Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What Will the Sixers Do?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade for Kawhi and sign Lebron

2 18.18%
  • Trade for Kawhi and sign George

1 9.09%
  • Sign Lebron and sign George

0 0%
  • Sign Lebron

2 18.18%
  • Trade for Kawhi

2 18.18%
  • Sign George

1 9.09%
  • Strike out on all 3

3 27.27%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Vote on the Big 3 scenarios for this offseason

Letís put it to a vote. Are we gonna hit on George, Lebron or Kawhi? Get two of them? Or strike out on all 3? We have a lot of competition for these guys. What do you think will happen?

Assume a sign and trade is a given if needed in a scenario to land two of them.

1) Trade for Kawhi and sign Lebron
    2) Trade for Kawhi and sign George
    3) Sign Lebron and sign George
    4) Sign Lebron only
    5) Trade for Kawhi only
    6) Sign George only
    7) Strike out on all 3

What do you think?
    Last edited by sixer04fan; 06-14-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Kawhi is one of my favorite 2 way players ( also Klay Thompson ) so I'm ALL IN!!

Sign a George.

Kawhi, Murray, and 18th pick FOR Fultz, Covington, TLC or Korkmaz, 10, 26, and 38th picks this year,2019 1st, and 2021 1st. Lets Do this LOL!!

Going to say strike out.

I think PG and LeBron to LA and Leonard stays in SA.

PG isnít coming here in any scenario.

LEbron is only coming if PG stays in OKC. I think itís a toss up between Houston and Philly though in that scenario.

Most likely is we wind up with just Leonard. Not a bad consolation prize though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Going to say strike out.

I think PG and LeBron to LA and Leonard stays in SA.

PG isnít coming here in any scenario.

LEbron is only coming if PG stays in OKC. I think itís a toss up between Houston and Philly though in that scenario.

Most likely is we wind up with just Leonard. Not a bad consolation prize though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why do you think Paul George wouldnít come here? Lack of rumors?

I get itís home but they arenít going anywhere with him unless lebron comes. And Iím banking heís going to Houston.

George will make all the money he wants, play in a great city and play with two, hopefully three, young studs that complement him perfectly. We literally have the perfect paul George placeholder keeping his spot warm. And we played okc hard both times. He has to respect that.

1) Trade for Kawhi and sign Lebron - I think this is the most likely combo move of the offseason.
    2) Trade for Kawhi and sign George - Other than 7 this is the least likely, mostly because other than George taking a meeting with us, there hasn't been enough to think he's that interested.
    3) Sign Lebron and sign George - I'm not sure how we would pull this off without major major moves to the team to create cap.
    4) Sign Lebron only - I'm going to vote for this one because it's the most likely to happen. He admires Simmons and Embiid. I've heard he holds Brown in high regards. I've also heard he's interested in our advancements in player care, and as he gets older he wants more of that around. He also likes the way we handled Embiid with letting him not always participate in practice, and feels that they would be willing to make similar concessions to him.
    5) Trade for Kawhi only - This is the second most likely IMO. I think if we miss on Lebron, we're jumping on the phones right away and looking to get Kawhi. He's IMO the best fit of the three that we could get.
    6) Sign George only - I just don't see how we convince him unless Magic royally screws up the pitch.
    7) Strike out on all 3 - With Brett having a bigger say, I'm getting the impression that he won't let this happen.

PROCESSING

i just want Leonard, i dont need PG or Lebron if we had Leonard. We would have a monstrous big 3 who fit like a glove so just add solid depth and shooting around them.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

If the Spurs and Kawhi do agree to go separate ways I really only see a couple teams as viable options...

1. Lakers- Kawhi from LA, is said to want to play in a bigger market, could team with LeBron or PG13 or CP3 or 2 of those 3? But what assets do they have to trade? Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Randle? Would Popovich trade him within the Western Conf.?
    2. Sixers- Gets him to a big market, there's the connection with the doctor he's been seeing being a Sixers guy, Brett Brown connection, gets to play with Simmons and Embiid and be an instant title contender. Assets we could trade - Fultz, Dario, Covington, #10 pick. I'd think Popovich would be much more comfortable sending Kawhi to the East and to good friend BB.
    3. Celtics- Bigger market than SA, very strong team, plenty of assets to trade - Jaylen Brown, Rozier, Kyrie?, SAC '19 pick, I don't see them moving Hayward, Tatum, or Horford. Would suck for Sixers if they are able to get him.

I think those are kind of the only teams that would give up big packages for Kawhi because they'd have a strong chance at resigning him after this season. Other teams can't afford to give up as much for a potential rental. Personally, I'd only give up a lot from the Sixers perspective if he agrees to an extension first. I won't risk giving up assets like Fultz, Dario, RoCo, or #10 if there's a chance he could walk and leave us with nothing. Truth be told, he's a perfect fit though, and if he comes I really think LeBron is coming too.

"Sixers fans... get excited!" - Drew Hanlen

Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Why do you think Paul George wouldnít come here? Lack of rumors?

I get itís home but they arenít going anywhere with him unless lebron comes. And Iím banking heís going to Houston.

George will make all the money he wants, play in a great city and play with two, hopefully three, young studs that complement him perfectly. We literally have the perfect paul George placeholder keeping his spot warm. And we played okc hard both times. He has to respect that.
    I think the focus on our end will be KL and LBJ. Not so much he won't want to come here, but more so we prioritize elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I think the focus on our end will be KL and LBJ. Not so much he won't want to come here, but more so we prioritize elsewhere.
    its been reported a few time we will make an offer to PG
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Ehh..Do we really need to move all of that for a player that has openly said he intends to leave SA? One that we could sign outright next season.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    its been reported a few time we will make an offer to PG
    Woj - Kawhi prefers LA as the destination...

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    sounds like a lot to pay with or without an extension. The Spurs lost all leverage with this and I heard they dont want to trade him to the west. Id give up Cov, 10, 26, Kormy, and one of Fultz Dario but im still hesitant to lose either. Remember star players havent been going for much these days.
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast