Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 197 of 199 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199 LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 2980
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    You have winter tires? Chains too?
    I drive awesome in Winter. Thanks.
    Cars can only do so much no matter who the driver is.
    My Honda Accord does great in the Minnesota winters. Of course there are 7-8 times I wouldn't take it out, but I probably wouldn't drive at all in a massive snow storm. Not unless I absolutely had to.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    not where I live it isn't. We are plowed and rolling within hours of a large storm. And good luck finding any metro area that has longer winters than I do.

I get your point, trucks can help in snow if it's bad. How much of the country actually faces that? And furthermore, pickups are WAY more common down south, where they don't even get snow.

Anyways, enough about who and what drives better in winter. I am only stating, I live in an area where more than half the year is winter many years, and my Honda is my mode of choice 90% of the time.
    Key word: plowed

He is claiming that small cars are good in a foot of UNplowed snow. They just aren't.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

I have all season. Winter tires are for extreme areas that have constant snow pack. Which is literally less than 1-2% of the entire US.
    All seasons work good too but I’m out in the country a lot on gravel roads that don’t get cleared as well

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post

He is claiming that small cars are good in a foot of UNplowed snow. They just aren't.
    I’ve done it quite a few times and no issues.

My Honda Accord does great in the Minnesota winters. Of course there are 7-8 times I wouldn't take it out, but I probably wouldn't drive at all in a massive snow storm. Not unless I absolutely had to.
    You keep missing the point. You accord doesn't move in a foot of snow.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

ding ding
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

You keep missing the point. You accord doesn't move in a foot of snow.
    there is no point...

A truck is great if you need to tow something with weight, or live in an area that has snow that sits around. So what about the remaining 80% of people or so?

Otherwise you are being fiscally and environmentally irresponsible. But, we live in a country of choice, and we all know people knowingly make bad choices daily...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

there is no point...

A truck is great if you need to tow something with weight, or live in an area that has snow that sits around. So what about the remaining 80% of people or so?

Otherwise you are being fiscally and environmentally irresponsible. But, we live in a country of choice, and we all know people knowingly make bad choices daily...
    To be fair, SUVs have basically replaced minivans for larger families and I'm sure they are similar in terms of fuel efficiency. Not to mention, people feel safer in larger vehicles. I don't mind people driving SUVs. It does get a little bit ridiculous though when you see people drive Escalades, Expeditions, Suburbans and Yukons though. Like what do you have a small circus back there?

And Texas is always going to be a pickup truck state. I get it. There's a lot of work that is done from those vehicles.

A lot of that is on the auto industry. They do their market research. They know more people buy SUVs now than ever before. They could make them more environmentally friendly than they are. They just don't.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Does snowfall explain why there are so many trucks in the South?
    There’s no need for a truck with the snowfall we get in the south.

Republican state treasurers are taking steps to punish companies that they say are unduly focused on environmental issues. West Virginia state treasurer Riley Moore recently used a new state law to ban five Wall Street firms (among them Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan) from doing business with the state, because the companies were distancing themselves from the coal industry.

Lawmakers in other states, including Kentucky and Oklahoma, have already passed laws that resemble the one in West Virginia, and in more more states, legislators are at work on similar bills.

These efforts to penalize companies seem to be part of a larger push by Republican treasurers to promote fossil fuels and thwart climate action at both the federal and state levels.

Effective short-term strategy enabling a long-term mess (but that is the Republican mantra, and the masses dutifully bow).
    Last edited by Crovash; 08-06-2022 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Republican state treasurers are taking steps to punish companies that they say are unduly focused on environmental issues. West Virginia state treasurer Riley Moore recentlyt used a new state law to ban five Wall Street firms (among them Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan) from doing business with the state, because the companies were distancing themselves from the coal industry.

Lawmakers in other states, including Kentucky and Oklahoma, have already passed laws that resemble the one in West Virginia, and in more more states, legislators are at work on similar bills. These efforts to penalize companies are part of a larger push by Republican treasurers to promote fossil fuels and thwart climate action at both the federal and state levels.

Effective short-term strategy enabling a long-term mess (but that is the Republican mantra. and the masses dutifully bow).
    The state republicans, openly at their donors request, are actually going to try f the earth to death to support their donors' bottom line.

Shows how much big business control politic and how their political toadies run around doing their bidding.

Another thing I am sure they believe we, the common folks, just have to live with like mass shooting or inflated gas prices. Record profit during another national crises.

I guess I just going to look foolish in saying these guys must be stopped. Capitalism never care about Democracy as much as they do their profit margins. Everything is a tool to that end. Politic or religion, it doesn't matter.
    Last edited by WES445; 08-06-2022 at 11:54 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    I’ve done it quite a few times and no issues.
    Pfft. Most of these people have no idea what it is to drive in snow. Years of practice will do that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Pfft. Most of these people have no idea what it is to drive in snow. Years of practice will do that for you.
    You could have 1000 years experience driving in snow and it still wouldn't change the fact that small cars are not good for driving in a foot of unplowed snow.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

You could have 1000 years experience driving in snow and it still wouldn't change the fact that small cars are not good for driving in a foot of unplowed snow.
    I live on the east coast and you definitely can't get through a foot of snow with a small car....it's like cement. On the other hand, the wife and I spent a weekend in Jasper, BC in the Rocky Mountains. It snowed a foot up there one night and it was no problem for the car we had rented.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk