my question: do you think more scientists believe climate change is man made or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    not to mention we aren't the only animal that relies on natural resources....you start removing natural habitat of animals, many die or migrate to another area causing an imbalance there.

We could actually learn to live without carbon emissions that are heating up the planet, causing major droughts and warmer temperatures too....If you are worried about the economy, whats worse? A short hit now, or devastation later?
    I agree with you for sure. Environmental impact of depleted Great Lakes would be devastating to other species and the entire eco system.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I agree with you for sure. Environmental impact of depleted Great Lakes would be devastating to other species and the entire eco system.
    you are onto something though. Moving forward, we likely don't want to build a large city in an area that has literally no water supply haha.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    No. A thing is either true or not.

Now answer my question: do you think more scientists believe climate change is man made or not?
    Thanks. You are right it does not matter to the truth how many agree with it. What is true is true.

More scientists would say there are other main causes. Has man contributed to it? Yes, scientists, most, would say yes.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Well, if we were talking about religion, the answer is almost always no.

If we are talking about science, the answer is almost always yes.
    Last edited by Crovash; 08-17-2022 at 01:46 PM.
    Nobody thinks…about anything…ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Well, if we were talking about religion, the answer is a definitive no.
    But, with religion, while many people believe in A religion, there is not an agreement on which religion is correct.

You were probably the kid that tried to site google or yahoo as a source in school. Or you're just adding to the douche lore that is the brett story.

Even the links in that google search don't take away from the fact that the majority of scientists in the field agree that climate change is mostly influenced by humans.

If you have evidence to the contrary, please provide it. Otherwise you get tossed in the loony bin with the rest of the conspiracy theorist red hats.

The first link.

A colorful cast of characters has made a living out of denying the science of climate change. These so-called “experts” often start out their statements with “I’m not a climate scientist, but…” before launching into a series of carefully rehearsed talking points meant to confuse the public on the climate change issue. Many of them are well-paid operatives of organizations like The Heartland Institute, CFACT, and Americans for Prosperity, which take contributions from fossil fuel corporations — including ExxonMobil,the Koch Brothersand their company Koch Industries — who seek to delay or block any substantial government policy initiatives meant to curb fossil fuel emissions or hasten the rapid growth of cheaper, cleaner sources of energy like wind and solar power.

Below is a list of ten of the most prominent climate deniers working actively to mislead the public and delay policy action to address climate change.
    And from the third link:

Since the results are not verifiable, there is no way to know how many signers have actually earned a degree.

Do '31,000 scientists say global warming is not real'? Maybe. But more importantly what is the significance of these signatures? The majority of signatures are engineers (10,102). 3,046 are in medicine. 2,965 are in biology, biochemistry and agriculture. 4,822 in chemistry and chemical engineering.

Without formal training in climate science the level of understanding remains unknown among those that signed the petition. A key question is not how many of those that signed the petition know climate physics in sufficient depth, but rather how many of those that signed the petition work directly in the field of climate science.
    And the fourth link:

Those 3% of scientific papers that deny climate change? A review found them all flawed
    Brett really got the libtards this time! "So many scientists doubt anthropogenic climate change; here's a bunch of links dunking on them!"

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

Why?
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    The first link.

And from the third link:

And the fourth link:

Brett really got the libtards this time! "So many scientists doubt anthropogenic climate change; here's a bunch of links dunking on them!"
    Here's the thing. When these sheep link their "evidence" it's usually garbage or it ends up disproving their point.

But i'm sure Brett will say one of the following:

- I'm not going to do the research for you <-- classic avoidance
    - None of that is true <-- straight up denial
    - A random insult

These are the defaults because these fools just believe whatever their facebook feed shows them.

Beyond the fact that brett05's link actually hurts his argument, I just love the fact that he shared a Google search result for "climagte change".

Quote Originally Posted by wes445 View Post
    why?
    zee

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Beyond the fact that brett05's link actually hurts his argument, I just love the fact that he shared a Google search result for "climagte change".
    Did you expect anything less? Do you want him to read that **** between deliveries?

Of course not; all I can do is point and laugh.