Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ODB13 View Post
    Non-contextual, mindless numbering.

How many of his at-bats have you watched?

What would you like to bet me personally that he wins ROY? Ill put anything you like in my sig if he doesn't. You can get creative and cruel.
    Non-contextual to you. Not to Z-Master. There is a greater discussion at play where two forums intersect.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Now that Ohtani is hurt, Gleyber probably has AL ROY locked up. Stassi could surprise I guess. But it should be Gleyber's to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Now that Ohtani is hurt, Gleyber probably has AL ROY locked up. Stassi could surprise I guess. But it should be Gleyber's to lose.
    Not really much of a year for rookies in the AL. But you canít lock anything up in Mid June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Interesting thing is Otani is no longer listed as a top prospect, despite not having reached EITHER 50 IP or 130PA

Quote Originally Posted by Joemoes View Post
    In the same post you said its to much for Degrom and then said its not enough quality for Degrom
    I don't see where I said a trade isn't enough for deGrom, so you'll have to show me where I said that. And I did see you said for both, and I misread that. I talked about the quality of prospects themselves, but that was going with the difference between a trade for depth, like the Cole Hamels trade in 2015, and a trade for high quality prospects, like the Chapman trade from 2016 where it was Gleyber Torres and some lower level prospects. The trade you suggested combined both and gave up like 5 of your top 7 prospects (not currently looking at the top 30 for the Yankees so I can be wrong about that). For both deGrom and Syndergaard, it miiiiiiiiight make sense, but a trade for both would be too significant to even fathom.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Interesting thing is Otani is no longer listed as a top prospect, despite not having reached EITHER 50 IP or 130PA
    Probably surpassed 45 games on the 25-man roster. That's another way to lose prospect status. Or maybe he fell off the list entirely, who knows.

Torres/Rosario debate is Jeter/Ordonez debate 2.0.

Realistic Trades that might happen this summer?

Hiura/Burns/Peralta for DeGrom/Mosoroco

Who says no?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Hiura/Burns/Peralta for DeGrom/Mosoroco

Who says no?

If you want deGrom, you are gonna have to give up a top 5 prospect in all of baseball.

Hiura was number 32 MLB.com and Burnes number 60. Peralta wasn't a top 100, but he probably could be.

Too many teams out there can top that package for deGrom.

I think there is very little chance that deGrom gets traded, but if he does, I think it requires a top 5-10 MLB prospect to get the conversation started.

Acuna, Vlad, Tatis, Jimenez, Soto...maybe Rodgers or Kopech/Tucker level

Think about what it cost for the Cubs to get Quintana....even with the 4 years of control, 2.5 of deGrom who is a significantly more talented pitcher is going to cost about the same.

what can kela get you, still has control for 2 more years could he get u a top 100 prospect or do u got to put him with hamels to get one

Quote Originally Posted by jerryred View Post
    what can kela get you, still has control for 2 more years could he get u a top 100 prospect or do u got to put him with hamels to get one
    I don't know what exactly, but I think the Rangers could get something good for Kela. He's putting up two quality relief seasons in a row, and like you said, still has two years of control.

What about Beltre, Kela and a couple of MM to the Braves for Brandon McCarthy (to offset some money of Beltre's contract) and Max Fried/Luiz Gohara?

what about this trade

braves: Cole Hamels and Keona Kela

Rangers: SP Ian Anderson, SP Kyle Mueller, and and lower prospect

Quote Originally Posted by jerryred View Post
    what about this trade

braves: Cole Hamels and Keona Kela

Rangers: SP Ian Anderson, SP Kyle Mueller, and and lower prospect
    I really don't think Hamels is a fit for the Braves, too high of a salary (including his 2019 buyout), along with a terrible FIP. If the Braves want to get a rental SP who's not an ace it should probably be JA Happ. And Hamels sure isn't worth a top 100 prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Ya, Miguel Andujar likely will finish in the top 3 as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast