Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: What Will the Sixers Do?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade for Kawhi and sign Lebron

    2 18.18%
  • Trade for Kawhi and sign George

    1 9.09%
  • Sign Lebron and sign George

    0 0%
  • Sign Lebron

    2 18.18%
  • Trade for Kawhi

    2 18.18%
  • Sign George

    1 9.09%
  • Strike out on all 3

    3 27.27%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Philly born and raised
    Posts
    20,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    They'd have to move either Hayward, Kyrie Irving, or Al Horford. Hayward would probably be most likely involved, but he literally played five minutes last season. How do they look if they move him after one season? Ton of talent towards the future so maybe it doesn't matter regardless.

    Would the Spurs want Kyrie where he could opt out after next season and walk away for nothing..full on knowing he probably has eyes set on a large market.

    Then you have Horford, who the Spurs may want, but he's making 60 million over the next two seasons. You'd have Murray - Brown - Kyle Anderson - LMA - Horford, they'd have a shot at the playoffs with Pop at the helm.
    How would they look? I donít think thatís a thing. How did they look after trading Thomas after what he did for them. I think theyíd look like a team trying to win a title.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,256
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Going to say strike out.

    I think PG and LeBron to LA and Leonard stays in SA.

    PG isnít coming here in any scenario.

    LEbron is only coming if PG stays in OKC. I think itís a toss up between Houston and Philly though in that scenario.

    Most likely is we wind up with just Leonard. Not a bad consolation prize though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For what reason would LeBron go to LA? I donít understand the reasoning behind anyone thinking thatís viable in LeBronís mind.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    49,241
    So a good on I heard was someone talking about the situation and they said to basically take the shot of trading for Kawhi before free agency. Let the Lakers panic, bring in PG13, maybe Lebron. They'll end up appeasing to those guys and signing a bunch of guys and not have the cap to pursue Kawhi next year.

    In the mean time you have had Kawhi in house for a year to convince him and his uncle of your situation, your place in the market, and you can give him more money than anyone else.

    PROCESSING

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    15,550
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    So a good on I heard was someone talking about the situation and they said to basically take the shot of trading for Kawhi before free agency. Let the Lakers panic, bring in PG13, maybe Lebron. They'll end up appeasing to those guys and signing a bunch of guys and not have the cap to pursue Kawhi next year.

    In the mean time you have had Kawhi in house for a year to convince him and his uncle of your situation, your place in the market, and you can give him more money than anyone else.

    As long as Fultz isn't involved I think that'd be ok.

    Dario is good but has a clear ceiling. Same for Covington. Fultz has no ceiling at the moment and there's no situation in which I'm trading him for Kawhi even if Kawhi were to sign an extension, nevermind hoping and praying he does after the fact.

    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    17,295
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    How would they look? I donít think thatís a thing. How did they look after trading Thomas after what he did for them. I think theyíd look like a team trying to win a title.
    I think that's a very very different situation..

    IT was given a good situation with a defensive roster that needed a prime time scoring option to carry them. They set him up regardless to bring in a hefty contract and had his hip injury not occurred he likely would have grabbed a strong contract regardless of being traded. They didn't really owe him anything, he built up his value being with the Celtics.

    I'm not sure the Celtics would have ponied up the max contract he was looking for even if they hadn't traded him.. 5'8 point guards with no defensive ability are not somebody you max out.

    Where Hayward left the Utah Jazz to join his college coach and was given a max contract. When was the last time a max FA left a team and then was traded the following season by his new team? I can't even think of a situation. Blake Griffin comes to mind, but he signed with a team he had already been apart of.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

    Why in the world would we do this, when there is no guarantee that Leonard would stay here after next year. It must be a sign and trade.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    14,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_PA View Post
    Why in the world would we do this, when there is no guarantee that Leonard would stay here after next year. It must be a sign and trade.
    Iím definitely undecided about doing a trade like that with no guarantees. However, a huge reason to do it is the idea that trading for Kawhi first could greatly increase your chances of Lebron or George coming on board as well.

    ^The chain reaction can be if you trade for Kawhi, then Lebron or George wants to come, then you having Lebron or George long term increases your chances of Kawhi wanting to commit here for his next contract. Kawhi can be that first domino with some of these guys teaming up, if the Spurs trade him on draft night or before FA begins.

    And some people are on board with just trading for Kawhi as is, without Lebron/George. The simple fact is youíre acquiring a proven superstar at the right age. In the NBA, it can be worth taking a risk that he walks, and it can be worth any cost it takes. If that costs Saric and Fultz though, idk. Idk how I feel about any of this yet lol.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    14,893
    One thing not to lose sight of though. Everyone (the fan base in general, not everyone in here) is getting all worked up about adding at least one of the ďBig 3Ē or else. Thereís going to be a ton of negativity if it doesnít happen. Theyíll say we can never beat Boston or GS or whoever, theyíll freak out about us not having a GM for this critical offseason, theyíll let all the recency bias going against Fultz take over. But keep perspective. The Sixers are in amazing shape even if we fail to land Kawhi, Lebron or George. If we get to keep Saric and Fultz as a part of our young core heading into next season, thatís a great thing.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,802
    big FA or trade or not i expect this team in the ECF.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Philly born and raised
    Posts
    20,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    I think that's a very very different situation..

    IT was given a good situation with a defensive roster that needed a prime time scoring option to carry them. They set him up regardless to bring in a hefty contract and had his hip injury not occurred he likely would have grabbed a strong contract regardless of being traded. They didn't really owe him anything, he built up his value being with the Celtics.

    I'm not sure the Celtics would have ponied up the max contract he was looking for even if they hadn't traded him.. 5'8 point guards with no defensive ability are not somebody you max out.

    Where Hayward left the Utah Jazz to join his college coach and was given a max contract. When was the last time a max FA left a team and then was traded the following season by his new team? I can't even think of a situation. Blake Griffin comes to mind, but he signed with a team he had already been apart of.
    Whatís your point?

    Trading Hayward wonít hurt potential pickups at all.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    17,295
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Whatís your point?

    Trading Hayward wonít hurt potential pickups at all.
    My point is that they were very different situations and that they won't trade Hayward one year after signing him to a max contract with his college coach at the helm. You said it would be easy to make a deal and I'm saying it won't be easy..this isn't 2K

    The ONLY reason it may not hurt them is because they have a stacked roster full of talent, but in most scenarios this would leave a sour taste in the mouths of potential big name free agents. Nobody wants to leave a franchise, get burned from previous fans, and then be traded after one season..

    We have a reason that it's never happened before...

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Philly born and raised
    Posts
    20,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    My point is that they were very different situations and that they won't trade Hayward one year after signing him to a max contract with his college coach at the helm. You said it would be easy to make a deal and I'm saying it won't be easy..this isn't 2K

    The ONLY reason it may not hurt them is because they have a stacked roster full of talent, but in most scenarios this would leave a sour taste in the mouths of potential big name free agents. Nobody wants to leave a franchise, get burned from previous fans, and then be traded after one season..

    We have a reason that it's never happened before...
    Itís a business. The players know this. Your concerns are simply meaningless sentimentalities.

    Hayward got traded to a good team that went to conference finals without him, a max player, and their best player. When has that happened before? They donít owe Hayward a thing. They gave him money and he barely played. Also, if they were to trade him it would be to one of best franchises in recent history. Itís not like they are banishing him to the Kings.

    But never mind all that. Boston by far has best equipped war chest to acquire Leonard in a trade -picks, expiring talent, rookie deal talent, star players.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    881
    I have come to peace that IF we don't get one of the BIG 3 ( LeBron, PG, Kawhi ) I'm fine with it. This organization is heading in the right direction with our current young players and we can continue to build on that with 2 picks on draft night ( 10 and 26 ) to improve. I already consider this summer a 'success' when we FIRED BC!!

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    I have come to peace that IF we don't get one of the BIG 3 ( LeBron, PG, Kawhi ) I'm fine with it. This organization is heading in the right direction with our current young players and we can continue to build on that with 2 picks on draft night ( 10 and 26 ) to improve. I already consider this summer a 'success' when we FIRED BC!!
    Hey I only come around the Forum this time of the year, and first let me say what a year! Im replying to this comment in particular because you also consider this summer a success when we fired Colonjello. I also would say that this year was a success, the Boston team had more playoff experience than us, and we all knew that Tatum was the most pro ready player in last years draft. I still believe Fultz has a higher ceiling so lets hold out on declaring the winner of the trade.

    Now on topic for this thread, I think we have a small chance at Kawhi and Lebron but I would split it up 10% Kawhi, 10% Lebron, 5% both, 75% we strike out on everyone. If that is the case I really like the idea of trading up for Porter Jr. or Doncic. We can take on an expiring 2019 contract and give up picks so we add another super star potential and keep this young core together all while maintaining flexability for 2019 free agency.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •