Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast
    CHI-NA

c

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    China's 27% of global emissions does not concern either of you guys? I must say that I am not surprised, but I am quite disappointed.
    Of course it concerns me, Iíve said it numerous times. The only thing Iím disappointed about is you jumping to conclusions.

If you don't trust them, why are you making a huge point of them being part of the Paris Accords? Unless and until I see them actually do something to curb their pollution, I will not be at all impressed by the Accords. They appear to be only a paper agreement that will end up costing us a great deal of money and accomplish nothing of merit.

If you don't trust them, why are you making a huge point of them being part of the Paris Accords? Unless and until I see them actually do something to curb their pollution, I will not be at all impressed by the Accords. They appear to be only a paper agreement that will end up costing us a great deal of money and accomplish nothing of merit.
    I didnít make a huge point, I just pointed out saying China and India are not apart of the accords is factually inaccurate.

So you think we need a more stringent agreement?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Of course it concerns me, Iíve said it numerous times. The only thing Iím disappointed about is you jumping to conclusions.
    I am not jumping to conclusions at all. I am paying attention to the reality of the situation. China has entered into many agreements and failed to comply with most of them. I do not expect them to comply with this agreement.
    Unless and until the Chinese comply, this agreement is worthless.

I didnít make a huge point, I just pointed out saying China and India are not apart of the accords is factually inaccurate.

So you think we need a more stringent agreement?
    Yes, we need an agreement with real enforcement ability. This agreement is worthless.

Yes, we need an agreement with real enforcement ability. This agreement is worthless.
    100% a waste of our tax dollars.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    100% a waste of our tax dollars.

So if the exact same agreement were made but there was international enforcement against countries that donít hit reduction levels youíd be for it? If it mandated China had to decrease emissions but also included everything we agreed to do under the agreement?

If we have to have an agreement, it must have some real teeth. Fines and economic sanctions for non-compliance are essential.

For instance, inability to borrow from the standard international organizations, increasing interest rates on current debt, etc.

For instance, inability to borrow from the standard international organizations, increasing interest rates on current debt, etc.
    I agree that the rest of the world should be doing a lot more to hold China accountable for their behavior.

So if the exact same agreement were made but there was international enforcement against countries that donít hit reduction levels youíd be for it? If it mandated China had to decrease emissions but also included everything we agreed to do under the agreement?
    Yup.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

If China is living up to the accords, why do they have the most emissions in the world, by over 16% over the US and over 20 % over the EU27? It sounds like they are only trying to placate people like you.
    I think it's working

https://youtu.be/HL7o6np84pg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Its definitely working. You appear to be supporting China in this situation.

I agree that the rest of the world should be doing a lot more to hold China accountable for their behavior.
    Yes. See the posts of several on this board. They do not appear to want to hold China accountable for anything.

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast