Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

2018 Offseason Stuff

With the Stanley Cup Fiinals over we are now moving towards the draft/offseason. I have not idea what to expect which makes this offseason so interesting. Post any thoughts/rumors/news here (any big trades and free agency moves I may make a separate thread for if warranted).

Mike Green has reportedly received a pair of short-term contract offers from the Detroit Red Wings.

Green is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent this summer after completing a three-year, $18 million contract. The offers he received from Detroit are one-year and two-years, respectively. It wouldn't be surprising if there was a better offer out there for Green as an unrestricted free agent, so he might end up testing the market.
    Via rotoworld

Do we think there is a market for him after how cold his name was at the trade deadline? Also, do you want him back? For a cheap 1-2 year deal as mentioned here I would not mind it personally.

Yeah there is interest for sure. There were two to three reported teams who asked for his medical records at the deadline, they wouldn't have done that if they didn't A) want him B) know what Holland wanted for him and C) was willing to give up Holland's asking price. He is the #2 option on a weak year defensively FA wise.

I would take him back on a one year, and let him know at the deadline he will be moved to a winner for a chance at a cup. On a one year deal, I really don't care if we even gave him the full 6m again as well. Short term all it buys us is an asset for some cash (barring another injury).

Now do I want him back is another question. No I don't. I want him and XO gone. That leaves the door open for Sulak/Hronek. Sulak really impressed me at worlds playing a more shut down role against some top NHL players, and we all know he can move the puck well. I also think if Hronek put any time in the gym this summer (and side note, Horcoff has been extremely good at prospect development we are lucky to have him) then I think he has a legit shot at making our top 6 and replacing Green on the PP.

Reports are we are in on Carlson if Green leaves to the tune of 8m+ a year.....no thanks.

Mike Green had no value because of a serious injury. He had a really strong first half of the season.

As for Carlson, I don't like big free agent signings.

I'd rather go in with E, Daley and DeKeyser logging the big minutes while developing Hicketts, Hronek, Cholo and Sulak in limited minutes.

I am fine with Jensen getting time to round out that top 4, and Cholo starting in the AHL. As impressive as his junior season was he was an over aged player playing against youngsters. When he played in college against older men his season wasnít so great, I think a lot of people are over looking that.

Stay the **** away from the big name free agents. Sign some ****** vets to shelter the young guys. Trade Nyquist for a 1st or package him with another pick to move up. Tank and hope we win the lottery.
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    I definitely can't take serious responsibility.

Oh hey its RW......I have to agree with everything you said. Package Nyquist for either another 1st or to move up with a package.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    Stay the **** away from the big name free agents. Sign some ****** vets to shelter the young guys. Trade Nyquist for a 1st or package him with another pick to move up. Tank and hope we win the lottery.
    Vanek return please

Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Oh hey its RW......I have to agree with everything you said. Package Nyquist for either another 1st or to move up with a package.
    Sup Pidg. Been a while I know haha.

Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Vanek return please
    I like him a lot actually but he would help us win and hasn't gotten anything for a return at the deadline the past few years.

Dang straight itís been a while I have been doing my best to help keep this place alive while you and BW were gone.

I really want Chevy to get a shot. He really took a step back after injury/demotion last year. Would also rather see Ras on the wing getting a chance so no to any vet winger from me. We have a winger to trade at the deadline already.

Vanek is okay with me IF the Wings trade Gus and/or someone else.

Supposedly they were looking at Kovalchuk as well but I am not sold on that. I have to imagine there are better options for contenders out there for him.

In general if they sign any free agents it really needs to be a 1 year deal, 2 at the absolute longest imo.

% that AA gets moved? O/U 50%?

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Vanek is okay with me IF the Wings trade Gus and/or someone else.

Supposedly they were looking at Kovalchuk as well but I am not sold on that. I have to imagine there are better options for contenders out there for him.

In general if they sign any free agents it really needs to be a 1 year deal, 2 at the absolute longest imo.

% that AA gets moved? O/U 50%?
    wait, the Ilya Kovalchuk saga is still a thing? why does it feel like this guy is 50 years old

Martin Frk won't get a qualifying offer from the Detroit Red Wings.

There was some debate a week ago whether or not Detroit would re-sign Frk, who was slated to be a restricted free agent. By not giving him a qualifying offer, Frk will instead become an unrestricted free agent. Detroit may still try to sign him, but he will be able to test the open market.
    he gone?

Do you think this draft has affected the current roster? Since we went offense instead of defense, how will that play moving forward? Does AA, Nyquist or any others get moved due to this draft? With Ras and Zadina now in play, we need room for them. Any chance Veleno makes the roster too if trades are made?

My one hope, is that they loosen up on the young guys and let them play the way they can play. Seems to me they restrict them too much and penalize them when they try to play outside their box.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast