Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Trade Deadline Thread

So its been a while since I have been on this forum and I wanted to get some more conversation started. Since the trade deadline is about a month and a half away, wanted to start a thread where we can have some discussion and post rumors that are being discussed.

Remember when throwing ideas out there, the Dodgers seem committed to staying under the luxury tax, which is one of the main reasons we stayed away from Stanton. Its also one of the main reasons we ended up with Matt Kemp! So while I would love to go big and get a big name pitcher, I don't see the FO taking on much salary.

Thoughts?

Syndergaard and Degrom are the only two pitchers available that I could see the FO acquiring. They could easily dump an expiring deal like Ryu, Forsythe, etc. to fit under the luxury tax. Syndergaard is making 3+ mil and Degrom 7+ mil.

Somehow I don't see the Mets parting with Syndergaard unless they got a truckload in return for him, but Degrom would be interesting. I can see them getting creative.

Somehow I think the best we get this year is somebody like Marcus Stroman, and maybe he could have a bounceback type of year with the Dodgers.

Jake degrom would be hella nice. I'm sure it'd cost a lot though, he's also having his best year so his value is probably up.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by PartyBoy13 View Post
    Somehow I don't see the Mets parting with Syndergaard unless they got a truckload in return for him, but Degrom would be interesting. I can see them getting creative.

Somehow I think the best we get this year is somebody like Marcus Stroman, and maybe he could have a bounceback type of year with the Dodgers.
    Stroman would be a great buy low candidate. I question his desire to play for Toronto more than ever too after his tweet about never forgetting what was said in his arbitration hearing this offseason. I think Toronto burned a bridge with him and he may be available come the deadline. I don't know much about how he actually looks on the field right now while he is struggling but if his problem is mechanical, perhaps a change of scenery can fix it.

On the Mets, they need to blow it up. In Degrom's starts they are 2-8 and have never scored more than 3 runs for him when he pitches. Tells the whole story pretty much. He is useless to that club as currently constructed. His value will never be higher than it is now.

I hope Ned gets the job with the O's because every day that goes by Machado salary gets cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    I hope Ned gets the job with the O's because every day that goes by Machado salary gets cheaper.
    I think their targets will be one of Machado, Archer, Syndergaard, and Degrom. Dodgers, have little flexibility though so I think it will only be one of them.

Dodgers need another high leverage reliever for sure. Beyond that Iím not sure, I thought we needed another bat but the offense looks good again. The rotation is a major question mark for now too so it might be a wait and see scenario come mid July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    Dodgers need another high leverage reliever for sure. Beyond that Iím not sure, I thought we needed another bat but the offense looks good again. The rotation is a major question mark for now too so it might be a wait and see scenario come mid July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A top name reliever would be Zack Britton of the orioles. Though the dodgers FO seems to do a good job recognizing talented relievers.

We need an elite innings-eating starting pitcher. But this administration does not believe in 7+ inning outings for starting pitchers.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

I like the idea of getting Britton and he has definitely been on the FO radar in the past, the Orioles just always ask too much in return. Maybe that changes, he would be a good add. I don't know that I see Machado happening because he would cost too much for a rental and I think the pitching staff is a bigger question mark at this point than our lineup. I like Syndergaard and Degrom but I still think they cost too much. Any trade for either of them would likely start with Buehler, and he is already proving early on that he can be an ace and is under control for a while.

If they're still this close with AZ come to the deadline, I actually think we'll be pleasantly surprised.

It's at least nice to see that they were going after Herrera before he went to the Nats.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    It's at least nice to see that they were going after Herrera before he went to the Nats.
    what did they offer?

The Dodgers are in on all players all the time... their offers just usually suck which is why we always get the 2nd tier guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    what did they offer?

The Dodgers are in on all players all the time... their offers just usually suck which is why we always get the 2nd tier guys.
    No idea what the offer was but they need a hitter that can hit with RISP.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast