Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which team would win in a 7 game series?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Lucky

18 75.00%
  • Team Dunka

4 16.67%
  • GMs vote here

2 8.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NBA All-Time Redraft Playoffs 2nd Round (Team Lucky v Team Dunka)

Every year Members of PSD participate in a draft of all players all-time in an attempt to make the best team possible and win in a playoff determined by fellow members of PSD.

This years rules included being able to only start 2 players from the 00's and 1 from the 70's and earlier.

Look over the two teams and vote on which team you think would win in a 7 game series. The top team has home-court advantage for this series.

Team Lucky - Homecourt Advantage

PG: Terry Porter
    SG: Kobe Bryant
    SF: Scottie Pippen
    PF: Amar'e Stoudemire
    C: Artis Gilmore

PG: Mike Bibby
    SG: Jerry Sloan
    SF: Bernard King
    PF: Jermaine OíNeal
    C: Brad Daugherty

v

Team Dunka

PG: Mookie Blaylock 30 // James Harden 10 // Michael Ray Richardson 8
    SG: James Harden 26 // Vince Carter 19 // Michael Ray Richardson 3
    SF: Vince Carter 17 // Doug Christie 16 // Clifford 11 // Larry Johnson 4
    PF: Bobby Jones 29 // Larry Johnson 13 // Clifford Robinson 6
    C: Wilt Chamberlain 41 // Brad Miller 6 // Clifford Robinson 1

I think I like Lucky again. He has the perfect defensive trio of Kobe-Pippen-Gilmore to defender Dunkas top 3 and then he can hide Stat on Jones.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Just noticed Bernard King smashes anyone on Dunkas bench.

Kristaps Porzingis

(https://youtu.be/uJGCySdvlPo1 ) Wilt Chamberlain (.291 ws/48, 44 pts, 24.1 trb, 3.6 ast, .541 ts%) is simply too much for Gilmore who could not produce those numbers even in the ABA. Gilmore was a good defender, he was not the same athlete as Wilt, whose many exploits are legendary. Versus Bill Russell in the playoffs, 25.7 pts, 28 trb, 4.1 ast, .508 fg% 2.4 pf. Wilt should have little trouble getting by him (reportedly ran a 4.4 Ė 4.8 40yrd (1:34) also beat Jim Brown in a foot race). Or going through Artis, given he has at least 35-60 lb advantage (1:24) and routinely threw heavier players to the floor (2:45 / 3:40). I donít see Gilmore as a threat in the post against Wilt either. Wilt (41 sec / 2:43 ) will present a defensive challenge of size and strength Gilmore never faced. See him next to shaq and Ewing. (55 sec.)

Without a lot of looks going to Gilmore Wilt should be freed up to protect the rim where he was dominate (4:30). In 112 NBA games where his blocks can be tracked, Wilt averaged 8.8 blks. Double many all-time greats, much as he doubled many all-time greats in points and rebounds. In 360+ college games Wilt averaged +6 blks a game. reportedly blocked 26 shots in one game! (video time stamp 1:07) And Luckyís team has only one plus three-point shooter. Bad Combination. My hope, he becomes a jump shooting team, since he canít match my platoon of shooters.

Wilt never fouled out of a game. Averaged only 1.8 pf in his peak, with potentially 6+ blocks?! There is very little chance he gets in foul trouble.

Because of Wilt, Dunkapolooza will get extra shots and easier buckets. Artis will have limited opportunities to anchor his defense while I run faster than his C can keep up. Artis canít cover in space like Wilt can, who was an all-world tag team volleyball player after he retired. Defensively Iíll have more help in rotation and my bigs will be better on switches.

Kobe vs Vince Carter from 99 Ė 09 (Before Carter began to seriously decline)

Carter: 22.71 pts, 20.29 fga, 8.14 fgm, .40 fg% .27 3pt%, 4.6 trb, 2.9 ast, 2.1 to
    Kobe: 24.57 pts, 20 fga, 8.2 fgm, 41fg%, .33 3pt%, 4.7 trb, 6.2 ast, 3.1 to

Matched straight up for a decade. With that leading his offense Iíll be in good shape. I think Carter will hold his own better than Gilmore against Wilt especially. I donít expect Carter to score as much as normal here, given the defense, but unlike Kobe, my team doesnít need him to. Carter will always be dangerous scoring and running in transition, so Kobe canít leave or rest even if Vince doesnít shoot much.

James Harden vs Kawhi Leonard (Closest thing to Pippen/Kobe defense he will play)

24.6 pts 5.7 trb 6.6 ast 1.1 stl .6 blk 4.2 tov 1.8 pf. 16.9 fga .461 fg%, 5.8 3pa, .369 3%, 35.5 min

That looks a lot better than Kobe up there. Even if Pippen or Kobe played better than the DPOY, numerically my offense should be better (In the playoffs 22.5 pts, .462 fg%, 7.2 3pa, .405 3%, 6.1 fta, .836 ft%.) I should have the best two options offensively and better spacing around them too.

Scottie Pippen against Harden is his only option for easy buckets. Who in his prime barely averaged over twenty points (21.7 .485 fg% without Jordan). Harden canít limit Pippenís offense, and I wonít pretend that he can. He doesnít need to though for Hardenís offense, even with Pippen on him, to be better than any offense Pippen produced in his career. Volume and efficiency wise.

Outside of that he still has Porter / Amare pick and roll, which I love. Iím not going to pretend like either isnít a challenge to guard, with their high eff and volume. Porterís also Luckyís only dangerous 3pt shooter. For both I have multiple All NBA D players for them. I will force him to play iso with inferior efficiency through his wings while I shut down everyone else.

Here are Terry Porterís stats from his prime 89 Ė 93 vs league

17.7 pts, 3.5 reb, 7.0 ast, 1.7 stl, 2.5 to, .501 fg%, 12.8 fga, .402 3pt%, 3.8 3pa

Vs Young Mookie Blaylock 89 - 93

14.89 pts, 3 trb, 6.8 ast, 1.6 stl, 3 to, .464 fg%, 10.78 fga, .555 3%, 4 3pa

Before his prime Mookie proved capable of limiting prime Terry Porter. Mookie went on to win 2x 1st teams All NBA defense. Being able to disrupt Porter will help force Lucky into Iso. If I need to change up looks I have bigger Michael Ray Richardson, another 2x NBA 1st team defense with 2.9 stls.

At 6í5Ē, Richardson can guard Kobe or Pippen off the bench to change looks with 1st team All D Christie. Add in Clifford and I have All-D players to rotate on all his perimeter players.

Against Amare I have Bobby Jones (https://youtu.be/0NxCr-3L8J4) a 9x 1st team all-league defensive athlete. Heíll contribute about 12-14 pts too, which he did at a high efg% (3 yr peak .603 ts%), surrounded by superstars. He can match one of his big men at least and Jonesí ideally sized 6í10Ē and athletic enough to play arguably the best defense Amare ever faced. Clifford Robinson can guard Amare too.

Any time Bernard King scores Iím going to go right at him with Larry Johnson (https://youtu.be/-yYgcV0iOmw). Giving up 45 lbs I donít think King will be able to stop Grandmama at all and will get beaten up. I also think that Clifford, 6í10Ē is a long enough all-D defender to contest shots that king isnít used to being contested, so that gives me two options that both averaged as many points as pippen just as efficiently, attacking Kingís worse defense than Hardenís.

OVERALL

Wilt will be the most dominate player in this match up.

Harden has proven capable of scoring efficiently at a high volume against Kawhi-like defenders. Even in the playoffs.

Carter significantly limited Kobeís fg% during his peak head to head.

I have superior post scoring and post defense. Superior spacing. Better rim protection. Superior rebounding. Iíll be better in transition and better in half court; offensively and defensively. And a plan to divert his offense into inefficient iso offense with either Pippen or Kobe. Who have almost no shooters to pass to. A pace of offense I can beat anyway I want. Since his role players are offensive, iso will keep them out of the game and none of his scorers can out pace Wilt. Maybe not even Harden.
    Last edited by Dunkapolooza; 06-14-2018 at 04:18 AM.

NYK? Gilmore guarding Wilt? ... I mean I know he was a good defender and all but he's a stick comparatively and Wilt is one of the greatest scorers of all time. Look what he did to Bill.

How much is Bernard even going to play behind Kobe and Pippen? King wasn't a catch and shoot player, he was an iso guy. Just the offense I want him to play, and how often will that happen next to Kobe / Pippen? Toni Kukoc touches? Then what happens to Porter, Amare, and Gilmore offensively? They get no sets? I'm ok with Larry Johnson (who will score with ease against Bernard) and Clifford on him for the 18-20 minutes he'll actually be on the floor. The ten or so possessions he'll actually get.

How are you going to hide someone on Bobby Jones? He's 6'10" and if given easy buckets all game he'll finish them at a .600 ts%. I don't understand that argument.

Wilt will score at around 30 at good efg%. Harden will score 20. Bobby 10-15. Carter about 15. Mookie 10 - 15. That's about 90 right there. Before all my bench shooters and Larry Johnson get involved. Meanwhile Porter, Amare, and Bernard King were liabilities on defense I can exploit all game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkapolooza:32394185
    NYK? Gilmore guarding Wilt? ... I mean I know he was a good defender and all but he's a stick comparatively and Wilt is one of the greatest scorers of all time. Look what he did to Bill.

How much is Bernard even going to play behind Kobe and Pippen? King wasn't a catch and shoot player, he was an iso guy. Just the offense I want him to play, and how often will that happen next to Kobe / Pippen? Toni Kukoc touches? Then what happens to Porter, Amare, and Gilmore offensively? They get no sets? I'm ok with Larry Johnson (who will score with ease against Bernard) and Clifford on him for the 18-20 minutes he'll actually be on the floor. The ten or so possessions he'll actually get.

How are you going to hide someone on Bobby Jones? He's 6'10" and if given easy buckets all game he'll finish them at a .600 ts%. I don't understand that argument.

Wilt will score at around 30 at good efg%. Harden will score 20. Bobby 10-15. Carter about 15. Mookie 10 - 15. That's about 90 right there. Before all my bench shooters and Larry Johnson get involved. Meanwhile Porter, Amare, and Bernard King were liabilities on defense I can exploit all game.
    I see his team playing uptempo. Bernard, Kobe, Pippen, Amare. Throw ahead and dunk. Forget sets lol

Kristaps Porzingis

Wilt is better in the fast break than Amare. Carter is the best fast break player in the series. And Harden is a good fast break player. And unlike him, I'll have three point shooting in my break too.

If it becomes a fast break game I'll be better in transition (Bobby Jones and Wilt way better at getting back than Gilmore and Amare) and I have equal fast break wing players.

And Carter played just about even with Kobe head to head in his prime.

I'll even get as many, if not more, steals and rebounds than him. Which gives you fast break chances. My scorers are more efficient. Which means less fast break opportunities for him. I'm the superior offensive and defensive fast break team. So why would that lead to his victory?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkapolooza:32394430
    I'll even get as many, if not more, steals and rebounds than him. Which gives you fast break chances. My scorers are more efficient. Which means less fast break opportunities for him. I'm the superior offensive and defensive fast break team. So why would that lead to his victory?
    How the hell are you the better defensive team in transition? Lmao. Harden and VC vs Kobe and Pippen

Kristaps Porzingis

Yeah I donít see anyway your team is better defensively, and thatís the clear difference in this series. Itís a great match-up for me because the one minus defender on my team can hide on Bobby Jones. If Bobby Jones is only scoring 10 PPG (your words), when my worst defender is going to be on him majority of the game, Iím more than okay with that, whether theyíre an efficient 10 points or not. Meanwhile your BEST perimeter defender is going to be on my 5th option offensively the majority of the game.

I feel like my team can compete with anyone as long as Artis Gilmore gets the respect he deserves and I feel like the biggest part of your argument is ďWilt vs some other old guy.Ē Gilmore was a great all around player. He was a great defender, terrific rebounder and hyper efficient offensively. In fact my team as a whole is extremely efficient offensively, so I donít really understand the complaint about my 3pt shooting. Itís not even that bad? I mean Iím not the Golden State Warriors, but Iím certainly not as inept at shooting 3s as youíre making me out to be. By all means, if you want to leave Kobe wide open from 3, be my guest. Even Pippen in his prime shot around 35%, as high as 37%. Might not be Ray Allen out there but I can certainly live with that percentage from my 3rd best shooter in a starting 5 tbatís efficient from top to bottom.

12-1!!!!

lucky has the right amount of fire power and defense. plus he has King off the bench thats better than anyone Dunka has.

First Sim League Title!

14-1!

Wait... Lucky is supposed to be better in transition than Vince Carter, Harden, and Wilt? With Kobe and Pippen... neither of which is as good in transition as Carter by himself...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky. View Post
    Yeah I donít see anyway your team is better defensively, and thatís the clear difference in this series. Itís a great match-up for me because the one minus defender on my team can hide on Bobby Jones. If Bobby Jones is only scoring 10 PPG (your words), when my worst defender is going to be on him majority of the game, Iím more than okay with that, whether theyíre an efficient 10 points or not. Meanwhile your BEST perimeter defender is going to be on my 5th option offensively the majority of the game.
    Uh, what do you mean I wonít be better defensively in transition? Raise an actual argument here lol. Who exactly is supposed to score in transition against me? Kobe shooting 40% lmao? Bernard King was not a transition player. He was an iso post player who will suck the air out of his offense. Notice King was never on any actually successful offenses? Hmm...

21 pts is the best Scottie could ever do against the regular NBA. On an up tempo team. Without Jordan. Thatís worthless if this becomes an up tempo game. Sure your 5th option, great. Except your 1st option will shoot 40%. Amare will face the best defense he ever has. Gilmore will be shut down. And Bernard King will be getting tossed around like a little kid by LJ when he's not sucking the life out of your offense.

Bobby Jones, did you not see the video btw? He can score twenty on this team with the way he runs. He will score more in transition than either of his big men. Probably outscoring Amare. Amare was always the center of his offenses and Bobby Jones always got his own playing around superstars. He will fit in better offensively to my team than Amare will into his. Who is unlike anyone Scottie or Pippen played with. I only NEED Bobby to score 10 points because Luckyís team wonít score ****. That's what I was saying.

I feel like my team can compete with anyone as long as Artis Gilmore gets the respect he deserves and I feel like the biggest part of your argument is ďWilt vs some other old guy.Ē Gilmore was a great all around player. He was a great defender, terrific rebounder and hyper efficient offensively.
    Vs some other old guy? No my argument is that Wilt is much bigger than Artis specifically (a 240 lb stick). Heís much faster (Notoriously slower than other centers of his time). Wilt is simply a better athlete all around. Heís a better scorer. Heís a way better rebounder (Almost doubling Artis NBA production). WILT WILL BE BETTER IN TRANSITION. Heís a waaay better rim protector. Heís way better on the block. [B]Heís simply better in every single way. [/b} It has nothing to do with Gilmore respect or him being an old guy. It has to do with Wilt just flat out being way better. He'll shut down GIlmore's offense completely and score at will like he would have last series against EWING.

In fact my team as a whole is extremely efficient offensively, so I donít really understand the complaint about my 3pt shooting. Itís not even that bad? I mean Iím not the Golden State Warriors, but Iím certainly not as inept at shooting 3s as youíre making me out to be. By all means, if you want to leave Kobe wide open from 3, be my guest. Even Pippen in his prime shot around 35%, as high as 37%. Might not be Ray Allen out there but I can certainly live with that percentage from my 3rd best shooter in a starting 5 tbatís efficient from top to bottom.
    Extremely efficient? Whatís the point of this game if we have real life numbers head to head and they are completely ignored. Your best offensive option shot against 40% against carter. 40%, I donít care how efficiently anyone else on your team is, Kobe is going to take a lot of shots and less than half of them are going in.

Why do you think youíll get an open look? I donít have to leave to help anyone. By all means, funnel your offense straight at Bobby Jones, Mookie Blaylock, or Wilt. Let Kobe shoot 20 shots at 40%. By all means, rely on your bench player for the only serious source of offense.

Btw I have probably have 5 of the top 6 three point shooters.

Iíd crush this team in transition. Inside. Outside. Half court. Doesnít matter and the numbers back me up in every way.
    Last edited by Dunkapolooza; 06-14-2018 at 02:35 PM.

How is he even supposed to get in transition btw?

How will he outrebound my team to get in transition? Wilt will outrebound Gilmore like he outrebounded Bill Russell. 55 in one game. Which he might get with Kobe chucking 41%.

I'll get more steals too.

His primary offense will be less efficient than Harden or Wilt. Which will only feed my rebound advantage. And give me at least double the fast break opportunities.

I'd sweep this team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast