Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I've had it

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to say they are mailing it in, or don't care. They're just not good. And losing can avalanche until an entire roster is buried under its weight. I'm pretty sure that's what we're watching.

Doesn't matter. The roster is not good and the GM is responsible for that. And ultimately that's why this team is awful.
    They're not that good, true. But they're batting .135 over 11 games. As bad as they are, they shouldn't be THAT bad. If that's not mailing it in, I'm Cliff Claven.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    They're not that good, true. But they're batting .135 over 11 games. As bad as they are, they shouldn't be THAT bad. If that's not mailing it in, I'm Cliff Claven.
    You kind of are Cliff Claven anyway. So that doesn't help your argument.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Unless you have a neilson box watching/not watching won't make a difference
    <a href=https://i.imgur.com/nZ1JROA_d.jpg target=_blank>https://i.imgur.com/nZ1JROA_d.jpg</a>

You kind of are Cliff Claven anyway. So that doesn't help your argument.
    Oh yeah? Well, the jerk store called and they said they're out of you!
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

What's the difference? You're their all time best seller.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I have said multiple times if the fans really want the Wilpons out, then they should do the following.

- stop buying tickets or merchandise
    - stop watching the games on TV
    - show up to the stadium to picket

This will hurt the Wilpon's financially and finally get MLB's attention.
    The amount of single game tickets sold would barely make a dent. Groups from all over the state buy tickets to bring groups to games, they aren’t going to stop as long as they keep filling the buses. Season ticket holders etc etc. you’ll never make a big enough dent simply “not going to games”. Its simple, the Mets are losers and unless the Wilpons sell the team to someone with half a brain and who doesn’t accept losing they will be losers. And notice I said half a brain. As I am also a Sabres fan and we have Pegula... a guy who doesn’t accept losing but is too stupid to figure out how to build a winner

What's the difference? You're their all time best seller.
    (Comeback cut from original script)

"Only because few can afford a real, first-class jerk like you!"

Which makes you a cheaper version jerk.

Oh yeah? Well, the jerk store called and they said they're out of you!
    Dude you have one of the greatest Cliff quotes of all time and you decide to go with a George quote.

“Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That’s why you always feel smarter after a few beers.”

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Dude you have one of the greatest Cliff quotes of all time and you decide to go with a George quote.

“Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That’s why you always feel smarter after a few beers.”
    Assist much appreciated.

Which makes you a cheaper version jerk.
    You get what you pay for. Jerks like you are few and far between.

Me? A Dime a dozen.

You get what you pay for. Jerks like you are few and far between.

Me? A Dime a dozen.
    Madman!

Madman!
    Lawyer!

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Full disclosure: When Paul Sewald gave up the grand slam last night to piss all over Wheeler's otherwise excellent effort, I laughed my butt off. It was so predictable; we all saw it coming. But worse than that, even if Sewald hadn't given up the granny, they still would have lost. It's just that the score would have been much lower.

That made 9 losses in 10 games, all marked by excellent starting pitching with zero help out of the bullpen or the bats. Today's game was more of the same, maybe worse. There was Jay Bruce jogging slow motion on a routine single to right field by Inciarte. Incirate busted it right out of the batter's box. Only when he headed for second did Jay Bruce realize he wasn't fielding batting practice. He turned on the gears, threw to Rosario, who applied a slow motion tag on Inciarte.

No sense of urgency. La dee da. If he's out, great. If he's safe, whatever. If we win, yay! If we lose, i wonder what's for dinner?

That one play was a microcosm of what we've seen out of the Mets in the last 11 games. They've gone 1-10, sure, but that doesn't begin to tell the story. In those 11 games they've batted an unbelievable .135. La Dee Da.

ONE-THIRTY-FIVE!!!!!! Oh My F-ing God!!!!!! JeeZUS H KRYST!!!!!! The mendoza line would be a hot streak for this bunch!

I did the math. Forty-eight hits in 354 at bats. My math skills stink so i clicked on the calculator app on my computer which told me the sorry result. A batting average of .135 over 11 games is bad enough but you know what's worse?

Management doesnt seem to care. Sandy doesnt seem to care. Mickey doesnt seem to care. And the Wilpons? They've got more important things to worry about too, I suppose

It dawned on me there is only one way to make Sandy and the Wilpons care. The next homestand is the weekend of Ju8ne 22 against the Dodgers. How cool would it be if less than a thousand fans showed up, bombarding the the media and the live broadcast with rows upon rows and section after section of empty seats. You want bad PR? That would do it!

This isn't even a difficult assignment. Who can even watch these guys? Who wants to at this point?

I realize this doesnt necessarily hit them in the pocketbooks. Most of the tickets for that game are already bought and paid for. The revenue on SNY will still fill their coffers. But this isn't a money thing. It's a perception thing: Freddie and Jeffrey and Sandy need to be told they've lost their team. And the ole same-ole same ole won't get it back for them.

Enhough games filled with invisible fans is the only way for the Wilpons to understand that their boy Sandy has failed them. Only then will things finally change.

Thhis is just ridiculous and it has to stop. I've had it.
    Don't you remember the days when fans would bring in signs to urge the team on. Today, The fans going to games could bring in signs that simply state, 'FIRE ALDERSON' or 'ALDERSON MUST GO' or 'ALDERSON with a '.

Let the booing begin now!

The media will do the rest just by sports writers whipping up the frenzy in their columns, Mets TV analyst shows and Gary, Keith and Ron and having the cameras pointed to these signs. Free advertisement. It might really force the issue so openly and adamantly that it might just have an effect on management......

Just a thought, from another Mets fan who feels betrayed by the team's mismanagement signing veterans on the wrong side of 30+ with diminishing skills and from the scrap bin rather than investing in quality over quantity, poor drafting and a blase attitude towards a commitment to winning. They manage by half measures.

Yeah, dammit, I'm fed up too.

Never in my life have I seen a Mets team quit so early. Most seem to be defeated and just going through the motions with exception of a handful of players. Where is their pride of being a pro baseball player.

This is pathetic, dark history era that's happening right before our eyes...... and it really has me pissed off. Last year, I tuned out shortly after the trade deadline. It's going to happen earlier if immediate quality changes aren't made. Difficult watching uninspired baseball.

I'd rather watch some highly competitive men or co-ed softball teams in L.A.

And, I wouldn't be surprised if Dodgers fans show up in droves and drown out Mets fans. At this point, even the most ardent Mets fans going to Citi would be unenthused.

This is such a critical period in our history and most of our players have and it's only June. What a long, hot summer it will be. The dog days of Summer have yet to begin.

Nothing more to say......... Yeah, we were all duped the first two weeks.
    I'm With You Mr. Met - Terrible Ownership

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Lawyer!
    Landlord!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast