Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Good for them. Now they need to drastically improve the taste of their burgers.
    yeah, what threw me off was...why do they have cattle, do they even use beef?

It's funny for me, too, because in the early 90s I personally boycotted Burger King because at the time they were the most known chain raising beef on rainforest that had been clear cut for it....making it worse, land like that will only sustain cattle for so long before they have to move them, meaning clear cutting yet another bunch of rainforest.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

My oh my, what a shocker: the fossil fuel industry loves the Trump Administration (and supports it to the tune of many millions). But of course they get nothing in return....

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-fuel-industry

and a massive ice shelf in Canada breaks off
    https://www.businessinsider.com/cana...llapsed-2020-8

but yeah, global warming is total bull ****

Add in the heat wave that has spread from the Arctic Circle to greenland, Iceland and europe, I don't see how climate change is true. Baghad Iraq had a 125 temp the other day.

I hate to inflict a slow death on any living organism, let's just nuke the whole earth and put paid on the war against environment.
    Last edited by WES445; 08-10-2020 at 12:53 PM.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Add in the heat wave that has spread from the Arctic Circle to greenland, Iceland and europe, I don't see how climate change is true. Baghad Iraq had a 125 temp the other day.

I hate to inflict a slow death on any living organism, let's just nuke the whole earth and put paid on the war against environment.
    I'm not against space exploration....especially things they're doing on the ISS
    But had we spent the billions we've spent going to the moon, sending satellites to see the rings of Saturn, looking at colonizing Mars, and all that......and used that money to reduce and correct our impact here...we wouldn't be needing those Star Trek explorations.

Beam me out Scotty!

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    But had we spent the billions we've spent going to the moon, sending satellites to see the rings of Saturn, looking at colonizing Mars, and all that......and used that money to reduce and correct our impact here...we wouldn't be needing those Star Trek explorations.

Beam me out Scotty!
    That's a seperate issue tho.

I agree with your sentiment, but studying Mars specifically could be well worth it. I feel like one of these planets has some sort of insane metal or something that could potentially be a game changer for mankind.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    That's a seperate issue tho.

I agree with your sentiment, but studying Mars specifically could be well worth it. I feel like one of these planets has some sort of insane metal or something that could potentially be a game changer for mankind.
    Ummm. No?

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post

Beam me out Scotty!
    I've always felt the same about this country's exploration of space. It's neat and it's interesting but how has it actually advanced our society in a way that is anything close to worth the money invested in this kinda stuff?

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

https://theintercept.com/2020/08/13/...l-biofuel-son/

Sigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Round and round she goes. Where she lands, nobody knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Round and round she goes. Where she lands, nobody knows.
    Round and round it goes. Where it lands, nobody knows.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Round and round it goes. Where it lands, nobody knows.
    This is the 21st century. It now prefers to identify as a she.

Well, this is the 21st century and I suppose we're both wrong:

Never refer to a person as “it” or “he-she”. These are offensive slurs used against trans and gender non-conforming individuals.
    https://uwm.edu/lgbtrc/support/gende...uns%20in%20use.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I've always felt the same about this country's exploration of space. It's neat and it's interesting but how has it actually advanced our society in a way that is anything close to worth the money invested in this kinda stuff?

The space race developed out of the nuclear arms race, when I grew up with the Cuban missile crisis, the ducking under our desk, practicing going into bomb shelters it was a real threat. Practice civil defense warning horns /sirens going off. Add the Viet Nam war where we escalated a lot of new war plans and systems after the war. This race started in the 50's.

The highway systems we have today was developed because Eisenhower never wanted to have problems with materiel movement in a time of war again ( lots of issues in WWII). Before the highways system most national freight moved on trains.

A lot of the technology we use today evolved from the space race and the arms race, maybe some of it would have been developed anyway but some of the technology and materials weren't needed on earth. Would we have cellular networks if we didn't have an accurate space delivery system? Microwave ovens?

Would PC's be as fast or software as robust if we didn't need to solve these massive math problems? We did our first Cellular One job in 1992, for payment on a change order they traded us a a bag phone and two brick size phones.
    It was just a keypad and a speaker. I think we paid .79 cents a minute.

Our first engineering HP 9000 workstation came with 4 megs of ram and a 15 meg HD (25k). The software we used reps told us we would never need more ram. A year later I paid $2,995.00 for 1 MEG of ram I needed.

The 1964 worlds fair in NY had all kinds of futuristic devices from phones with screens to flying cars.

I don't think its as simple a dollar spent here would have been better if the dollar was spent somewhere else.

A dollar to a school or hospital or improving education is completely different than a dollar to a manufacturer which back in the 70-90s a dollar to manufacturing resulted in 3 to 4x dollars being spent locally which both have a different impact than just giving someone a dollar in benefits.

Those are the next decisions don't develop certain new technology and put the money some where else.

How come nobody talks about population growth as part of the environmental problem anymore?
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast