Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    People forgot how well Darvish pitched in the NLDS and NLCS.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    People forgot how well Darvish pitched in the NLDS and NLCS.
    The **** show he put up during the world series tends to over shadow it a bit

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

GO after Machado. He is a difference maker. Sure pitching is always great to have but you cant blame the game 7 blunder all on Darvish. Roberts should have pulled him as soon as he gave up the first 2 runs. Having someone like Machado on last years roster would have helped with the offense.

Orioles are said to be interested in Dustin May.

Offer: May (P), Smith (C), Stewart (P), Rios (INF) for Machado.

Offer: Verdugo (OF), Alvarez (P), Lux (SS), White (P), Wong (C) for De Grom

Dodgers would lose some top prospects but the current roster has young players that will be blocking some of these prospects while also staying on the roster long enough to let the Dodgers replenish the farm.

Line up: Taylor/pederson, Turner, Machado, Kemp, Puig, Bellinger, Grandal, Muncy/Forsythe, Pitcher
    Rotation: Kershaw, Degrom, Hill, Maeda, Buehler/Wood

Dodgers won't get anyone significant... they had the chance... their offer leaked... yankees upped theirs

its over

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrew81 View Post
    GO after Machado. He is a difference maker. Sure pitching is always great to have but you cant blame the game 7 blunder all on Darvish. Roberts should have pulled him as soon as he gave up the first 2 runs. Having someone like Machado on last years roster would have helped with the offense.

Orioles are said to be interested in Dustin May.

Offer: May (P), Smith (C), Stewart (P), Rios (INF) for Machado.

Offer: Verdugo (OF), Alvarez (P), Lux (SS), White (P), Wong (C) for De Grom

Dodgers would lose some top prospects but the current roster has young players that will be blocking some of these prospects while also staying on the roster long enough to let the Dodgers replenish the farm.

Line up: Taylor/pederson, Turner, Machado, Kemp, Puig, Bellinger, Grandal, Muncy/Forsythe, Pitcher
    Rotation: Kershaw, Degrom, Hill, Maeda, Buehler/Wood
    This looks great on paper and in theory, but let's say these offers will be accepted by the Os and Mets, does it keep us under the luxury tax. Before you say "it doesn't matter" or "their main focus should be on winning a WS" just remember what happened in the offseason. Staton was almost begging to be sent to the Dodgers and the FO didn't want to add the salary because it would put them over the luxury tax. This was the 2017 MVP that would be under team control for years to come and they didn't pull the trigger. I just don't see them changing their mind on the luxury tax issue a few months later.

That being said, I see them not worrying about the luxury tax next year because they will have a fresh start on the luxury tax penalty.

The problem is that the dodgers don't want to trade buehler (which I understand) ruiz or Verdugo supposedly.. It's probably gonna take at least one of those guys to get a deal done

Your baby can't do this

The orioles want may, then **** it, trade the kid.. I'm also not a fan of Alvarez. Kid could hit 100 but can't locate his pitches.. I wouldn't miss him if he's traded

Your baby can't do this

Can you imagine Aaron Judge, Giancarlo Stanton, and Manny machado on the same team? Man..

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by PartyBoy13 View Post
    This looks great on paper and in theory, but let's say these offers will be accepted by the Os and Mets, does it keep us under the luxury tax. Before you say "it doesn't matter" or "their main focus should be on winning a WS" just remember what happened in the offseason. Staton was almost begging to be sent to the Dodgers and the FO didn't want to add the salary because it would put them over the luxury tax. This was the 2017 MVP that would be under team control for years to come and they didn't pull the trigger. I just don't see them changing their mind on the luxury tax issue a few months later.

That being said, I see them not worrying about the luxury tax next year because they will have a fresh start on the luxury tax penalty.
    forsythe would go out in the machado deal most likely to offset machado's money

De grom can be offset with someone else or they can pay his salary...

LT isn't really a problem in those deals

Quote Originally Posted by PartyBoy13 View Post

Yeah I didnt work out the salary numbers but Im sure the Dodgers would figure that out.

Just saw someone mentioned Forsythe and other players being in the trade to essentially make it a wash in salaries to not hit the luxury tax. That's a good point.

That is if the O's will take Forsythe. I know he is an expiring contract so not a big deal but I just don't see the O's bending over backwards to take on a bad contract when there are a lot of teams trying to get Machado

I can see Machado, with Britton would be great. But I just don't see landing Machado and DeGrom. I will be the first to say I was wrong if they pull that off.

They need a bat because Turner has been hitting 260 something since after the All-Star break last season. They also need a starter because Hill can't be trusted.

Part of me feel like this is close to happening and another part of me feels like it'll drag out till the end of the month

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast